Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2019

Sony XBR65X900F 65" TV - $1498 (+$250 in gift cards with coupon code)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 19th, 2019 4:07 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2007
2690 posts
3263 upvotes
Calgary
psyh wrote: Mind you, the code works on purchases over $1500, so you'll need a filler or get the extended warranty to qualify.
Yup, definitely getting the extended warranty.
Mar 3, 2013
59 posts
19 upvotes
I think what's throwing people off - at least what threw me off - is the $0.01 of discount that gets applied when you enter BONUS2019. I thought this meant Costco had killed the stacking by reducing the discount from $100 to $0.01. But it's a misdirect - the BONUS2019 code is supposed to add a second $100 gift card.
Mar 3, 2013
59 posts
19 upvotes
psyh wrote: Mind you, the code works on purchases over $1500, so you'll need a filler or get the extended warranty to qualify.
Depending on province. In NL, I got hit with a $35 eco fee that took me over $1500.
Oct 3, 2010
15 posts
27 upvotes
Vancouver
Just got this as well - sweet deal. Had to wait like 30 minutes for the various pages to load, but worthwhile in the end.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2006
1245 posts
67 upvotes
K-W
How's this for gaming? Looking for something somewhat future proof for XBX and Scarlett.
Jan 28, 2008
197 posts
134 upvotes
UrbanNomad1 wrote: Just called in & got the offer matched
Which # did you call? and options.

EDIT: Called CS and got the $100 GC from tv purchased last week. They said will receive it in the next 2 weeks.
Options 1, 2
Last edited by Jedric on Nov 28th, 2019 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2003
1071 posts
692 upvotes
Calgary
vitaming wrote: Is this TV better than the similarly proceed Vizio p series? https://www.costco.ca/vizio-quantum-65- ... 94689.html
https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare ... 19/585/847

I was on the fence between the 2.
I'm still fairly noob with the details, but looks like the Sony has much higher peak brightness and is less reflective, but the Vizio has better HDR contrast ratio (better local dimming / darker blacks?).
I picked the Sony because it's going in a room that doesn't have controlled lighting. I expect it'll be much better than the Vizio in that environment, but the Vizio might be better in a pitch black room.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2006
1266 posts
538 upvotes
vitaming wrote: Is this TV better than the similarly proceed Vizio p series? https://www.costco.ca/vizio-quantum-65- ... 94689.html
Same debate last year with 2018 P series vs this X900F.

Made no sense last year to pay almost 50% more for the X900F which performed similarly. However it makes more sense this year to go with the X900F as the price dropped substantially and the gap is much smaller.
Jan 10, 2007
189 posts
16 upvotes
Calgary
Had to pull the trigger on this, been kicking myself for missing it last week.

Great deal IMHO, one of the better reviewed sets on rtings.com, plus 500 off, plus 250 in Costco gift cards, plus unbeatable Costco warranty.

Unless something better comes along tomorrow, i'm keeping this.

Thanks again RFD for helping me spend money!
Feb 5, 2015
29 posts
32 upvotes
GTA
Great deal, I paid $1583.68 all in for a used one and no extra warranty from Best Buy just 3 months ago. Awesome TV, one of the best mid-high range TVs out there. Makes me a little sad I could've got a brand new one with extended warranty for less, but that's how it goes sometimes.
Dec 17, 2017
15 posts
12 upvotes
Love this TV. I believe this matches the previous Costco low, where it was lower price but smaller gift card back.
[OP]
Dec 1, 2005
751 posts
120 upvotes
Calgary
psyh wrote: Sony has nothing to do with this. Forget that was ever mentioned.
Actually Sony has $150 to do with this. As confirmed in another thread, 1 gift card is from Sony (still a costco card), and one is from Costco. That's why they stack:

"This offer cannot be joined to any other Sony promotion or purchase offer..."

The 10% ($150 in this case) is a Sony promo. The $100 is a Costco (not Sony) promo. Think of it as a manufacturer incentive and a dealer incentive... in the end you get Costco cards... one is courtesy of Sony, one courtesy of Costco.

Either way, costco.ca is having serious issues now... well done RFD!
Jun 2, 2007
418 posts
332 upvotes
Markham
j27lee wrote: Actually Sony has $150 to do with this. As confirmed in another thread, 1 gift card is from Sony (still a costco card), and one is from Costco. That's why they stack:

"This offer cannot be joined to any other Sony promotion or purchase offer..."

The 10% ($150 in this case) is a Sony promo. The $100 is a Costco (not Sony) promo. Think of it as a manufacturer incentive and a dealer incentive... in the end you get Costco cards... one is courtesy of Sony, one courtesy of Costco.

Either way, costco.ca is having serious issues now... well done RFD!
You're not wrong, but it's also confusing people. I think in this case, it doesn't really matter that it's from Sony. People just care about the fact that they're getting two Costco shop cards.
Don't forget to like and subscribe! 😎👍
[OP]
Dec 1, 2005
751 posts
120 upvotes
Calgary
psyh wrote: You're not wrong, but it's also confusing people. I think in this case, it doesn't really matter that it's from Sony. People just care about the fact that they're getting two Costco shop cards.
True... this is RFD after all... just extra info as to why this stacks. Hope you got in on one before the site died :)