Boxing Day 2017 Deals

Sony XBR900 Series - On Sale Again

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 27th, 2018 10:44 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3804 posts
2357 upvotes
Vancouver
SpiderPug wrote: Lots of discussion about the vizio M series vs Sony x900e, but from what I can see the Vizio P series is the closer comparison (both in quality and in price, not sure about value for money).

Does anyone know how the P series compares with the Sony for the ~130 price difference?

Thanks!
Picture quality is similar and p also has 4 HDMI 2.0 ports (vs 2 in X900E, 1 in m65). Of course upscale is stil the same as m and no TVs turner. P series also I believe has better blacks and Dolby Vision while X900E will/should get that via firmware upgrade and is very slightly brighter (probably won’t notice).
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 4, 2005
2895 posts
663 upvotes
Toronto
Picked up the 65" x900e on black friday. It's definitely worth spending the extra couple hundred over the x850e.

Couldn't justify the 75" at that pricepoint.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 7, 2001
7192 posts
1027 upvotes
Alberta
Paigne wrote: Picture quality is similar and p also has 4 HDMI 2.0 ports (vs 2 in X900E, 1 in m65). Of course upscale is stil the same as m and no TVs turner. P series also I believe has better blacks and Dolby Vision while X900E will/should get that via firmware upgrade and is very slightly brighter (probably won’t notice).
Only X930e and X940e are getting the DV firmware upgrade.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3804 posts
2357 upvotes
Vancouver
DavidY wrote: Only X930e and X940e are getting the DV firmware upgrade.
Oh, thought x900e was on the list... looked at their website and you are right, just says extreme chip.
Newbie
Jan 4, 2017
54 posts
15 upvotes
[/quote]

Picture quality is similar and p also has 4 HDMI 2.0 ports (vs 2 in X900E, 1 in m65). Of course upscale is stil the same as m and no TVs turner. P series also I believe has better blacks and Dolby Vision while X900E will/should get that via firmware upgrade and is very slightly brighter (probably won’t notice).[/quote]
DavidY wrote: Only X930e and X940e are getting the DV firmware upgrade.
Thanks!
Member
Jun 15, 2013
201 posts
53 upvotes
Anyone know if Costco does rain checks on these TV sales?
Feel free to add me on Linkedin if you want to CONNECT
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 18, 2008
7870 posts
1799 upvotes
Mont-Royal
jreye012 wrote: Anyone know if Costco does rain checks on these TV sales?
did u get an answer for ur q?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 20, 2003
7172 posts
1155 upvotes
London
Cash, credit or debit. GTA only.

LG

LG OLED65B7P $2700
LG OLED55B7P $1700
LG OLED65E7P $3599

Sony
55X900E $1198
65X900E $1698
75X900E $3198
49X900E $1098
75X850E $2198
A1E 65" OLED $3999
Samsung

-UN55MU6300 - $650
- UN55MU6500 - $750
- UN55MU7000 - $850
- UN55MU8000 - $1020
- UN65MU6300 - $1050
- UN65MU6500 - $1150
- UN65MU7000 - $1250
- UN65MU8000 - $1400
-UN75MU8000 - $2300
-UN82MU80000 - $3399
-55Q8C $1999
-65Q8C $2850

-55Q7 $1600
-65Q7 $2200
-75Q7 $3700

Panasonic
TC65EX750 $1650
Member
Jun 15, 2013
201 posts
53 upvotes
I didn't get an answer to my question, no.

Shoot, if I was in GTA then I would buy one of those TV's. Anyone in Alberta (Calgary) that can hook me up on a TV? PM me
Feel free to add me on Linkedin if you want to CONNECT
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 23, 2008
11723 posts
7985 upvotes
Edmonton
jreye012 wrote: I didn't get an answer to my question, no.

Shoot, if I was in GTA then I would buy one of those TV's. Anyone in Alberta (Calgary) that can hook me up on a TV? PM me
Let me know too. :) I'm up in Edmonton. Looking for a last minute deal on a 65", considering the 900e, Samsung MU8000, or a Vizio P65.

C
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2003
1839 posts
158 upvotes
Vancouver
jreye012 wrote: Anyone know if Costco does rain checks on these TV sales?
No, they don't do rainchecks on TV sales.

GYR8
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 20, 2003
7172 posts
1155 upvotes
London
Hibbing wrote: Cash, credit or debit. GTA only.

LG

LG OLED65B7P $2700
LG OLED55B7P $1700
LG OLED65E7P $3599

Sony
55X900E $1198
65X900E $1698
75X900E $3198
49X900E $1098
75X850E $2198
A1E 65" OLED $3999
Samsung

-UN55MU6300 - $650
- UN55MU6500 - $750
- UN55MU7000 - $850
- UN55MU8000 - $1020
- UN65MU6300 - $1050
- UN65MU6500 - $1150
- UN65MU7000 - $1250
- UN65MU8000 - $1400
-UN75MU8000 - $2300
-UN82MU80000 - $3399
-55Q8C $1999
-65Q8C $2850

-55Q7 $1600
-65Q7 $2200
-75Q7 $3700

Panasonic
TC65EX750 $1650
Ends tomorrow January 4th.
Newbie
Jan 5, 2018
4 posts
1 upvote
forumw wrote: 65MU8000 price shows up wrong on costco.ca.
When you add to cart, shows $1697
bought one at that price though

Top