Costco

Sony WH-1000XM4 noise-cancelling headphones - $280

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 30th, 2022 9:10 pm
Feb 4, 2011
190 posts
119 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I bought an extra pair because I didn't realise that Best Buy no longer did the 10% price beat.

If anyone in Ottawa wants to buy them off me before I return them, PM me.
Koodo Mobile | Tangerine | Questrade | Wealthsimple
Feb 8, 2011
818 posts
795 upvotes
Toronto
woolo wrote: Looks like the product doesn't fit u.. but it fits the majority or the rest of us. Next time if u just want to try it to see what's the hype about it, u should go to Costco or Bestbuy to test the demo. Shouldnt abuse the return policy just for ur curiosity. Thats why Bestbuy restricts their return policy on headphones.

Personally I will wait for xm5.
Irony is BB and many retailers don't want to take headphones back citing "Hygiene" reasons.
Yet, they want you to try the "demo" models out on display, used and abused by god knows who....
Means, they dont care if i try in store and infect others or infect myself in store because these "demo" ones are used by who knows ...but i can't buy and return new one for same reason....Thats why i dont buy from BB.
9 out to 10 headphones are very subjective to your fitting and liking, specially for long use on flights ...if they are uncomfortable ...good bless
Oct 26, 2003
134 posts
31 upvotes
Mississauga
Rely has anyone received theirs's yet? Mine still show as "label created, UPS has not picked up yet "
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2011
3900 posts
2820 upvotes
EDMONTON
Has anyone tried playing "360 Reality Audio" music through the "360 by Deezer" app? How does it sound? It's supposed to take advantage of Sony's LDAC codec

There's a free trial for Deezer premium but i dont get my headphones in until Saturday
teksavvy sucks
Mar 14, 2018
144 posts
182 upvotes
coriolis wrote: I've owned both and while the Jabra 85H is also good, the ANC and sound quality is definitely not as good. Maybe 70%-80% as good? Still effective but with ANC on both, there is definitely noticeable at least for me. The 85H are a few years out of date with no updates, I'm hoping to see a better Jabra 95H or Elite 9H or something!

As for the replaceable foam pads, do you have a source to get them? I wasn't able to find any since the earpads have a plastic piece built in, and there is no aftermarket replacement pads (especially velour material) that I've found. I'd really appreciate it!
https://www.amazon.ca/cart/smart-wagon? ... b2b6296b,1

or if you have the black ones like me, there seems to be a 3rd party option on amazon.com for only $4 more with shipping

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Elit ... =8-16&th=1

I actually don't have any issues but just might get the 3rd party one just in case lol
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
20593 posts
6045 upvotes
GTA
abybiggs wrote: https://www.amazon.ca/cart/smart-wagon? ... b2b6296b,1

or if you have the black ones like me, there seems to be a 3rd party option on amazon.com for only $4 more with shipping

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Elit ... =8-16&th=1

I actually don't have any issues but just might get the 3rd party one just in case lol
Thank you! I was looking for velour soft pads but couldn't find any. I'll take a look, having a backup set is a good idea!
Aug 19, 2020
49 posts
23 upvotes
Edmonton
Got mine 2 days later.

Form and fit is very comfy. Best one I had so far.
The audio quality is satisfying, but had mixed feelings on the ANC feature.
While the ANC does cut off most of background noise, it can still up a lot of voices/conversations few feet away.
The foldable design is very nice. I can store the cans in my drawer without taking up too much space.
The microphone is very bad: picks up a lot of noise, not quite clear sounding, and the audio cuts off from time to time for some reason.
My ears gets pretty hot after 20 minutes or so. Not a good feeling for sure. I guess its caused by the narrow ear cups, not too sure.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
2559 posts
1683 upvotes
Antarctica
rowboats wrote: My ears gets pretty hot after 20 minutes or so. Not a good feeling for sure. I guess its caused by the narrow ear cups, not too sure.
Had the same issue with QC35, was hoping these would be better.

Going to keep using earbuds till someone like apple “reinvents” the temperature mitigation feature in headphones lol.
Aug 19, 2020
49 posts
23 upvotes
Edmonton
Forgot to add, there's no in-line passthrough feature for the microphones. Meaning, the mics only work via BT and not on wired connection.
Not too bummed about that since its more of a nice-to-have.
Crichtonfan wrote: Had the same issue with QC35, was hoping these would be better.
I was also looking at the QC35 ii for comfort. It's sad to know that it also share the same issue.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

james151br