Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

(Steaming Hot) Instant Pot [PRO Version] 6 Quart 10 in 1 Electric Multi-cooker - $99.99 (In-Store) $109.99 (Online)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2022 5:22 pm
[OP]
Oct 9, 2019
71 posts
770 upvotes
Kitchener, ON

[Costco] (Steaming Hot) Instant Pot [PRO Version] 6 Quart 10 in 1 Electric Multi-cooker - $99.99 (In-Store) $109.99 (Online)

I believe it's the same model as this one on Amazon which ATL was $145.83 back in 2021

This is the PRO VERSION

Main Feature differences compared to the DUO version:
- Handles for the actual pot Instant Pot
- This pot can actually be used on the stove compared to the non pro pots without the handles
- Gentle Steam release
- A defused steam release feature and quick cool lid
- 5 Custom Programs not just presets
- Sous vide

Article that describes differences between the DUO version and PRO version

Sorry for the bad photo originally only sent it to my gf to see if she wanted didn't realize it was such a good deal.
The store I saw it at was the Waterloo, ON store. They had quite a few.

Edit: I've also included a photo of the price history for Amazon for reference

Edit 2: Changed title from Lava Hot to Steaming Hot
dracolnyte wrote: missed opportunity to label this as Steaming Hot
Lol that's good.
Images
  • photo_2022-12-01_12-11-23.jpg
  • imageService.jpg
  • Screenshot 2022-12-01 145610.png
  • imageService (1).jpg
Last edited by Dealbyte on Dec 14th, 2022 6:15 pm, edited 13 times in total.
122 replies
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
18600 posts
13420 upvotes
Markham
IMO it is not a huge upgrade. If the amount of pressure is the same, there's no real difference. They're both 1200 watts.

The new one has a bunch of new presets which don't do anything...fyi most ppl don't use the presets. They set Manual pressure and time and that's it.

This says Sous Video but that's not entirely good as there's no circulator so the water will be hotter on the bottom where the heat element is.

The Pro Plus model is 1500 watts so that's faster but not worth paying double or triple for extra speed eg. 15 min to pressure instead of 18min for example.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
14714 posts
32389 upvotes
Anyone else’s instant pot gathering dust in a cupboard ? Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
2712 posts
727 upvotes
Woodstock, ON
go figure. my friend was at that store yesterday with my CC, grabbed me a few things and they weren't on sale. so stupid living 40min away. :P no $199 hotshot stove. no $349 apple watch series 7 in white. no $99 instant pot pro. hahaha poop

upvote anyhooo
Last edited by crashxxx on Dec 1st, 2022 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saving money on things I don't need since 2009. thanks RFD

Woodstock, ON
Nov 22, 2019
845 posts
631 upvotes
Can someone convince me to buy this please?
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2022
1154 posts
1878 upvotes
stephroll wrote: Anyone else’s instant pot gathering dust in a cupboard ? Face With Tears Of Joy
I use mine on average 1-2 times a day.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
18600 posts
13420 upvotes
Markham
stephroll wrote: Anyone else’s instant pot gathering dust in a cupboard ? Face With Tears Of Joy
I use mine at least once a week to several times a week especially now that we're into cold weather. Depends on what you cook and how often you cook.

Anything with bones...will frequently find it's way into a stock. Eg roast chicken becomes chicken stock, Leg of lamb bone becomes lamb stock for noodles with leftover lamb meat, Prime rib bones becomes beef broth for beef barley soup etc.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2010
2780 posts
6534 upvotes
Ontario
This is me. I bought one whenever the firs big hype was, and never used it...

The one useful thing it's done is guide me on all potential future kitchen appliance sales. And force me to REALLY think about whether I'm actually going to use it... 🤣
Feb 4, 2007
738 posts
685 upvotes
Got mine for a bit more than this, love the handles on the bowl - big help to lift the thing out! These days i've mainly been using it to make grains, sear off some foods in the bottom of the bowl on bake mode (I don't have a stainless steel pan), and make soups with. I don't have a rice cooker, so this thing is used a lot for rice and quinoa duties!
Nov 15, 2020
196 posts
236 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote: IMO it is not a huge upgrade. If the amount of pressure is the same, there's no real difference. They're both 1200 watts.

The new one has a bunch of new presets which don't do anything...fyi most ppl don't use the presets. They set Manual pressure and time and that's it.

This says Sous Video but that's not entirely good as there's no circulator so the water will be hotter on the bottom where the heat element is.

The Pro Plus model is 1500 watts so that's faster but not worth paying double or triple for extra speed eg. 15 min to pressure instead of 18min for example.
Sous Vide works great. I made steaks, chicken breasts etc. and they all turned out to be delicious. I don't think you need to invest in a seperate Sous Vide tool with container if you have this Intant Pot.
Jul 30, 2010
463 posts
203 upvotes
Woodbridge
how is this compared to the Duo Plus 9-in-1? Other than the Rivet
Nov 15, 2020
196 posts
236 upvotes
podric wrote: I use mine on average 1-2 times a day.
Yeah me too, I cook everything in this. Rice, stew, sous vide steak, chicken and all. No need to deal with stove and wait for it to finish. It keeps warm as well which is so nice. My advice would be don't buy if you are not into cooking and will blame the pot for that I guess.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2012
1455 posts
783 upvotes
TORONTO
Our instant pot serves as our air fryer. If we didn't have it then this thing would be sitting in the cupboard or basement waiting to be used for Oxtail or some kind of meat we would need to pressure cook.
Jun 29, 2005
256 posts
89 upvotes
Edmonton
podric wrote: I use mine on average 1-2 times a day.
Same! Pressure cooked ribs are a game changer (not that I'm eating those every week). Especially in the summer months when you don't need to run your oven and heat up your house.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)