Hot Deals

[Costco] SodaStream Power - $124.99

  • Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2020 12:56 pm
[OP]
Jr. Member
Oct 30, 2012
179 posts
97 upvotes
PETERBOROUGH

[Costco] SodaStream Power - $124.99

The SodaStream Power sparkling water maker is being sold at Costco in Peterborough for much less than the similarly equipped SodaStream Fizzi One Touch at $179.99.
The SodaStream Power is $199.99 at SodaStream.ca
23 replies
Newbie
Nov 11, 2007
2 posts
Mississauga
Anyone know the item # for this so I can call Costco store to see if they have inventory?
Newbie
Feb 4, 2011
33 posts
50 upvotes
Ottawa
abrahamdick wrote: The SodaStream Power sparkling water maker is being sold at Costco in Peterborough for much less than the similarly equipped SodaStream Fizzi One Touch at $179.99.
The SodaStream Power is $199.99 at SodaStream.ca
I prefer to use Kefir grains for my fizzi drinks. Different process and product, also cheaper. I did consider similar products as SodaStream but I don't find them cost effective.
[OP]
Jr. Member
Oct 30, 2012
179 posts
97 upvotes
PETERBOROUGH
4eversnow wrote: Anyone know the item # for this so I can call Costco store to see if they have inventory?
Costco Product Number: 1272765
Jr. Member
Apr 13, 2010
121 posts
187 upvotes
If you're the DIY type who prefers function over form, consider getting a CarbaCap and building your own rig. It's more powerful, works with any beverage, not just water, and is much cheaper to refill. Here are a couple of links to get you started, including more detail about why you'd go this route:
https://www.seriouseats.com/2014/06/pro ... ement.html
https://jeffreymorgenthaler.com/how-to- ... ation-rig/
Jr. Member
User avatar
Mar 13, 2006
169 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Korin25 wrote: I prefer to use Kefir grains for my fizzi drinks. Different process and product, also cheaper. I did consider similar products as SodaStream but I don't find them cost effective.
That's really cool! I didn't know about this. Thank you for sharing! Where did you get your kefir grains from?
Jr. Member
Apr 13, 2010
121 posts
187 upvotes
I forgot to mention that if you're the trashy type, imagine how it'll look when you pour fizzy box wine for your visitors out of a 2L pop bottle. No Sodastream can give you that.
Jr. Member
Dec 10, 2011
150 posts
146 upvotes
514
S1 wrote: I forgot to mention that if you're the trashy type, imagine how it'll look when you pour fizzy box wine for your visitors out of a 2L pop bottle. No Sodastream can give you that.
Probably not as trashy as your comment.
Newbie
Feb 4, 2011
33 posts
50 upvotes
Ottawa
kathkath wrote: That's really cool! I didn't know about this. Thank you for sharing! Where did you get your kefir grains from?
Ordered from amazon.ca. I found it a bit pricey for what it is and did not feel like trying with local natural stores since I would have to call around and arrange cub pickup.
Made by Happy Gut Pro, BC Canada company.

https://happygutpro.com/
https://happygutpro.com/brew/

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07JR5MWKQ/ref ... E_3p_dp_i1
Jr. Member
User avatar
Mar 13, 2006
169 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Korin25 wrote: Ordered from amazon.ca. I found it a bit pricey for what it is and did not feel like trying with local natural stores since I would have to call around and arrange cub pickup.
Made by Happy Gut Pro, BC Canada company.

https://happygutpro.com/
https://happygutpro.com/brew/

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07JR5MWKQ/ref ... E_3p_dp_i1
Thank you! :)
Member
Sep 27, 2009
227 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
frostiex wrote: But I refill my own co2 to save for the long run
Any tips on how you refill your own CO2?
Jr. Member
Dec 20, 2009
138 posts
9 upvotes
frostiex wrote: I personally splurge for my drink station. Everyone comments how nice it looks :p
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07GG2BNV3/ref ... VEbPGPNSW5

But I refill my own co2 to save for the long run
I use my soda stream daily and love it. That one you have is really nice. How do you refill your own carbonators? Dry ice? If so where do you get if from?
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 13, 2007
967 posts
275 upvotes
Calgary
mike330 wrote:
Any tips on how you refill your own CO2?
WeeB2 wrote: I use my soda stream daily and love it. That one you have is really nice. How do you refill your own carbonators? Dry ice? If so where do you get if from?
I use a 20LB CO2 Canister. My cousin works for Pepsi and she just gets that refilled for me for free. However, you can refill yourself @ many different places for about $35-50. It will refill 20 of your soda stream CO2 (my aarke uses the same CO2 canister as sodastream)
I paid $30 on ebay for a refill adapter.

Similar to this: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/392241741903?ha ... SwcOJbaqEd

I have 4 canisters I paid $10 each on kijiji. Once I am on the last one, I empty them out and put them in the freezer overnight.
Place your 20LB canister at a higher level than your sodastream canister and SLOWLY open the adapter and fill (you will hear it and don't go too fast as the safety valve will kick in and you will have to empty and redo). takes about 5 mins each.
You can place your sodastream conister on a scale and zero it out before the filling the begin and stop at about 1LBS (size of the sodastream ones)

Top