• Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2021 5:12 pm
[OP]
Apr 8, 2007
757 posts
274 upvotes

[Costco] Sole SB700 Light Commercial Indoor Cycle Trainer

Back in stock.
Previous discussion implies highly rated and sturdy bike.
Yes, it is friction resistance (not magnetic) - some seem to think that is a big deal.
No, it's not a P...n
No, it's not connected.
Seems like a solid deal for a straightforward spin bike.
27 replies
Dec 13, 2012
79 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
The red piece that changes resistance - does anyone know how to fix it? We have a bike with the same design and the resistance won't increase. It feels like something stripped/broke off inside. We couldn't find a fix and had to get another bike. Will this have the same problem?
Jul 29, 2013
75 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
ipassgas wrote: Back in stock.
Previous discussion implies highly rated and sturdy bike.
Yes, it is friction resistance (not magnetic) - some seem to think that is a big deal.
No, it's not a P...n
No, it's not connected.
Seems like a solid deal for a straightforward spin bike.
Judging by the review, it sounds like a good bike, but then again, if it's not a connected bike, it's hard to justify why the price is so high.
[OP]
Apr 8, 2007
757 posts
274 upvotes
cs993232 wrote: Judging by the review, it sounds like a good bike, but then again, if it's not a connected bike, it's hard to justify why the price is so high.
Probably because as you said "it sounds like a good bike"
--- a few bluetooth connectors are cheap. Quality build and a heavy flywheel is the justification for the price.
Mar 25, 2009
961 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
Would this be a good bike to use with Apple Fitness Plus?
[OP]
Apr 8, 2007
757 posts
274 upvotes
mcfrugal wrote: Would this be a good bike to use with Apple Fitness Plus?
Not without a modification if you want to automatically upload any data.
If you have the need to post you workout automatically, you need a connected bike or some type of modification.
This deal is for a plain and simple high quality, quiet, reliable bike -- for those of us more interested in a good workout than sharing everything we do, everywhere we go, and everything we eat with a whole bunch of strangers.
Mar 25, 2009
961 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
ipassgas wrote: Not without a modification if you want to automatically upload any data.
If you have the need to post you workout automatically, you need a connected bike or some type of modification.
This deal is for a plain and simple high quality, quiet, reliable bike -- for those of us more interested in a good workout than sharing everything we do, everywhere we go, and everything we eat with a whole bunch of strangers.
Apple Fitness Plus uses your Apple Watch for the connection. I don’t think the bike itself needs to be connected to anything (unlike Peleton). Can any Apple fitness user confirm that this bike would be suitable?
Jul 29, 2013
75 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
ipassgas wrote: Probably because as you said "it sounds like a good bike"
--- a few bluetooth connectors are cheap. Quality build and a heavy flywheel is the justification for the price.
I bought Schwinn IC4 at 999, couldn't be happier, the flywheel is 40lb, not sure that could be counted as heavy. Do you think Bowflex/Schwinn is a cheap brand?
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2013
1236 posts
913 upvotes
Brampton
The ability to be connected seems overrated. I have this bike and use with peloton app. All my stats are displayed on my sole interface. I can follow just fine. What more do I need?
Mar 24, 2016
886 posts
1286 upvotes
scarborough
in for one. im not one to exercise hard due to health reasons. for example i do brisk walk on treadmill and elliptical.

cant really justify 1300 plus on a bike
[OP]
Apr 8, 2007
757 posts
274 upvotes
cs993232 wrote: I bought Schwinn IC4 at 999, couldn't be happier, the flywheel is 40lb, not sure that could be counted as heavy. Do you think Bowflex/Schwinn is a cheap brand?
1) 999 is 11% more expensive than 899
2) IC4 is no longer 999 -- last month at Best Buy it was 1199 and now sold out. Cheapest elsewhere is $1399
Apr 7, 2009
472 posts
285 upvotes
toronto
Seems like a good option compared to the Sunny Health one I purchased from Costco. Also not connected but also a quality build and heavier flywheel for under $900. Some have questioned Sunny Health's lack of Canadian support so if Sole supports Canadian buyers, it might be worth the extra $80?

Just noticed that I don't believe this Sole is magnetic resistance but that may not matter to some...
Mar 24, 2016
886 posts
1286 upvotes
scarborough
We're sorry, only 38 are available for item 1379548. Please adjust your quantity and try again.
Jul 29, 2013
75 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
Ic4 comes with 2 dumbbells plus one HRM, bought on Jan 28 while it was on sale for 999.
Mar 24, 2016
886 posts
1286 upvotes
scarborough
cs993232 wrote: Ic4 comes with 2 dumbbells plus one HRM, bought on Jan 28 while it was on sale for 999.
$300 difference for the schwinn $1199 now. Someone got greedy either the manufacture or Best Buy
Jan 27, 2011
434 posts
199 upvotes
Purchased. Returning my Schwinn ic4. That bike has given me nothing but issues...very very disappointing bike with poor build quality.

I'm not sure why people are downvoting the Sole bike...one quick Google search and you'll see this is a top notch, excellent bang for your buck bike....from Costco too!
Apr 7, 2009
472 posts
285 upvotes
toronto
I was surprised that it's friction and not magnetic. Seems odd at this price point.
Feb 28, 2011
340 posts
506 upvotes
ottawa
ngleu wrote: I was surprised that it's friction and not magnetic. Seems odd at this price point.
You pay premium for quality, brand, reputation, warranty...

Here is a good rundown on this and another more expensive sole bike

Last edited by gena_mak on Feb 8th, 2021 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 11, 2015
6 posts
Toronto, ON
I have this bike. I love it. Excellent quality!
Jul 7, 2005
254 posts
50 upvotes
Ottawa
Had it in the cart, but 10 - 14 days for estimated delivery killed it.. Picked up the Bowflex C7 from CT instead. Too bad because i love my Sole elliptical.