Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Costco Spring Smartphone Savings - Get up to $125 costco card

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 27th, 2015 7:25 pm
[OP]
Jr. Member
Dec 18, 2012
140 posts
71 upvotes
Brampton

[Costco] Costco Spring Smartphone Savings - Get up to $125 costco card

Costco is having below spring promotions.

LG G3 - Fido 2-year - $47.99 + $125 costco cash card & Bonus Charger
Samsung Galaxy S4™ - on a Virgin Mobile 2-year agreement with a Gold plan3 - $19.99 + $125 costco cash card & Bonus Charger
Samsung Galaxy S5™ - with a new Rogers 2-year Share EverythingTM plan4 - $97.99 + $100 costco cash card & Bonus Charger
Samsung GALAXY Note 4 - on a Bell 2-year term with a PLUS plan5 - $297.99 + $100 costco cash card & Bonus Charger
35 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2012
1041 posts
187 upvotes
Can I renew my retention plan from fido and get the G3 + cash card?
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1814 posts
2646 upvotes
VANCOUVER
derrickrose wrote: Can I renew my retention plan from fido and get the G3 + cash card?
+1 I want to know this too. Last time they had a similar promotion, Fido gave current customers $150 credits when renewing. I wonder if they will do the same this time...
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 7, 2008
1175 posts
236 upvotes
End of nowhere
derrickrose wrote: Can I renew my retention plan from fido and get the G3 + cash card?
Maybe just drop off at local Costco to find out...
Jr. Member
Aug 13, 2004
142 posts
137 upvotes
Montreal
Get G3 if you prepare to carry an extra battery with you all the time.
my battery only last 6 hours. (I am a avg user, check my phone once every 10- 15 minutes)
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2010
1960 posts
359 upvotes
Winterpeg
Samsung Galaxy S5™ - with a new Rogers 2-year Share EverythingTM plan4 - $97.99 + $100 costco cash card & Bonus Charger


$97.99 is the outright cost on 2 yr plan?
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
3762 posts
499 upvotes
Vancouver
hkxstyle wrote: Get G3 if you prepare to carry an extra battery with you all the time.
my battery only last 6 hours. (I am a avg user, check my phone once every 10- 15 minutes)
Did you upgrade to lollipop? If so, did you factory reset your phone?
Jr. Member
Aug 13, 2004
142 posts
137 upvotes
Montreal
Na, I am still on kitkat. Its been like this since the day I got my G3 last june.
Battery is really weak.
From 7am wake up to 12am sleep,
I used to burn 2 batteries a day on note 2. But G3, I would burn 3 and a half.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1814 posts
2646 upvotes
VANCOUVER
dragonc wrote: Maybe just drop off at local Costco to find out...
Thanks for the helpful reply :facepalm:

The whole point of having a discussion forum is to DISCUSS deals. Obviously I could go and ask myself but that defeats the purpose of forums. Someone may already have the information and it would help out others to save time.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2006
3714 posts
423 upvotes
Toronto
hkxstyle wrote: Get G3 if you prepare to carry an extra battery with you all the time.
my battery only last 6 hours. (I am a avg user, check my phone once every 10- 15 minutes)
I'm a heavy user on g3 and it last me about 8 hours. I watch a lot of movies, games, and checking messages. If you're desperate for battery life as an average user on KitKat, just root and install greenify.

My friend who's an average user on g3 gets about 1-2 days.
Jr. Member
Aug 13, 2004
142 posts
137 upvotes
Montreal
MoonDoggy wrote: I'm a heavy user on g3 and it last me about 8 hours. I watch a lot of movies, games, and checking messages. If you're desperate for battery life as an average user on KitKat, just root and install greenify.

