• Last Updated:
  • Jan 27th, 2018 10:44 am
Tags:
None
Dec 12, 2009
811 posts
109 upvotes
Nova Scotia
G77 wrote: Having a real hard time deciding between this and the Vizio M55-E0... Obviously the Sony is better, but is it $500 better? The lack of tuner on the Vizio is irritating as the huge power brick on the Sony. Can't decide which way to go!
I had the same dilemma. I decided on the Vizio. When faced with these kinds of dilemmas, my experience tells me that I'm almost always satisfied with the least expensive option, especially if the warranty is good (I got the Costco warranty).
Apr 26, 2016
199 posts
30 upvotes
Wasn't it cheaper on BF? I could have sworn the 55' 900E was 1198
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2008
3089 posts
376 upvotes
ArsenalFanatic wrote: Wasn't it cheaper on BF? I could have sworn the 55' 900E was 1198
No, this is the same price as BF
Aug 10, 2006
35 posts
20 upvotes
Windsor
I had the 65 inch Sony in my cart on costco's website, got dinking around making coffee and breakfast, came back later and now its OOS... D'oh! :-(
Dec 10, 2017
284 posts
176 upvotes
Toronto
I have an older LG 47LH40 ... looking to upgrade but can't decide what.

Primary usage: Xbox Gaming, Sports TV, and Movies.

Ideal size is 50", cost is a concern, but would like something to have quality that can last 5-10 years depending on technology advancements.

Vizio M55-E01 for $797 at costco (free delivery from online i think at that price) vs the sony 49" X900 for $1197?
Stay Frosty'
Jan 12, 2008
209 posts
71 upvotes
toronto
G77 wrote: Having a real hard time deciding between this and the Vizio M55-E0... Obviously the Sony is better, but is it $500 better? The lack of tuner on the Vizio is irritating as the huge power brick on the Sony. Can't decide which way to go!
I have both the Vizio M65-E0 (4 mths, setup in dark basement) and a 55" Sony X900E (3 days, setup in bright living room). Before I bought and saw the Sony, I was perfectly happy with the Vizio. Watching 4k netflix content on either screen is amazing and you will be happy with both. However, when I viewed 720p and 1080p content on the Sony, I was blown away by the difference in detail and contrast (both TVs have been calibrated for the viewing conditions) compared to the vizio. The upscaling on the Sony is in another league. The vizio relies on casting which is less convenient than integrated android tv on the sony. But even if you purchased a Shield TV and tuner for the vizio, it'd still be cheaper than the Sony by at least $250. Sony's implementation of android TV is not as snappy or powerful as shield tv, but it is more than adequate as a daily driver for consuming youtube, netflix and plex content.

Had I known that the sony was so much better in upscaling and that the prices would drop, I may have just bought the sony right from the start, though the price of the 65" is more than what my wife would let me spend on a TV! You will be happy with either purchase. In my opinion, the price difference is worth it. When it comes to things I use alot, I tend to buy the better product but that comes down to personal preference as some people just go for the cheapest.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2005
2209 posts
121 upvotes
I was about to pull the trigger on a 65x900E it was in my cart and now OOS. Damn hope they restock before the sale ends.

I really don't want to give Best buy my money.
Software Engineer
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2004
4579 posts
999 upvotes
Toronto
I guess bigger the screen size, the better?
Jun 15, 2013
201 posts
53 upvotes
Trying to convince the wife to get the 65.. hopefully it’s back in stock soon
Feel free to add me on Linkedin if you want to CONNECT
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2008
3977 posts
708 upvotes
Windsor
headygouda wrote: I have both the Vizio M65-E0 (4 mths, setup in dark basement) and a 55" Sony X900E (3 days, setup in bright living room). Before I bought and saw the Sony, I was perfectly happy with the Vizio. Watching 4k netflix content on either screen is amazing and you will be happy with both. However, when I viewed 720p and 1080p content on the Sony, I was blown away by the difference in detail and contrast (both TVs have been calibrated for the viewing conditions) compared to the vizio. The upscaling on the Sony is in another league. The vizio relies on casting which is less convenient than integrated android tv on the sony. But even if you purchased a Shield TV and tuner for the vizio, it'd still be cheaper than the Sony by at least $250. Sony's implementation of android TV is not as snappy or powerful as shield tv, but it is more than adequate as a daily driver for consuming youtube, netflix and plex content.

Had I known that the sony was so much better in upscaling and that the prices would drop, I may have just bought the sony right from the start, though the price of the 65" is more than what my wife would let me spend on a TV! You will be happy with either purchase. In my opinion, the price difference is worth it. When it comes to things I use alot, I tend to buy the better product but that comes down to personal preference as some people just go for the cheapest.

This helps, thanks. This is not for my main tv, so I'm thinking that the Vizio will be good enough for casual viewing at this point (mostly Netflix)...
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7870 posts
1799 upvotes
Mont-Royal
is it cheaper in store?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Dec 25, 2017
3 posts
I can get the 82 inch Samsung 8000 series at Visions for the same price as the 75 inch Sony 900 e...both 3500$. I have a large bright room. Any advice?
Dec 18, 2017
13 posts
7 upvotes
Shootler23 wrote: I can get the 82 inch Samsung 8000 series at Visions for the same price as the 75 inch Sony 900 e...both 3500$. I have a large bright room. Any advice?
Had the same issue, but finally went with the Samsung MU8000. I can tell you now, I have no regrets whatsoever.
Jun 29, 2008
382 posts
119 upvotes
hdrnewbie wrote: Had the same issue, but finally went with the Samsung MU8000. I can tell you now, I have no regrets whatsoever.
We picked up the MU8000 as well and very happy with it

DirectBuy members had the 65” for $1600 taxes in and the 75” at $2800 taxes in
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
10104 posts
8075 upvotes
Best Buy has it cheaper than Costco for this model
[OP]
Nov 30, 2012
730 posts
640 upvotes
MONTR
Sanyo wrote: Best Buy has it cheaper than Costco for this model
Add it to cart to see your environmental fees
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
10104 posts
8075 upvotes
kingkam92 wrote: Add it to cart to see your environmental fees
$28 i guess a wash... but at least Best Buy has it in stock lol
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
10104 posts
8075 upvotes
BTW- 850 vs 900 is it worth spending about $500 more for the 900? Im looking at 65 inch...
Jan 4, 2017
54 posts
15 upvotes
Lots of discussion about the vizio M series vs Sony x900e, but from what I can see the Vizio P series is the closer comparison (both in quality and in price, not sure about value for money).

Does anyone know how the P series compares with the Sony for the ~130 price difference?

Thanks!