Hot Deals

Costco

Sony X90J (50", 55", 65", 75") (Costco and Other Retailers as well)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2021 6:18 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
2823 posts
2940 upvotes
Montreal

[Costco] Sony X90J (50", 55", 65", 75") (Costco and Other Retailers as well)

50" (Sale $1398, Reg $1498)
https://www.costco.ca/sony-50-in.-4k-hd ... 60600.html

55" (Sale $1498, Reg $1698)
https://www.costco.ca/sony-55-in.-4k-hd ... 60940.html

65" (Sale $1798, Reg $1998)
https://www.costco.ca/sony-65-in.-4k-hd ... 57482.html

75" (Sale $2498, Reg $2998)
https://www.costco.ca/sony-75-in.-4k-hd ... 78310.html

Features:
  • 4K HDR, HLG, Dolby Vision
  • Google TV
  • Compatible with AirPlay 2, Google Assistant
  • TRILUMINOS™ Pro
  • 4 × HDMI
I can't tell for the other TVs but when I bought my 75" last month, regular price was $3298 but now show $2998. Depending on how you look at it, it range from 17% savings to 25% :)

Available at Best Buy, Costco, Brick, etc. I choose Costco because it has the best warranty and cheap ($99).

I think it might drop a bit more for BF but there's less and less stock so maybe a good price point for a non OLED TV.
Images
  • imageService.jpg
Last edited by SquadG on Oct 8th, 2021 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I make Ridgid to Ryobi Adapter and other adapters from Ridgid as well
Thread Summary
If you're looking for more options, RFD Reviews has a roundup of the best 4K HDR Smart TVs!
49 replies
Jan 14, 2005
310 posts
121 upvotes
Brampton
Prices look good before Good Friday Sales..
Sony XBR65X900H, Panasonic TH-50PX77U, Pioneer vsx-1325, klipsch Ref 82, Cervin-Wega E76-c, Klipsch 12" Sub, JBL-10 Sub, Polk-Audio Surround speakers, Harmony Ultimate, Playstation 5, Playstation 3, Wii, WiiU, AppleTV 4K, Amazon Fire TV Cube.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3125 posts
6367 upvotes
I heard that next week Costco is doing one of those spend $XXX get $XXX Costco cash card events.

I am not sure what the exact numbers of next weeks deal are. I think the threshold is $3k and the amount GC amount is $450 but don’t quote me on that.
Apr 23, 2018
76 posts
161 upvotes
addicted2it wrote: Any idea at all if Tires would count - based on similar past promos?
He said don't quote.
Jul 29, 2006
176 posts
236 upvotes
Ottawa
Wondering if a cash card would apply since Sony (like Apple) controls pricing to within a few dollars between vendors which is why the other stores also have it discounted. Adding a cash card would provide Costco an unfair advantage.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
2143 posts
1526 upvotes
Ottawa
gninga wrote:
He said don't quote.
Came here for this
congo wrote: Wondering if a cash card would apply since Sony (like Apple) controls pricing to within a few dollars between vendors which is why the other stores also have it discounted. Adding a cash card would provide Costco an unfair advantage.
Technically, Costco is a wholesale vendor, so they could get away from some restrictions I believe
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
2152 posts
1120 upvotes
Montreal
canuckavelli1 wrote: X90J was the model I was aiming for Black Friday but with the launch of TCL R646, having a hard time justifying the increased price.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare ... shold=0.10
I was debating the same thing, spec wise, the TCL is a no brainer with VRR, wider gamut, better local dimming, etc.

If BF will drop these pricings further, will def go with TCL.
Apr 17, 2009
480 posts
90 upvotes
I bought the X90J a few weeks ago, the image quality is stunning but the screen is like a mirror! I can even see my ps4 remote light in the screen when I’m gaming…
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2041 posts
1576 upvotes
Canada
canuckavelli1 wrote: X90J was the model I was aiming for Black Friday but with the launch of TCL R646, having a hard time justifying the increased price.

williamsauga wrote: I was debating the same thing, spec wise, the TCL is a no brainer with VRR, wider gamut, better local dimming, etc.

If BF will drop these pricings further, will def go with TCL.
Where is the TCL R646 for sale in Canada, I cant seem to find it? It seems to be $900 USD at Best Buy which would land it around the $1200~ Canadian mark or higher (companies seem to be overstating the exchange like Apple recently). Not bad value at all! but I have to say the QC on the TCL alone scared me away with all the past threads of dud panels and I picked up the X900H(X90H) for $1100 from Visions in February so I am happy enough. I am still without the promised VRR still but the PQ is phenomenal. I would definitely recommend the X90J if its anything like the X90H has been for me, I love it.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2004
4208 posts
1339 upvotes
Vancouver

The TCL really seems like a great TV. Gets brighter, has better contrast, better color gamut, and has a lot more features out of the box. Actual picture quality but not be as good as the Sony, especially without calibration, but you can adjust that. HDR 10+ is not widely distributed but it's nice the TCL supports it. All of the features that Sony has promised WRT to HDMI 2.1 like ALLM and VRR are ready out of the box. The X90J (and X900H) have this weird limitation that only allows it to either do 4K120 or Dolby Vision, and not both, which fine from a practicality POV because you can't use Dolby Vision at 120hz anyway, but it looks like the TCL allows you to have both Dolby Vision and 4K120hz enabled at the same time, meaning you don't have to manually go into the settings to switch the input mode.

