Hot Deals

Costco

Sportrack 2 Bike Platform Rack Clearance $99.97 (reg $199.99)

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 3rd, 2022 10:08 am
[OP]
Jr. Member
Nov 24, 2020
145 posts
1111 upvotes

[Costco] Sportrack 2 Bike Platform Rack Clearance $99.97 (reg $199.99)

The Sportrack 2 Bike Platform Rack with Hitch Lock is on clearance for $99.97. Original is $199.99. Spotted at Costco Markham East 11:30AM. Plenty in stock.

Link to some pictures with bikes on and off.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcS_GbGrEGj/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Images
  • IMG_20220627_093329_776.jpg
175 replies
Sr. Member
Mar 2, 2005
908 posts
372 upvotes
Bought one this morning @ Overlea location
Sr. Member
Dec 2, 2009
547 posts
800 upvotes
Probably the best deal around for these 2 bike platform carriers besides princess auto, but princess auto rarely has stock on them.

Nice deal .
Newbie
Nov 17, 2010
53 posts
30 upvotes
does anyone know if it fits 1 1/4" or 2" receiver or both?
Sr. Member
Dec 2, 2009
547 posts
800 upvotes
LscAndrew wrote: does anyone know if it fits 1 1/4" or 2" receiver or both?
I can't 100% confirm because I haven't seen these at Costco but all the sportrack ones I've seen elsewhere do fit both 1.25 and 2" receivers. They will typically just be 1.25" and come with a 2" adapter.
Newbie
Nov 26, 2018
7 posts
1 upvote
Anyone know if it can fit two XC27/29 Northrock bike? Also if anybody see it in Richmond or Vancouver…Thanks
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 27, 2004
16642 posts
4364 upvotes
i am new for this in the market..so does it fit all vehicles like car or SUV? and is it easy to DIY install?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Sr. Member
Dec 2, 2009
547 posts
800 upvotes
kiasu wrote: i am new for this in the market..so does it fit all vehicles like car or SUV? and is it easy to DIY install?
You need a hitch receiver which you could install yourself (depending on your vehicle), but it's not exactly DIY friendly.

The rack itself is easy to assemble and hook up to your vehicle.

It should fit most SUVs and vehicles as these are universal but there are certain SUVs like older Rav4s or Jeeps that have the spare tire on the back hatch that may interfere with the rack.
Sr. Member
Dec 2, 2009
547 posts
800 upvotes
LxInter wrote: Anyone know if it can fit two XC27/29 Northrock bike? Also if anybody see it in Richmond or Vancouver…Thanks
Yes it will accomodate 2 mountain bikes.
Newbie
Nov 15, 2018
31 posts
31 upvotes
LxInter wrote: Anyone know if it can fit two XC27/29 Northrock bike? Also if anybody see it in Richmond or Vancouver…Thanks
Yes!
Sr. Member
Feb 1, 2010
806 posts
165 upvotes
ej25i wrote: You need a hitch receiver which you could install yourself (depending on your vehicle), but it's not exactly DIY friendly.

The rack itself is easy to assemble and hook up to your vehicle.

It should fit most SUVs and vehicles as these are universal but there are certain SUVs like older Rav4s or Jeeps that have the spare tire on the back hatch that may interfere with the rack.
Are those expensive? Is there anything to be on the lockout for those?
Sr. Member
Aug 18, 2009
626 posts
178 upvotes
LxInter wrote: Anyone know if it can fit two XC27/29 Northrock bike? Also if anybody see it in Richmond or Vancouver…Thanks
That rack can probably accommodate tires up to 2.75" wide if not 3", if anyone needs more than than that (for the Northrock XCF for example), you can get the CCM adapter from CrappyTire for 40$ (maybe less, got it on sale for 25$ around 2 weeks ago): https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/ccm- ... 1189p.html (tested on the SportRack Crest 2 Locking with the Northrock XCF).
Newbie
Nov 15, 2018
31 posts
31 upvotes
ej25i wrote: I can't 100% confirm because I haven't seen these at Costco but all the sportrack ones I've seen elsewhere do fit both 1.25 and 2" receivers. They will typically just be 1.25" and come with a 2" adapter.
It has 1 1/4" as a default hitch size and comes with plastic 2" adapter that you can put on top. I personally would not trust a plastic adapter.
Newbie
Dec 28, 2021
13 posts
7 upvotes
Rocking this rack right now, driving back from Ottawa to Toronto, seems a little shaky, but does the job well
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 19, 2005
3662 posts
1278 upvotes
Ottawa
VolodymyrS43417 wrote: It has 1 1/4" as a default hitch size and comes with plastic 2" adapter that you can put on top. I personally would not trust a plastic adapter.
Thanks for this, a deal breaker knowing it's a plastic adapter. A shame because most people have a 2" adapter
Sr. Member
Sep 26, 2013
517 posts
1014 upvotes
freetrade wrote: Are those expensive? Is there anything to be on the lockout for those?
I'm not a very handy guy so I got mine installed at U-haul. Costs me around $220 for the hitch only (no pin cables) include labor. The hitch costs $150 to buy from U-haul.
so not that expensive. I was quoted $900 from a dealer btw, avoid dealership.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2006
1144 posts
843 upvotes
Edmonton
azraelluz wrote: I'm not a very handy guy so I got mine installed at U-haul. Costs me around $220 for the hitch only (no pin cables) include labor. The hitch costs $150 to buy from U-haul.
so not that expensive. I was quoted $900 from a dealer btw, avoid dealership.
Is a U-haul hitch comparable to other hitches around? Any downside to it vs. another hitch? Seems cheap if the website prices include installation.
Deal Addict
May 10, 2007
1008 posts
157 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Is there an Extension to this? To add another two bikes? I know Thule makes one where you can add an extension.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)