• Dec 11th, 2014 11:29 am
Tags:
[OP]
Feb 3, 2010
120 posts
16 upvotes
Calgary

Costco to Stop Selling PAR30 LED Bulbs

I went to my local Costco to pick up 12 PAR30 LED bulbs for my new home but they had just run out of stock and the associate didn't know if they'd be replacing the product with a new one or discontinuing them completely. I decided to email Costco, this is their reply:
---
Thank you for your recent inquiry through Costco.ca.

This product has been removed from our inventory and there are no plans for its return to our floors.

If you have any further inquiries, please reply to this e-mail or call our member service agents at 1-800-463-3783, Monday to Friday, between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. EST. They will be happy to assist you.
---
As Costco had great prices on LEDs, I'm sad to hear this news. I thought LEDs were on their way up, not on their way out. Short of Home Depot, I don't know where else to buy LEDs, let alone ones that are not $30 per bulb.

Let's hope Costco decides to one day bring back LED bulbs to their warehouses.
1 reply
Feb 24, 2008
283 posts
29 upvotes
Winnipeg
Corrode wrote: I went to my local Costco to pick up 12 PAR30 LED bulbs for my new home but they had just run out of stock and the associate didn't know if they'd be replacing the product with a new one or discontinuing them completely. I decided to email Costco, this is their reply:
---
Thank you for your recent inquiry through Costco.ca.

This product has been removed from our inventory and there are no plans for its return to our floors.

If you have any further inquiries, please reply to this e-mail or call our member service agents at 1-800-463-3783, Monday to Friday, between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. EST. They will be happy to assist you.
---
As Costco had great prices on LEDs, I'm sad to hear this news. I thought LEDs were on their way up, not on their way out. Short of Home Depot, I don't know where else to buy LEDs, let alone ones that are not $30 per bulb.

Let's hope Costco decides to one day bring back LED bulbs to their warehouses.
Still available online...

http://www.costco.ca/CatalogSearch?stor ... ord=PAR+30

My local warehouse has lots of different LEDs but currently not PAR 30s.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)