One possible concern is that this TV may not fully render 4K120 at full resolution. It's the same issue the X900H and other TVs based on this chip has, the Mediatek SoC just can't do it.
Removed external link in signature.
Dec 18, 2017
182 posts
117 upvotes
jbone14 wrote: Where is the TCL R646 for sale in Canada, I cant seem to find it? It seems to be $900 USD at Best Buy which would land it around the $1200~ Canadian mark or higher (companies seem to be overstating the exchange like Apple recently). Not bad value at all! but I have to say the QC on the TCL alone scared me away with all the past threads of dud panels and I picked up the X900H(X90H) for $1100 from Visions in February so I am happy enough. I am still without the promised VRR still but the PQ is phenomenal. I would definitely recommend the X90J if its anything like the X90H has been for me, I love it.
Amazon.ca selling them sporadically. 55" I got for $930, 65" is around $1200 I think. I am also worried about reliability but from what I read TCL is better than Hisense and Vizio.
lhsonic wrote: The TCL really seems like a great TV. Gets brighter, has better contrast, better color gamut, and has a lot more features out of the box. Actual picture quality but not be as good as the Sony, especially without calibration, but you can adjust that. HDR 10+ is not widely distributed but it's nice the TCL supports it. All of the features that Sony has promised WRT to HDMI 2.1 like ALLM and VRR are ready out of the box. The X90J (and X900H) have this weird limitation that only allows it to either do 4K120 or Dolby Vision, and not both, which fine from a practicality POV because you can't use Dolby Vision at 120hz anyway, but it looks like the TCL allows you to have both Dolby Vision and 4K120hz enabled at the same time, meaning you don't have to manually go into the settings to switch the input mode.

One possible concern is that this TV may not fully render 4K120 at full resolution. It's the same issue the X900H and other TVs based on this chip has, the Mediatek SoC just can't do it.
As far as I know, the TCL does have this limitation. Does the X90J also have this limitation? Isn't it the same SoC as X900H.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2041 posts
1576 upvotes
Canada
canuckavelli1 wrote: Amazon.ca selling them sporadically. 55" I got for $930, 65" is around $1200 I think. I am also worried about reliability but from what I read TCL is better than Hisense and Vizio.
Woah... If Amazon were selling the new R646 for $31 CDN more than the USD$ price that would be a blazing hot deal!!
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1289 posts
1062 upvotes
Toronto
I'd recommend those interested in these TV's to go check in-store at Visions Electronics - show them the Costco price, and they'll beat it. Also comes with 2 year warranty.
The Golden Rule: those who have the gold, make the rules
Feb 26, 2015
112 posts
67 upvotes
Sony X90J or Samsung Q80A, if at exact same price?
Bright room, don't want reflections, no gaming.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
1868 posts
933 upvotes
Toronto
krulzt wrote: Sony X90J or Samsung Q80A, if at exact same price?
You may want to think about the smart portion of those TVs, Google TV vs Samsung's
Feb 26, 2015
112 posts
67 upvotes
jasonchewy wrote: You may want to think about the smart portion of those TVs, Google TV vs Samsung's
Thanks but I don't really need the smart portion of the TV. I plan to connect it with IPTV/Android streaming box, which has all the apps I need.
Just for curiosity, what's the major difference between them though?
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
1868 posts
933 upvotes
Toronto
krulzt wrote: Thanks but I don't really need the smart portion of the TV. I plan to connect it with IPTV/Android streaming box, which has all the apps I need.
Just for curiosity, what's the major difference between them though?
That's exactly the thing, the Google TV in my case, will be replacing my Android streaming box. One less box near the tv.
As I can install android apps on it. So it'll be able to play Disney+ (thanks Saleforce), CloudTV, and put in MX Player and MiXplorer to play videos off my NAS.

That's why to me it is quite a considering point.

I don't know much about the Samsung one, but at least I know I can't install android app on it (sideload apk).
Dec 23, 2012
115 posts
32 upvotes
CONCORD
krulzt wrote: Sony X90J or Samsung Q80A, if at exact same price?
I'm in the same boat, i ordered the Q80A last week, and now wondering the same...