Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2019

Sony XBR65X900F 65" TV - $1498 (+$250 in gift cards with coupon code)

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 19th, 2019 4:07 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2009
1719 posts
1109 upvotes
Toronto
neonic wrote: Yeah but without that sweet 10%($150) card, I think vizio PX65 is a better buy: https://www.costco.ca/.product.9650165.html
Wow.. So Costco intentionally pulled stock yesterday to avoid giving out more 10% gift cards. That plus their fiasco with their website being unable to check out doesn't leave me with a good impression of their tactics.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 20, 2016
1931 posts
1622 upvotes
Toronto
VertigoM wrote: Wow.. So Costco intentionally pulled stock yesterday to avoid giving out more 10% gift cards. That plus their fiasco with their website being unable to check out doesn't leave me with a good impression of their tactics.
Not trying to defend anyone/anything and stuff, but chances are Sony limited the stock - I'm nearly sure they were the ones backing that 10% (considering it was across retailers)
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
1533 posts
532 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered an X950G last week with the 10% Costco card. Called CS and they also applied the BONUS2019 promo right away! Another $100 card. Big thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2003
1097 posts
718 upvotes
Calgary
VertigoM wrote: Wow.. So Costco intentionally pulled stock yesterday to avoid giving out more 10% gift cards. That plus their fiasco with their website being unable to check out doesn't leave me with a good impression of their tactics.
Someone in the PX65 thread cancelled their 900F order to buy the PX65 instead. They probably weren't the only one with buyer's remorse.
Newbie
User avatar
Nov 21, 2006
70 posts
45 upvotes
I spoke with Costco CS and I was told that even though I placed the order today they will honour both promotions, Sony $150 + Costco +$100 due to the issues related to their website for the past two days. ;-)
Sr. Member
May 30, 2011
576 posts
185 upvotes
Winnipeg
goro wrote: I spoke with Costco CS and I was told that even though I placed the order today they will honour both promotions, Sony $150 + Costco +$100 due to the issues related to their website for the past two days. ;-)
Did you order and then phone in to speak with someone? Or called in and processed the order with them?
Newbie
User avatar
Nov 21, 2006
70 posts
45 upvotes
Ordered online and then called in.
Newbie
Dec 23, 2011
53 posts
14 upvotes
Mississauga
Damn missed it... Hoping it will be back in stock soon!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 8, 2006
3688 posts
190 upvotes
Montreal
X900F Series CPU is slow for Android TV (at least the 55" version, is), so keep in mind you'll need to buy your own Roku/Android TV Apps. Good for enough chromecast though.
Heatware: 2-0-0
eBay: 69-0-0
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
1891 posts
365 upvotes
cloneman wrote: X900F Series CPU is slow for Android TV (at least the 55" version, is), so keep in mind you'll need to buy your own Roku/Android TV Apps. Good for enough chromecast though.
I disagree, is your tv updated? My updated unit runs android perfectly and I'm coming from a nvidia shield.
Member
Sep 16, 2008
322 posts
59 upvotes
I don’t understand people saying that android is slow on this tv I’ve had it since April and mine runs fine? The IR remote is the only thing that makes it slow, it does take half a second to go to the next menu but it’s really not that slow. Coming from a Panasonic plasma though I’ve had some major problems getting used to the motion on this lcd. I find it extremely blurry even with smoothing enabled and I bloody hate the soap opera effect. I have my motion on custom with x motion clarity enabled and cinemotion set to high but twitchy motion I still struggle to get the right settings for my eyes.
Member
Jun 18, 2011
311 posts
207 upvotes
TORONTO
adDiction wrote: I don’t understand people saying that android is slow on this tv I’ve had it since April and mine runs fine? The IR remote is the only thing that makes it slow, it does take half a second to go to the next menu but it’s really not that slow. Coming from a Panasonic plasma though I’ve had some major problems getting used to the motion on this lcd. I find it extremely blurry even with smoothing enabled and I bloody hate the soap opera effect. I have my motion on custom with x motion clarity enabled and cinemotion set to high but twitchy motion I still struggle to get the right settings for my eyes.
Turn off your cinemotion. You’re welcome.
Sr. Member
Oct 5, 2008
567 posts
627 upvotes
GTA
I'm not seeing anything about a 10% Sony promotion. Is it dead?
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1161 posts
472 upvotes
Ottawa
Fatty55 wrote: I'm not seeing anything about a 10% Sony promotion. Is it dead?
Yes, it was on thursday only
Member
User avatar
Jun 2, 2007
430 posts
339 upvotes
Markham
Did anybody get their $150 shop card yet? Just got the $100 one from the promo code.
Don't forget to like and subscribe! 😎👍
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
13664 posts
7359 upvotes
Southern Ontario
psyh wrote: Did anybody get their $150 shop card yet? Just got the $100 one from the promo code.
Got both $190 (65” 950G) and $100 in separate emails. 1-2wk delivery they said.
Newbie
Feb 4, 2011
44 posts
53 upvotes
Ottawa
Received the 100, but currently waiting for my 190. Also got the 65x950g.

Top