Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Star Elite Personal Adjustable Height Table 30" - $19.99 in warehouse (good deal), $49.99 for 2 online

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2021 3:37 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2009
4245 posts
9595 upvotes

[Costco] Star Elite Personal Adjustable Height Table 30" - $19.99 in warehouse (good deal), $49.99 for 2 online

Costco currently has back in warehouse stock and for sale the excellent Star Elite Personal Table (Item #: 196196) that is height adjustable with a width of 30", a depth of 20" and comes in gunmetal grey for a very good price of $19.99 (was $24.99 last year). These are also available for sale online in a 2-pack at Costco.ca for $49.99 ($10 savings, regularly $59.99) but that price per table is $5 more than the ones I saw on the floor at Costco yesterday for $19.99 each:

https://www.costco.ca/star-elite-adjust ... 74908.html

This table can adjust to various heights including: 13.5in, 18in, 21.4in, 24in, 26in and 28in. It is light but sturdy and has a top that is made from solidly thick, weatherproof and easy to clean hard plastic of blow-mold high-density polyethylene (HDPE). It has removable, ironing board style adjustable height metal legs with end caps that click into each position and hold very well. It doesn't block your feet when placed horizontally as the gap is width wise instead of depth wise as most folding tables. All in all this is perfect for many uses both indoor and outdoor. We bought two last year for in house and deck use and a few more to extend our RV's outdoor kitchen setup and for around our campfire. These can be used as a craft table, card table, sewing table, workbench, etc. We even used one of these as the base for a Logitech G29 PC steering wheel setup in our entertainment space for a bit and it worked pretty well at the perfect height and allowed full pedal usage.

Last year's thread:
forums.redflagdeals.com/costco-star-elite-personal-adjustable-height-table-30-24-99-very-good-deal-2389795/

These are almost identical to the highly rated "Lifetime Personal Table with 30 by 20-Inch Molded Top, Almond" from Amazon.ca that sells for between $65 and $130:
https://www.amazon.ca/Lifetime-Personal ... B0006D50RE

Click to view a few more photos including its various heights, etc.
Images
  • 01.jpg
  • 02.jpg
  • 03.jpg
  • 04.jpg
  • 05.jpg
  • 06.jpg
  • 07.jpg
  • 08.jpg
  • 09.jpg
Last edited by Elrondolio on Aug 14th, 2021 2:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.
21 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
14541 posts
31238 upvotes
Don’t know why the thumbs down , great lil tables , I have 2 and use them a lot
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2009
4245 posts
9595 upvotes
stephroll wrote: Don’t know why the thumbs down , great lil tables , I have 2 and use them a lot
Everything gets a few thumbs down on RFD, to be expected unfortunately. I agree, these are great, inexpensive little tables with a wide variety of uses. They hold up extremely well indoors and outdoors.
Sep 25, 2009
999 posts
838 upvotes
does anyone use it to mount video game steering wheel?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2009
4245 posts
9595 upvotes
strikeraj wrote: does anyone use it to mount video game steering wheel?
Yes.. as I posted in the OP, we did exactly that for a few months with our previous Logitech G29 setup. It worked surprisingly well at just the right height and, because of the way the legs attach and fold, allowed full access to the pedals on the floor. Knee room was a bit cramped, but overall it was pretty good. We now have a better dedicated steering wheel setup with our G923 (we use the GT Omega Apex like this one), but the Star Elite definitely works.

Works better than Stig's setup from this reddit thread, but you probably won't look as cool ;):
Aug 25, 2019
894 posts
909 upvotes
Great Post Elrondolio!

What's with the Leroys downvoting?
"You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment." — Henry David Thoreau
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7175 posts
9149 upvotes
The NORTH
stephroll wrote: Don’t know why the thumbs down , great lil tables , I have 2 and use them a lot
SCOPster wrote: Great Post Elrondolio!

