• Feb 1st, 2019 10:45 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2004
3944 posts
476 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 2:48 pm
Hold up. This thread needs to expound on this point.

Does the NVidia Shield streamed gaming feature produce horrific video quality? Inquiring minds.
No, actually, nVidia shield TV has better performance than the ps1 classic on fps and picture quality, so I said there is no point to get this classic because nowadays games have to be played in HD(at least).
Heatware

Go Portugal Go
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
10626 posts
10706 upvotes
rui wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 2:53 pm
No, actually, nVidia shield TV has better performance than the ps1 classic on fps and picture quality, so I said there is no point to get this classic because nowadays games have to be played in HD(at least).
Some great news. This may be a good low key solution to the PC and Console dichotomy. A good low cost compromise.
Dec 20, 2010
313 posts
185 upvotes
Big mistake pricing this more than the Nintendo Classics were
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4174 posts
2579 upvotes
Best PS1 emulator is the PSP but it only has 1 analog stick. That makes PS Vita the best emulator since it has 2 analog sticks, amazing battery and screen.

It beats out Shield, phone, PS3, and PC emulation since PSP does near perfect job and Vita can run PSP OS.

Digital Foundry did a video on this.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
13882 posts
4091 upvotes
Montreal
T_Ruff wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 4:05 pm
Big mistake pricing this more than the Nintendo Classics were
And making it a useless piece-of-crap.
Official Response from Dollarama Management:

Dollarama has a no exchange/no refund policy, and as a result, all sales are final. This information can be found on the screen of each check-out/point-of-sale in our stores as well as on each receipt.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1466 posts
1070 upvotes
Toronto
Guys what the difference between this one and the original ps1 slim, other then the built in games and HDMI output. I still have my modded ps1 slim. I tried to give it away for free to my nephews and they refused it..lol
Jan 21, 2010
389 posts
133 upvotes
Toronto
Richard1986 wrote:
Dec 18th, 2018 5:46 pm
Seen many critical reviews of this system, online. A lot of unknown games, and most of them are the pal versions. Plus it has a laggy control response/feedback. I'll pass. The Sega Genesis one from ATGames is the same, too.
Whereas this was game selection and PAL, the AT Games Sega has a bootleg market-level game selection and horrible audio. That's a full stop for me. The AT games system does have the ability to play actual genesis games tho. PS1 classic is worth keeping an eye on though. With the pace they are hacking this thing at, the novelty may be worth it at clearance prices.
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2012
2486 posts
1003 upvotes
MARKHAM
WL1980 wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 4:35 pm
Best PS1 emulator is the PSP but it only has 1 analog stick. That makes PS Vita the best emulator since it has 2 analog sticks, amazing battery and screen.

It beats out Shield, phone, PS3, and PC emulation since PSP does near perfect job and Vita can run PSP OS.

Digital Foundry did a video on this.
I used ePSXe, was great playing on my PC back in the days. Now can even play on android. The best part about emulator is that I can increase speed for fast farming or lvling
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2011
1818 posts
369 upvotes
EDMONTON
Lol OP is getting downvoted because this doesn't have a Nintendo label on it.

Also I can confirm pricing in Edmonton as well

EDIT: price is $79 at yellowhead location
RFD Etiquette:
- If you are going to shoot down a deal by referencing an expired sale or past deals, please provide us with a working time machine!
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2011
1818 posts
369 upvotes
EDMONTON
Here's a pic for proof. It will probably drop to $50 soon
Images
  • P_20181219_182331_vHDR_Auto.jpg
RFD Etiquette:
- If you are going to shoot down a deal by referencing an expired sale or past deals, please provide us with a working time machine!
Nov 2, 2012
985 posts
1303 upvotes
umadbrah wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 8:17 pm
Lol OP is getting downvoted because this doesn't have a Nintendo label on it.

Also I can confirm pricing in Edmonton as well

EDIT: price is $79 at yellowhead location
I'm pretty sure OP is getting downvoted because the product is garbage, isn't selling well, and isn't worth it even at the discounted price. If it's already being discounted and it's only been out for a couple weeks, it means it's a dud. The fact people are relying on the hacking community to make this even a bit of a decent product is telling.

Most people know that if it's being discounted now, it will be on fire sale after new year.

I also upvoted OP, because despite crap deal, I'm in a holiday giving mood. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
3640 posts
780 upvotes
WL1980 wrote:
Dec 18th, 2018 8:03 pm
If Sony made too many of this it will end up like the $30 PSTV clearance, or worse, $2 Steamlink.

Sony could have shucked the PSTV and put it in a PS1 case and it would be 10x better than this.
If this thing is really not selling, this might be the next hot buy at Dollarama in the next 6-12 months.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2011
1818 posts
369 upvotes
EDMONTON
I guarantee you if this had a Nintendo logo and at regular price, the RFDers would be eating it up.

At $80 it's not not even that bad. Although I would wait for the $50 pricetag. People complaining that it doesn't have a wall adapter is extremely laughable, yet these same people wouldn't bat an eye to the fact that Nintendo has sold the 3DS without one for a very long time.

It's especially a dumb thing to complain about since almost every outlet brick you buy now has USB ports on it.
RFD Etiquette:
Aug 23, 2015
432 posts
327 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I'd pay $50, no more. It does have Final Fantasy VII and Metal Gear Solid.