Sony Bravia XBR55X900F 55-in. Smart 4K HDR TV $1298.00

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2019 12:08 am
[OP]
Dec 11, 2017
36 posts
10 upvotes

[Costco] Sony Bravia XBR55X900F 55-in. Smart 4K HDR TV $1298.00

Same deal as Best Buy's Boxing Day sale. Rather purchase from Costco for their warranty and return policy. 65" and 75" also on sale.
39 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2003
7207 posts
1189 upvotes
London
Much, MUCH cheaper at Visions in the GTA,
Feb 21, 2007
79 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
Hibbing wrote: Much, MUCH cheaper at Visions in the GTA,
Any deal for the sony 43x750f at vision?
Sep 10, 2014
167 posts
158 upvotes
ON
I'm seeing $1298 at Visions on their black friday flyer....?
Feb 2, 2014
529 posts
608 upvotes
Toronto
Website says $1298. It's cheaper in store?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2003
7207 posts
1189 upvotes
London
tjindersingh wrote: Website says $1298. It's cheaper in store?
The cheapest price in Canada.

Scarborough - See Mike
Whitby - See Rico
Dixie - See Ibrahim.
Mention Hibbing sent you.
Feb 8, 2018
55 posts
810 upvotes
I just visited visions hearland mississauga. The tag is not even updated and still showing $1498. After showing flyer to the sales person checked and price is $1298. Im thinking to order from costco
[OP]
Dec 11, 2017
36 posts
10 upvotes
Unfortunately us Canadians out West need to settle with these prices Disappointed But Relieved Face
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2003
7207 posts
1189 upvotes
London
vikise wrote: I just visited visions hearland mississauga. The tag is not even updated and still showing $1498. After showing flyer to the sales person checked and price is $1298. Im thinking to order from costco
Go to Visions Dixie and talk to Ibrahim.
Sep 4, 2013
148 posts
163 upvotes
Toronto
Hibbing wrote: The cheapest price in Canada.

Scarborough - See Mike
Whitby - See Rico
Dixie - See Ibrahim.
Will be doing this for my next tv - thanks!
Mar 7, 2002
636 posts
156 upvotes
Toronto
The 65 is $1998.

$300 less than on BF at Costco. Great deal and of course warranty of $99 only there.
Dec 25, 2018
20 posts
22 upvotes
My first post.

Sony forces all licensed dealers to adhere to certain pricing policies when they allow their TV's to be listed on sale. But by law in Canada they cannot force dealers to adhere to that pricing when you are face to face with a sales person, without running afoul of competition laws.

So if you want a price better then the advertized price, which is almost certainly uniform across all Sony retailers on boxing day you have to be at the store. Any dealer openly advertizing a lower price even on a public forum will be getting a threatening call from Sony with a threat to immediately revoke their status. Its a very anti-competitive practice and one that should be cracked down on by government.

I always read the TV sales threads and wonder why someone would be asking Hibbing to quote a price when its been common knowledge on how Sony operates for at least 2 decades.

As to why some retail outlets won't budge on the sale price its simple - if they all hold the line in a particular geographic marketplace (normal practice) then you really won't have any choice and will buy at the advertized price while in their premises.

I have been reading about a higher number of quality issues with the 900F's recently versus the past. This has me believing Costco with its warranty may be a good thing although with some credit cards your warranty is automatically doubled but check your cc for exclusions. I am wondering if the 900F series has been moved to 3rd party manufacturers in mid 2018 vs Sony owned factories where it was originally produced. This could account for the higher level of quality problems.
Sep 8, 2014
23 posts
16 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Any ways to get the vision deal delivered to Quebec ?

I am looking for a 65x900f or 75x900f

Thanks in advanced.
Feb 3, 2015
466 posts
381 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
By "much, much", how much cheaper in range? I would regret it driving just to be dissapointed with the quoted price in store because it is not that much cheaper.
Mar 24, 2003
665 posts
173 upvotes
When can we get this pricing at visions until using Hibbings?
Feb 8, 2018
55 posts
810 upvotes
Hibbing wrote:
Go to Visions Dixie and talk to Ibrahim.
Amazing Hibbing. You are a star
Bought it for $1125 - 55x900F

Thanks a lot.Thumbs Up SignSmiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2003
7207 posts
1189 upvotes
London
Nolan wrote: When can we get this pricing at visions until using Hibbings?
The cheapest price in Canada.

Scarborough - See Mike
Whitby - See Rico
Dixie - See Ibrahim.
Mar 22, 2011
66 posts
40 upvotes
neversoonenough wrote: I always read the TV sales threads and wonder why someone would be asking Hibbing to quote a price when its been common knowledge on how Sony operates for at least 2 decades.
Well said. Thanks for taking the time to explain.
Granted not everyone frequents the forum. But if one wants to purchase tv at a great price the responsibility is upon oneself to gather the necessary info. The ignorance, laziness, entitlement, displayed on comments like "I don't have the time / I'm too lazy to read 100+ pages to parse the info" is just mindblowing. If one doesn't think it's worth to save a few hundred, then feel free to pay whatever advertised price one can find.

And in-store prices are always better. Is it guaranteed? Not unless it's one of 3 stores Hibbing have contacts in. But your probability to get better price is closer to 80% vs probably 20% over the phone. Again, requires some efforts, just part of the process. Whether it's worth your time or not you'd be the judge in the end.

Posting the price openly (esp for Sony) can just ruin it for everyone. Ofc can be chalked to ignorance, but for those who don't know, it's like biting the hand which helps you.
Last edited by alexanderism on Dec 26th, 2018 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2651 posts
1922 upvotes
Calgary
Would love to grab a 65 inch 900F. Unfortunately between the cost of the TV, likely needing a new 4K capable receiver and a 4K Apple TV, this would be a bit much for me to pull off this Boxing Day. Maybe there will be a good sale sometime in 2019 :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)