Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Costco Stainless Tool Chest $399 (Brampton)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 23rd, 2010 3:46 pm
[OP]
Feb 1, 2010
107 posts
29 upvotes
Mississauga/Brampton

[Costco] Costco Stainless Tool Chest $399 (Brampton)

Noticed that Costco in Brampton had the below tool chest down to $399.

Drawers seemed decent in terms of sturdiness, but overall value is great IMO.

Only had a couple left, so good luck! Not sure if this is national or not, but if you have another Costco in your area perhaps you can price match.

Good luck!

[IMG]https://sites.google.com/a/infolab.ca/i ... st.jpg.jpg[/IMG]
10 replies
Aug 25, 2004
93 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
I called Brampton - seems they are OoS :cry:
[OP]
Feb 1, 2010
107 posts
29 upvotes
Mississauga/Brampton
Lumber-jack wrote: Thank you so much for posting this!!!
No problem - all the best in your search.

Wow these went fast, they were there yesterday!

Mods - please lock/move. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2005
1229 posts
141 upvotes
Brantford
So I just called around to a few locations and it seems that there are a few in stock at different locations. They all told me that the price is on clearance @ $499.97. When I mentioned the $399.98 price they suggested that it must be a display model only price as it's not showing up in their system at that price. Not sure if I'd want the display anyways, but for an extra $100. savings -- maybe.

With that said I'd like to think this is a great deal if in fact as that website link suggests, this unit sells for about $1500.00 USD normally. Some here have mentioned it feels cheap however, which worries me. Unfortunately going to have to take a 1.5hr drive to the closest location, each way, to see for myself.

Anyone pick one up today can comment on it's durability and overall quality? I want to make sure it is easily capable of taking some weight of heavy tools in these drawers.

Thanks!
Sep 12, 2006
366 posts
12 upvotes
Arviat
scotty01 wrote: Anyone pick one up today can comment on it's durability and overall quality?
Thanks!
I briefly looked at it today. The first drawer I tried was in bad shape. Based on that, I moved on. Price was $500 on clearance - can't believe anyone would buy it for $1500 ...
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2001
3615 posts
92 upvotes
noncanonical wrote: I briefly looked at it today. The first drawer I tried was in bad shape. Based on that, I moved on. Price was $500 on clearance - can't believe anyone would buy it for $1500 ...
The other thread on these suggested they sold for $599 regularly, but to buy from the manufacturer was about 1500 beans.
What the H E double hockey sticks have I done now?
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2009
3525 posts
2103 upvotes
Ontario
noncanonical wrote: I briefly looked at it today. The first drawer I tried was in bad shape. Based on that, I moved on. Price was $500 on clearance - can't believe anyone would buy it for $1500 ...
Unless you are a mechanic (not a mobile one though) you are better off having more smaller boxes so you can take the box you need for the task in hand e.g painting stuff, spanners and wrenches, mudding items etc.
Oct 26, 2009
151 posts
7 upvotes
scotty01 wrote:
Anyone pick one up today can comment on it's durability and overall quality? I want to make sure it is easily capable of taking some weight of heavy tools in these drawers.

Thanks!
I bought 2 of these last year or so. Does the job but a few of the drawers don't seem to click shut when I close it anymore. Still open and close though.
Mr.Sea wrote: no wheels?
Comes with 2 wheels that don't swivel and 2 that do.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2010
1870 posts
315 upvotes
Ottawa
The manager said the same thing to me here but the person in Brampton said that there was 4 left... Apparently each store manager has the authority to price them at their discretion so the price could be different at two stores locally.
scotty01 wrote: So I just called around to a few locations and it seems that there are a few in stock at different locations. They all told me that the price is on clearance @ $499.97. When I mentioned the $399.98 price they suggested that it must be a display model only price as it's not showing up in their system at that price. Not sure if I'd want the display anyways, but for an extra $100. savings -- maybe.

With that said I'd like to think this is a great deal if in fact as that website link suggests, this unit sells for about $1500.00 USD normally. Some here have mentioned it feels cheap however, which worries me. Unfortunately going to have to take a 1.5hr drive to the closest location, each way, to see for myself.

Thanks!