Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2019

Sony XBR65X900F 65" TV - $1498 (+$250 in gift cards with coupon code)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 19th, 2019 4:07 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2009
1638 posts
964 upvotes
Toronto
neonic wrote: Yeah but without that sweet 10%($150) card, I think vizio PX65 is a better buy: https://www.costco.ca/.product.9650165.html
Wow.. So Costco intentionally pulled stock yesterday to avoid giving out more 10% gift cards. That plus their fiasco with their website being unable to check out doesn't leave me with a good impression of their tactics.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
1885 posts
1562 upvotes
Toronto
VertigoM wrote: Wow.. So Costco intentionally pulled stock yesterday to avoid giving out more 10% gift cards. That plus their fiasco with their website being unable to check out doesn't leave me with a good impression of their tactics.
Not trying to defend anyone/anything and stuff, but chances are Sony limited the stock - I'm nearly sure they were the ones backing that 10% (considering it was across retailers)
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
1464 posts
480 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered an X950G last week with the 10% Costco card. Called CS and they also applied the BONUS2019 promo right away! Another $100 card. Big thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2003
1071 posts
692 upvotes
Calgary
VertigoM wrote: Wow.. So Costco intentionally pulled stock yesterday to avoid giving out more 10% gift cards. That plus their fiasco with their website being unable to check out doesn't leave me with a good impression of their tactics.
Someone in the PX65 thread cancelled their 900F order to buy the PX65 instead. They probably weren't the only one with buyer's remorse.
Nov 21, 2006
64 posts
44 upvotes
I spoke with Costco CS and I was told that even though I placed the order today they will honour both promotions, Sony $150 + Costco +$100 due to the issues related to their website for the past two days. ;-)
May 30, 2011
540 posts
171 upvotes
Winnipeg
goro wrote: I spoke with Costco CS and I was told that even though I placed the order today they will honour both promotions, Sony $150 + Costco +$100 due to the issues related to their website for the past two days. ;-)
Did you order and then phone in to speak with someone? Or called in and processed the order with them?
Nov 21, 2006
64 posts
44 upvotes
Ordered online and then called in.
Dec 23, 2011
52 posts
14 upvotes
Mississauga
Damn missed it... Hoping it will be back in stock soon!
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2006
3685 posts
183 upvotes
Montreal
X900F Series CPU is slow for Android TV (at least the 55" version, is), so keep in mind you'll need to buy your own Roku/Android TV Apps. Good for enough chromecast though.
Heatware: 2-0-0
eBay: 69-0-0
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
1887 posts
365 upvotes
cloneman wrote: X900F Series CPU is slow for Android TV (at least the 55" version, is), so keep in mind you'll need to buy your own Roku/Android TV Apps. Good for enough chromecast though.
I disagree, is your tv updated? My updated unit runs android perfectly and I'm coming from a nvidia shield.
Sep 16, 2008
312 posts
53 upvotes
I don’t understand people saying that android is slow on this tv I’ve had it since April and mine runs fine? The IR remote is the only thing that makes it slow, it does take half a second to go to the next menu but it’s really not that slow. Coming from a Panasonic plasma though I’ve had some major problems getting used to the motion on this lcd. I find it extremely blurry even with smoothing enabled and I bloody hate the soap opera effect. I have my motion on custom with x motion clarity enabled and cinemotion set to high but twitchy motion I still struggle to get the right settings for my eyes.
Jun 18, 2011
294 posts
193 upvotes
TORONTO
adDiction wrote: I don’t understand people saying that android is slow on this tv I’ve had it since April and mine runs fine? The IR remote is the only thing that makes it slow, it does take half a second to go to the next menu but it’s really not that slow. Coming from a Panasonic plasma though I’ve had some major problems getting used to the motion on this lcd. I find it extremely blurry even with smoothing enabled and I bloody hate the soap opera effect. I have my motion on custom with x motion clarity enabled and cinemotion set to high but twitchy motion I still struggle to get the right settings for my eyes.
Turn off your cinemotion. You’re welcome.