Hot Deals

[Costco] Sony WH-H900N Headphones (Noise Cancelling) $199

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 12th, 2019 2:22 pm
Oct 25, 2010
493 posts
189 upvotes
I ended up going with the Bose mainly because a few people commented that the headband hurts the top of your head with these after a few hours.
Dec 9, 2014
230 posts
163 upvotes
DRC wrote:
Sep 4th, 2019 9:41 pm
I assume you can take a call with these like with the Bose QC35's. Anyone have any experience with these on calls?
Have Sony's, never tried Bose's. Callers consistently negged the embedded microphone's voice quality, so I don't use it anymore. Never been on the receiving end of my own calls, but I believe what they're trying to say is that the signal-to-noise ratio is bad—a fun irony, coming from a noise-cancelling device. The headphone functionality itself sees hours of daily use from me, though; a little sweaty but absolutely no regrets.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2003
1860 posts
222 upvotes
jimmybobert wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 9:55 am
From what I've read these vs the bose is pretty much a draw. Reviewers have said these have better sound quality where as the bose has better noise cancelling. I bought these last time they came on sale at costco and love them. I primarily use them in the office and the noise cancelling is good enough to block out all the ambient noise.
Yeah I went with these over the Bose. I think the Bose look cooler, these kinda stick out instead of slope in. Sound and NC are great on both though. One thing I use more than I thought was the touch controls, these are really worth having.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2007
1638 posts
154 upvotes
York Region
The Wirecutter seems to like these Sony's: https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best- ... eadphones/
I bought a pair on their recommendation. Very satisfied.
Last edited by knightwrangler on Sep 12th, 2019 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Purchase from a trusted RFD (seller & buyer) 100% positive feedback. Your assured for a safe and clean transaction. Located in the York Region. Can ship at your expense if paying by EMT, please no trades-PM is the key!
Apr 21, 2019
12 posts
9 upvotes
killuminati wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 10:16 am
Yeah I went with these over the Bose. I think the Bose look cooler, these kinda stick out instead of slope in. Sound and NC are great on both though. One thing I use more than I thought was the touch controls, these are really worth having.
Agree didn't think I'd use touch controls but they are very nice.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1433 posts
407 upvotes
Edmonton
I picked these up open box at 140 quite a while ago. Cannot complain at all. Intended use is travel on airplane. plenty good for that.

R U PACKIN HEAT
?
Jan 4, 2019
149 posts
136 upvotes
These are very good headphones and the mobile app allows for a lot of easy tinkering. You can play with the noise cancellation and mic settings.

Being able to put your hand over the headset to listen to what's around you is amazing. Something I wish Bose had.

Pairing to multiple devices for multiple purpose is annoying. These songs don't make it easy. However if you use it with one device you will have no problem. Fun fact, you can listen to music on one device with taking calls on another with both paired at the same time.

Overall I would recommend them. People are splitting hairs over the bose vs these, just try both. They each have their own pros and cons.

I found the Sony very comfortable and did not hurt after 8 hours a day.
Jan 28, 2008
216 posts
55 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
BaliwBoy wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 11:42 am
How are these vs beats studio 3?
I believe these are much better than Beats studio3.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2011
1816 posts
365 upvotes
EDMONTON
shutterbug wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 7:13 pm
You don't need a computer. It's a micro usb port. Any standard USB charger will do.
Lots of reviews seem to be saying you do.... hmmm are they just all idiots? lolol
RFD Etiquette:
- If you are going to shoot down a deal by referencing an expired sale or past deals, please provide us with a working time machine!
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1433 posts
407 upvotes
Edmonton
umadbrah wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 1:58 pm
Lots of reviews seem to be saying you do.... hmmm are they just all idiots? lolol
I own them. you can charge with a wall charger.

R U PACKIN HEAT
?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2009
5594 posts
1502 upvotes
Scarborough
freewheelin76 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 10:57 am
I picked these up open box at 140 quite a while ago. Cannot complain at all. Intended use is travel on airplane. plenty good for that.
Where did you get it open box?
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3106 posts
1822 upvotes
Vancouver
umadbrah wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 1:58 pm
Pretty much... I charge them with a micro USB cable connected to an Anker multiple port charger I use to charge ps4 controllers and haven’t had any issue.

Also used the USB port on my power recliner to charge it before and didn’t have any issues (standard 2A port).
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1433 posts
407 upvotes
Edmonton
SkimGuy wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 2:06 pm
Where did you get it open box?
It was an ebay thing. Luckily the guy was local to me and met in person so I was able to atest to the condition being at least LNIB. He had a few of them.

R U PACKIN HEAT
?