[Costco] In-store - Vitamix 48oz wet container $119.99

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2017 5:04 pm
[OP]
Aug 10, 2010
399 posts
216 upvotes

[Costco] In-store - Vitamix 48oz wet container $119.99

This deal isn't for everyone, my local costco (north york) currently has a vitamix booth selling the blender as well as the smaller containers (48oz wet, 32oz dry). I currently own a vitamix, but a tall container came with it and I've been looking for a sale on the smaller containers.

Both the 48oz wet and 32oz dry containers are selling for $119.99 at costco in-store. These typically retail for around 179.99. Online still shows 174.99 as I believe this price is only in-store as well, I believe the on-line description is incorrect, as the 32oz is for dry ingredients, and the 48oz for wet ingredients.
11 replies
Jun 5, 2008
633 posts
376 upvotes
Montreal, QC
This came with my blender. I think I would rather have the tall one as this is really wide and its not great for small batches.
Jan 13, 2004
128 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
I spoke to a Vitamix rep who explained to me that the blades in the shorter containers are actually a bit larger than the blades in the taller "original" containers. This was a necessary design change to handle blending of stuff in the wider, shorter container. Obviously this makes the blades heavier and accordingly the motors in the models designed for the shorter containers are actually a but stronger than the models that were designed for the taller containers.

If my memory is correct its 2hp vs 2.2hp, but I'm not sure of the exact difference in hp.

Just something to consider if using a short container on a base motor that it isn't designed for.
[OP]
Aug 10, 2010
399 posts
216 upvotes
You're correct, the newer models come with a wide short container that's slightly bigger than 48oz and are 2.2hp.

The older models that come with the tall container are 2hp and is not compatible with the new container that's sold with the new models . The 48oz wet and 32oz dry container that Costco is selling is designed for the older models, as an alternate to the tall container.

I actually find the shorter container to be much better for making small batches, as the tall one is too deep to scoop small portions out.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2316 posts
627 upvotes
Nunavut
Since you guys are talking about the hp of the motors with the shorter containers

The issue is with the 96oz (8cup) container not the 48oz (4 cup) container.. it's not just slightly bigger, it's double the capacity

The rep I talked to confirmed that since I got a slightly older model with tall container (96oz) then I will be fine with the short 48oz jar, but do not use the short and even wider 96oz jar
Jan 13, 2004
128 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
t-dot. wrote:
Feb 28th, 2017 9:49 pm
You're correct, the newer models come with a wide short container that's slightly bigger than 48oz and are 2.2hp.

The older models that come with the tall container are 2hp and is not compatible with the new container that's sold with the new models . The 48oz wet and 32oz dry container that Costco is selling is designed for the older models, as an alternate to the tall container.

I actually find the shorter container to be much better for making small batches, as the tall one is too deep to scoop small portions out.
t-dot,

I wasn't aware that vitamix made a 48oz wet short container specifically designed for use with the "older" 2hp models. I certainly can see your point about smaller batches being easier to scoop out of the shorter container. I use one of those viatmix skinny spatulas and even with that, its a bit of a pain to get to the bottom of the taller container. I will have to take a look when the road show hits my local Costco. Thanks for the information.

spidermanphil
Oct 16, 2010
190 posts
98 upvotes
t-dot. wrote:
Feb 28th, 2017 9:49 pm

These containers will fit on the new model. Old will fit new, new will not fit old
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
8002 posts
494 upvotes
Toronto
Vitamix went with shorter containers as the tall ones do not fit between "traditional sized" counter tops to the bottom of kitchen cupboards.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
8002 posts
494 upvotes
Toronto
Vitamix went with shorter containers as the tall ones do not fit between "traditional sized" counter tops to the bottom of kitchen cupboards.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
8002 posts
494 upvotes
Toronto
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
8002 posts
494 upvotes
Toronto
t-dot. wrote:
Feb 28th, 2017 8:40 pm
This deal isn't for everyone, my local costco (north york) currently has a vitamix booth selling the blender as well as the smaller containers (48oz wet, 32oz dry). I currently own a vitamix, but a tall container came with it and I've been looking for a sale on the smaller containers.

Both the 48oz wet and 32oz dry containers are selling for $119.99 at costco in-store. These typically retail for around 179.99. Online still shows 174.99 as I believe this price is only in-store as well, I believe the on-line description is incorrect, as the 32oz is for dry ingredients, and the 48oz for wet ingredients.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
2147 posts
483 upvotes
I was told Warranty will be void if u use short wide container on older machines with 2 hp motor...

I received my series 6300 couple of months back thru (red thread got my attention)vitamix.ca .. refurbished
‎3 Apples that changed the world: the one that Eve ate, the one that fell on Newton's head and the one that Steve Jobs built.
R.I.P Steve jobs...!!