Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Sonicare Protective Clean Platinum Toothbrush (2-pack) - $134.99

Dec 30, 2017
83 posts
47 upvotes
pny128 wrote:
May 15th, 2019 8:14 am
What is the point of handle 2-pack if the handles are designed to have replaceable personalised brush heads?
Multiple bathrooms, one in each, and another for each kid off at University.
Nov 8, 2007
491 posts
143 upvotes
CorporalJenky wrote:
May 15th, 2019 11:50 am
Which credit card do you have?
They last time I tried to make a claim they only worked on the basis of refunding repair costs. If the manufacturer of the product only issues a replacement then I was ineligible for the claim. You can imagine this warranty only works for a limited ranger of products.
I think you should have escalated that case to a manager perhaps. I've used MC and AMEX.

My device was not repairable in the sense that the cost would definitely exceed the purchase price (and case processing effort).
As a side note eventual failure was a common issue for the product, but I doubt that played into their decision.

Another case I just accepted the repair cost as a cashout and upgraded the device to a more current model.
They just send you a cheque so it's really up to you.
Jun 18, 2018
392 posts
165 upvotes
IN FOR MYSELF, SIBLINGS, PARENTS, UNCLES, AUNTS, NIECES, NEPHEWS

WOO
Oct 16, 2010
186 posts
420 upvotes
People actually share the handle in a household and change the brush head multiple times per day?

I buy high-end products for quality and convenience, but that's just a hassle. The brush already increases the time spent in bathroom (to get a better clean) and switching heads every day is going to cause more wear.

Not my cup of tea, but to each their own.
----

For 2 brushes this is an amazing deal. But if anyone is looking for just 1 brush of the highest model I bought the DiamondClean at Shopper's. They sell black or white, it's regular $250 but frequently goes on sale for $199.99. If timed correctly you can stack on a redemption day, 130k pts for $175 or 140k pts for $200, or on 20x pts day. Total cost comes to $160+ tax or $146 + tax. Cheapest I've seen on Amazon is $180.

For the brush heads... once u buy it at shoppers you'll get a personalized offer for 2k pts on every $10 spent on Philip's sonicare brush or accessories. The brush heads are $46 regular (rip off), but go on sale for $35, stack with 20x pts, stack with 2k for $10 = each brush head about $10. Comparable to Costco's 5 brush heads for $55, but you 1) could buy 2, 4, 6+ quantity 2) can buy any of the 3 types of brush 3) can buy in black

DiamondClean comes with travel case, 3 brush heads (consider this in the cost), uses an app to track cleaning, and warranty is 2.5 yrs if you register online. Battery lasts me 2 weeks.

If u somehow get the personalized offer you can buy the DiamondClean for $111.50 on a 20x pts day.
Images
  • Screenshot_20190515-122406_PC Optimum.jpg
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2291 posts
617 upvotes
Nunavut
Getting tired of waiting for the brush heads to go on sale at Costco... can anyone recommend some *good* replacement off brand heads? (And not from any sites that will take weeks shipping from China)
Aug 27, 2008
437 posts
144 upvotes
Eldorado wrote:
May 16th, 2019 1:52 pm
Getting tired of waiting for the brush heads to go on sale at Costco... can anyone recommend some *good* replacement off brand heads? (And not from any sites that will take weeks shipping from China)
I've been using Oliver James replacement brush heads from Amazon.ca, no complaints. Quality is like 90% on par with first-party Philips brush heads, but only 5-10% of the price. Just need to replace. them slightly more often but still come out far ahead on cost savings.

They make a few different versions, I bought these since they were the only ones in black and I preferred if that matched my toothbrush handle.
https://www.amazon.ca/Oliver-James-Repl ... 62&sr=8-10
Rogers Line #1 (iPhone 4 32GB): 450 Anytime Minutes | Evenings&Weekends @ 6 PM | Unlimited Incoming Calls | Unlimited R2R Calls | 100 LD Minutes | 2500 SMS | Caller ID | VM | 6GB Data | TOTAL = $37.50 + GRRF = $40.08 - 15% BCB Discount |
Rogers Line #2 (Blackberry Bold 9700): 450 Anytime Minutes | Evenings&Weekends @ 6 PM | Unlimited Incoming Calls | Unlimited Network Calls + LD | 100 LD Minutes | 2500 SMS | Caller ID | VM | 6GB Data | TOTAL = $42.50 + GRRF = $45.08 - 15% BCB Discount |
Feb 23, 2014
734 posts
233 upvotes
toguy wrote:
May 13th, 2019 6:21 am
Costco has the Sonicare 2-pack toothbrush handles on sale for $134.99 in-store or $139.99 online (latter price includes shipping). Been waiting for this to go on sale as one of ours looks like it's on its last legs.

https://www.costco.ca/Philips-Sonicare- ... 99655.html
difference between this and the diamondclean?
Jun 27, 2017
200 posts
64 upvotes
Ottawa
Anyone know if the new version with the app is worth it? Or is having an app to brush teeth a bit much.
Oct 16, 2010
186 posts
420 upvotes
paul29m wrote:
May 17th, 2019 2:11 am

difference between this and the diamondclean?
https://www.amazon.ca/DiamondClean-Rech ... B0721N2DJV
TheCheapCDN wrote:
May 18th, 2019 1:48 pm
Anyone know if the new version with the app is worth it? Or is having an app to brush teeth a bit much.
I use the app and like it. I will say, it's frustrating at times because 1) sometimes it doesnt connect to the bluetooth and to reset it you have to put on the
wireless charger. 2) tracking with an app means you have to bring your phone to the bathroom everytime. 3) the 3D tracking diagram takes some getting used to as the tracking can be finicky. Anyone who is bad with technology wouldnt like it.

I like it because 1) it helps me track my brushing, 2) it holds me accountable to brushing a specific time every time 3) holds me accountable for brushing 12 sections of my teeth without cheating 4) you have goals and pts, making it more fun experience to develop good brushing habits 5) has 3D diagram of my brushing habits including areas and pressure.

The main value-add are: 1) tracking and 2) helping you develop consisting brushing habits

However you dont have to use the app and the DiamondClean toothbrush is fantastic overall.

Overall it serves as a great supplement to going to dentist (not as replacement, just the best cleaning on the market). I love this toothbrush very much and has been one of my best purchases.
Jun 27, 2017
200 posts
64 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks for the detailed response. Sounds like it worth trying it in the future. For now I'll stick with the cheaper Costco one.