Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Sold Out Chef's Choice 1520 3 stage knife sharpener $99.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2020 8:52 am
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5569 posts
1952 upvotes
Also, I bought this last time around and have ZERO regrets! The sharpening is so fast and easy, and pretty fun, and I'm back to slicing and dicing like Fruit Ninja again. Brought all my shamefully dull knives back to life in an instant. So I will vouch for this product.
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2006
5507 posts
1001 upvotes
EnderWiggins wrote: Thanks that was really helpful. Looks like the this Chefs Choice one is easy to use compared to some of the others.
End of day electric sharpener is always more about convenience and less about being the sharpest. If you are going to use all those other manual methods, you might as well just whetstone your knife.

At the end of the video, they show the chef choice sharpening a butter knife so it can cut paper... so it's still sharp enough.
Oct 15, 2020
58 posts
17 upvotes
Richmond HIll
TruE SkiLLS wrote: End of day electric sharpener is always more about convenience and less about being the sharpest. If you are going to use all those other manual methods, you might as well just whetstone your knife.

At the end of the video, they show the chef choice sharpening a butter knife so it can cut paper... so it's still sharp enough.
Absolutely. Most people don't need or want to use whetstones and spend 20 minutes sharpening a single knife. If you're just in the market for a tool that keeps your knives relatively sharp using the least amount of time, then these electric sharpeners are the way to go.

However, it should be noted that the rate at which these sharpeners remove material tends to be much more than whetstones. If you repeat this process too many times, you will eventually lose your knife a lot quicker than if you had used a whetstone. It's essentially the same as putting a pencil into an electric sharpener for too long.
I'm sure we'll meet again, in some nostalgic place...

The Tale of Princess Kaguya
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2006
5507 posts
1001 upvotes
GOT SCAMMED. I received the 270 instead of the 1520.
[OP]
Nov 25, 2003
105 posts
49 upvotes
Barrie
TruE SkiLLS wrote: GOT SCAMMED. I received the 270 instead of the 1520.
I also received the 270.