What's with the Leroys downvoting?
Click on the question mark beside the total score and you can see the breakdown. Looks like the downvotes are because some feel its not a good price? Weird, seems like a great deal to me...
Nov 21, 2016
300 posts
458 upvotes
abbotsford
Elrondolio wrote: Costco currently has back in warehouse stock and for sale the excellent Star Elite Personal Table (Item #: 196196) that is height adjustable with a width of 30", a depth of 20" and comes in gunmetal grey for a very good price of $19.99.
Can any of you comment on how sturdy they are for my application? Let’s say I need it as a desk for something heavy approximately 70lb/30kg. What do you reckon would happen?
Jun 3, 2018
93 posts
118 upvotes
Won't the design of the base block your legs/knees?
Nov 7, 2006
546 posts
682 upvotes
Toronto
carsbli wrote: Won't the design of the base block your legs/knees?
I don't have one (yet) but presumably the offset (to one side) design of the scissor stand is to give you more leg space. Of course if you have long legs, it may still not be enough.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2009
4245 posts
9595 upvotes
gyggyg wrote: Can any of you comment on how sturdy they are for my application? Let’s say I need it as a desk for something heavy approximately 70lb/30kg. What do you reckon would happen?
It's pretty thick, somewhat heavy and has wide, stable and offset feet so it's pretty sturdy. We've used them in multiple ways, from holding a relatively heavy portable propane BBQ, as a school desk when we're on the road, as a sawhorse in a pinch, as card tables on game nights, as eating and drinking tables in the RV and around the fire, etc. They don't tip very easily at all on the lower settings but do become slightly wobbly on the highest settings but only a bit. Overall I don't think they'd have any issue with 70ish lbs unless on the highest setting maybe. Good luck!
Last edited by Elrondolio on Aug 14th, 2021 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2009
4245 posts
9595 upvotes
carsbli wrote: Won't the design of the base block your legs/knees?
jin628 wrote: I don't have one (yet) but presumably the offset (to one side) design of the scissor stand is to give you more leg space. Of course if you have long legs, it may still not be enough.
One of the things I like about this one is the feet/legs are offset on the sides, so shorter on one side and longer on the other. This allows you to push the table back a bit further than you normally might think and gives your legs a bit more room. As @jin628 said, having the scissor be in the middle allows your legs to slightly part around the bars to an extent and your feet to rest on the floor. That's not to say I'd use this as a permanent daily desk or anything, but for occasional use in desk like situations where your legs are under the table it works alright.
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
14541 posts
31238 upvotes
kr0zet wrote: Click on the question mark beside the total score and you can see the breakdown. Looks like the downvotes are because some feel its not a good price? Weird, seems like a great deal to me...
Naw it's the same bunch that thought they were getting $6 pillows and free pillow cases
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7175 posts
9149 upvotes
The NORTH
stephroll wrote: Naw it's the same bunch that thought they were getting $6 pillows and free pillow cases
Musta missed that deal. :)
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
17944 posts
12629 upvotes
Markham
Might get one or two as a utility table as they're a lot lighter to lug than the big 6 footers I have.

Just in case it's not at all stores, what store did you see these at for this price? If other's see them, please also advise. Thx.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2009
4245 posts
9595 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote: Might get one or two as a utility table as they're a lot lighter to lug than the big 6 footers I have.

Just in case it's not at all stores, what store did you see these at for this price? If other's see them, please also advise. Thx.
Picked up 2 at the Burnaby (Willingdon), BC store. I didn't think to get a store photo at the time, but here's one from Cocowest.ca:

Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
6924 posts
4655 upvotes
SW ON
OMG, OP, you should work in sales. I want to buy them. I trying to figure out how I would use them and it's the harder part.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2002
6039 posts
558 upvotes
Vancouver
The one I have from Costco is sorta breaking. The top is plastic and the legs/frame is metal. The frame is screwed into the plastic and over time the plastic loosens the screws. Attempts to screw them tighter leads to the screw just turning and turning and turning and turning. It won’t tighten cause it’s being screwed into plastic.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
17944 posts
12629 upvotes
Markham
alpovs wrote: OMG, OP, you should work in sales. I want to buy them. I trying to figure out how I would use them and it's the harder part.
Lots of uses it you have it. Backyard BBQ, dinners etc to hold ice,drinks,food for example.

You can't really go wrong IMO. Probably easy sell on Kijiji anytime at this price
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
6924 posts
4655 upvotes
SW ON
Does this table really weigh 11kg? Seems kind of heavy.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)