Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Suncast 27" Snow Pusher / Shovel $9.97 (Markham East)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 6th, 2015 7:42 pm
May 5, 2007
103 posts
93 upvotes
Mississauga

[Costco] Suncast 27" Snow Pusher / Shovel $9.97 (Markham East)

Found this Suncast 27" Snow Pusher at Costco Markham East yesterday.
Regular price is $17.99. Now $9.97
It is good time to pick 1 up and get ready for the snow.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/YKQkP4z.jpg[/IMG]
52 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2002
2461 posts
949 upvotes
Halton
Good price.... Time to get one.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
9113 posts
2403 upvotes
That is clearance price, better grab them while you can.

I picked this one up over a year ago for full price of $17, top-notch and smokes any other pusher/shovel in this price-range. It's got a metal core, not plastic so should hold up quite well.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12734 posts
6256 upvotes
Winkle wrote: That is clearance price, better grab them while you can.

I picked this one up over a year ago for full price of $17, top-notch and smokes any other pusher/shovel in this price-range. It's got a metal core, not plastic so should hold up quite well.
Metal Core one can be fairly loud and can get stuck on every little ice bit as it tries to remove it. For those reasons I try to avoid using the Costco one which I do have. Just my experience.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
9113 posts
2403 upvotes
bobcat99 wrote: Metal Core one can be fairly loud and can get stuck on every little ice bit as it tries to remove it. For those reasons I try to avoid using the Costco one which I do have. Just my experience.
You're talking about the metal wear strip that's on the front edge of the shovel.

The core is the connection between the handle and the shovel, where all the forces/stresses applied on the entire shovel is generally concentrated. Most shovels have a plastic connection which tends to break quite easily (I've broken quite a few). A metal connection is substantially more durable.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12833 posts
6665 upvotes
I also got one of these last year and it was worth full price.
Will see if i can find tmw when i go as i could have one left in the front of house.
Sep 27, 2009
279 posts
265 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone seen this at Yorktech (Woodbine & Hwy 7)?
Banned
Oct 19, 2010
7433 posts
1142 upvotes
Mississauga East
Also at Queensway location in Etobicoke
maybe 2 dozen
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1665 upvotes
Seen about 10 left in Barrie as of this afternoon.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Jan 5, 2015
222 posts
319 upvotes
Outremont, QC
The metal strip at the edge of the shovel wears down at an angle and eventually becomes a super sharp knife. A kid will hurt them selves and it will cut you if you grab it. Will also slice through gloves and pants.
It also rusts so if you leave the shovel outside and it rains and snows expect to see a nice line of rust on your concrete/uni stone where it was resting.
Good shovel none the less.
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12734 posts
6256 upvotes
Winkle wrote: You're talking about the metal wear strip that's on the front edge of the shovel.

The core is the connection between the handle and the shovel, where all the forces/stresses applied on the entire shovel is generally concentrated. Most shovels have a plastic connection which tends to break quite easily (I've broken quite a few). A metal connection is substantially more durable.
Thanks for the clarification, now I know more about shovels, basic stuff I should have known:-)
Jun 12, 2012
195 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
Even though it is a solid piece but it is not a good product .. too heavy gets stuck and you get exhausted in in 10 mins..
Deal Addict
May 13, 2011
1408 posts
830 upvotes
Ajax
Winkle wrote: That is clearance price, better grab them while you can.

Agreed...had for 2 years and worth every penny
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
9451 posts
11812 upvotes
Calgary
Bought one last year, that steel edge almost broke my wrists on my sidewalk cracks.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
None in qc
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
2358 posts
618 upvotes
Lindsay, ON
Firozfazeel wrote: Even though it is a solid piece but it is not a good product .. too heavy gets stuck and you get exhausted in in 10 mins..
Sounds like you need a snowblower..or get your boyfriend to shovel.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2011
3740 posts
3963 upvotes
Toronto
cferguson23 wrote: Sounds like you need a snowblower..or get your boyfriend to shovel.
She could be bi?
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2005
1293 posts
915 upvotes
Confirmed in London Wellington location
RFD has saved & made me $$$
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
Have one of these from a couple of years ago, the only weak point is the part where the handle goes into the shovel head... mine cracked at that triangular point, right at the back of the blade... the handle itself is super tough and light, thanks to that metal core.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.