719 posts
429 upvotes
Airdrie
Crossiron Alberta was $11.99 /kg today.
Feb 29, 2016
8 posts
jasonlee1018 wrote:
Jul 21st, 2019 10:42 am
any in either dixie or etobicoke locations?
Went to the Etobicoke location and they had ~6 in the bunker in the morning. Might have more in the back as it takes a lot of space in there
May 27, 2008
179 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
Picked one up in Brampton last Friday afternoon. Doesn't speak to the stock now, but at least I know there's a possibility they're available when I go now. The prior visit there weren't any. Was 8.99/kg - the grade isn't mentioned on the label.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
7608 posts
3778 upvotes
ON
Picked up a 4.2kg piece of AAA at Downsview at 8.99/kg in store packaging. Didn't see any other packages at that price, the rest was the AAA cryovac packs at a higher price.
It seemed already trimmed somewhat and I only removed the chunk of fat between the point and flat and some minor trimming on the cap.
It's in the oven right now, trying out this recipe https://spicysouthernkitchen.com/oven-b ... f-brisket/ with some minor personal tweaks on the seasoning.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
7445 posts
2674 upvotes
Markham
dilligafeh wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2019 5:02 pm
Picked up a 4.2kg piece of AAA at Downsview at 8.99/kg in store packaging. Didn't see any other packages at that price, the rest was the AAA cryovac packs at a higher price.
It seemed already trimmed somewhat and I only removed the chunk of fat between the point and flat and some minor trimming on the cap.
It's in the oven right now, trying out this recipe https://spicysouthernkitchen.com/oven-b ... f-brisket/ with some minor personal tweaks on the seasoning.
Looks good. Looking forward to pic and the "review".
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Apr 20, 2006
109 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
Picked up a piece of the cow at Orillia Costco for $8.99/lb
AT&T 25GB
PUBLIC MOBILE TALK & TEXT
TANGERINE $0.00 monthly fees
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
7608 posts
3778 upvotes
ON
gr8dlr wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2019 6:41 pm
Looks good. Looking forward to pic and the "review".
It turned out ok, bit over done for my taste. Maybe turn down the temp a bit next time or cook it a little less . I cooked it at 270F for about 6 hrs covered then put the sauce made from the juices and caramelized onions and bacon over and broiled it until the sauce caramelized at 500F. This was me guessing as I have not cooked brisket in the oven before and at over 9lbs I was worried it would be tough. The fat was rendered completely and you could cut it with a fork. Sauce was pretty good but then again I swayed from the recipe and seasoned it to my taste. I never follow recipes to a t , it's a habit I have. Half the brisket is already gone...to a better place being digested as we speak. The family enjoyed it.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
7445 posts
2674 upvotes
Markham
dilligafeh wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2019 11:03 pm
It turned out ok, bit over done for my taste. Maybe turn down the temp a bit next time or cook it a little less . I cooked it at 270F for about 6 hrs covered then put the sauce made from the juices and caramelized onions and bacon over and broiled it until the sauce caramelized at 500F. This was me guessing as I have not cooked brisket in the oven before and at over 9lbs I was worried it would be tough. The fat was rendered completely and you could cut it with a fork. Sauce was pretty good but then again I swayed from the recipe and seasoned it to my taste. I never follow recipes to a t , it's a habit I have. Half the brisket is already gone...to a better place being digested as we speak. The family enjoyed it.
Nice. Judging "doneness" of a brisket is not easy IMO especially in a oven "braise". Sometimes, not tender enough and sometimes too tender - it's personal preference really. I've been to Adamson BBQ and IMO the meat there is also overdone and too tender - when I eat meat I want to think that I'm eating meat with my teeth while I still have them and not my gum my meat!

Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
3200 posts
1095 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2019 10:06 am
Nice. Judging "doneness" of a brisket is not easy IMO especially in a oven "braise". Sometimes, not tender enough and sometimes too tender - it's personal preference really. I've been to Adamson BBQ and IMO the meat there is also overdone and too tender - when I eat meat I want to think that I'm eating meat with my teeth while I still have them and not my gum my meat!
Yeah, I like to have a bit of chew to my brisket, but doneness really does vary. I've had some in Houston where the texture was closer to a steak and then gone to Dallas and it was melting to the point it was like pulled pork.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3154 posts
1866 upvotes
Vancouver
$11.99/kg at downtown Vancouver Costco today. Picked one up since it looked nice. Going to smoke half and freeze the other half cause it’s just too much meat. Face With Tears Of Joy Maybe make curry with the other half...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
9743 posts
4415 upvotes
Wow i so want this and after seeing all these pictures makes me want even more.
I have a brand new smoker in my backyard well 2 years old but never actually used it yet and this would be great to start.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
Buy first think later!
Dont tell wife!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
7445 posts
2674 upvotes
Markham
blazed16 wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2019 7:49 pm
Wow i so want this and after seeing all these pictures makes me want even more.
I have a brand new smoker in my backyard well 2 years old but never actually used it yet and this would be great to start.
2 yr old brand new smoker and you've never used it!!!!! Are you waiting for the third yr anniversary before you use it? Invite some family/friends and do a multi meat/food cook then.

Possibilities....some ribs, small prime rib, some Atomic buffalo turds, maybe buy a pork butt/shoulder.

Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
1804 posts
874 upvotes
I didn't see any at Heartland on Monday. Has anyone seen any at the Laird Rd location?