My friend who's an average user on g3 gets about 1-2 days.
Good idea I will try that tonight. Do you know what is a good root tool I should use? My battery life reach new low today. 3 hours down from 100pc to 10pc.
Jr. Member
Dec 14, 2010
109 posts
177 upvotes
Ottawa
goozy1 wrote: Thanks for the helpful reply :facepalm:

The whole point of having a discussion forum is to DISCUSS deals. Obviously I could go and ask myself but that defeats the purpose of forums. Someone may already have the information and it would help out others to save time.
... or simply READ the information on the site.... "on a new 2-year Fido Tab24 agreement with a Smart plan starting from $49 per month"
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1814 posts
2646 upvotes
VANCOUVER
d_henri wrote: ... or simply READ the information on the site.... "on a new 2-year Fido Tab24 agreement with a Smart plan starting from $49 per month"
if you had read MY post you would know that last time costco offered this deal, Fido was giving existing customers $150-$200 credit in lieu of costco gift cards for upgrading. See this thread:

costco-lg-g3-fido-2-yr-plan-47-99-100-c ... st21914647
Member
Jun 20, 2008
337 posts
479 upvotes
Winnipeg
goozy1 wrote: Thanks for the helpful reply :facepalm:

The whole point of having a discussion forum is to DISCUSS deals. Obviously I could go and ask myself but that defeats the purpose of forums. Someone may already have the information and it would help out others to save time.
Costco deals are region specific though so every Province will get a different incentive. When I was upgrading in March the easiest thing was to call them directly and see what they were offering for specific phones on specific types of plans for renewal. They were very helpful.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
7569 posts
3828 upvotes
goozy1 wrote: if you had read MY post you would know that last time costco offered this deal, Fido was giving existing customers $150-$200 credit in lieu of costco gift cards for upgrading. See this thread:

costco-lg-g3-fido-2-yr-plan-47-99-100-c ... st21914647
I'm pretty sure the person meant Costco gave them $150 account credit. Costco, not Fido, gave me $150 account credit instead of gift card bonus, for renewing (new activation got gift card bonus). I received my $150 Fido account credit (from Costco) about 2-3 months later
Sr. Member
Oct 30, 2006
682 posts
76 upvotes
Halifax
derrickrose wrote: Can I renew my retention plan from fido and get the G3 + cash card?
goozy1 wrote: +1 I want to know this too. Last time they had a similar promotion, Fido gave current customers $150 credits when renewing. I wonder if they will do the same this time...
I am in the same boat. I didn't buy a few months ago because contract was still a few months away and figured the deals would come back. Unfortunately the hardware upgrade credit is not available for Fido, or at least with the g3. I call in to verify every week or so because the credit is different than the cash cards. 2 weeks ago they were giving a 75 upgrade credit, now its 0. Same with wireless wave. No credit. At least not in Nova scotia.

I wish I would have bought in February and just paid out my contract. It looks like I would have been better off since the credit hasn't been back and perhaps never will be on this phone. And it does not seem the g4 will be coming to fido anytime soon
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1814 posts
2646 upvotes
VANCOUVER
stevstevd wrote: I am in the same boat. I didn't buy a few months ago because contract was still a few months away and figured the deals would come back. Unfortunately the hardware upgrade credit is not available for Fido, or at least with the g3. I call in to verify every week or so because the credit is different than the cash cards. 2 weeks ago they were giving a 75 upgrade credit, now its 0. Same with wireless wave. No credit. At least not in Nova scotia.

I wish I would have bought in February and just paid out my contract. It looks like I would have been better off since the credit hasn't been back and perhaps never will be on this phone. And it does not seem the g4 will be coming to fido anytime soon
I just stopped by a costco on my lunch hour. They told me there is no HUP credit available right now but to check back soon. Apparently Fido gives these credits to loosely match the gift card promos but there hasn't been any new promotion for May.
Member
Oct 19, 2009
222 posts
38 upvotes
My family just signed up with fido a week ago and only received $75 dollar cards, any chance to go back and get the extra?
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2005
1690 posts
53 upvotes
Mississauga
Does "LG G3 - Fido 2 yr" means any Fido plans, no need to sign up data plan?

Edit: never mind, has to be Smart plan minimum $49

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)