Hot Deals

Costco

Sunscreen - Aveeno Protect + Hydrate SPF 30, 3-pack - $14.97

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2021 1:37 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 10, 2004
1845 posts
3861 upvotes
Vancouver

[Costco] Sunscreen - Aveeno Protect + Hydrate SPF 30, 3-pack - $14.97

This is my favourite sunscreen because I like the subtle scent and it's not oily; it's more matte. I usually like to stock up at the end of summer, but my local Costco's don't have any. It might be cheaper in store if your Costco has stock (?).

Note that this is only SPF 30. Also note that sunscreen expires so (1) hopefully it won't be old stock and (2) don't hoard too much.

Btw, this "Coppertone Sport SPF 30 Trio Pack, 3 x 222 mL" is also on clearance for $14.97: https://www.costco.ca/coppertone-sport- ... 22908.html
I don't like the smell or oiliness of these aerosol sprays, but they're convenient.
21 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2009
1170 posts
313 upvotes
Burlington
I've used sunscreen that "expired" more than 2 years ago and it still protected me from sunburn just fine.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 22, 2008
4425 posts
3076 upvotes
I think I've purchased both of these in the warehouse previously but can't remember what the price was. Anyone know?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 15, 2020
1722 posts
1216 upvotes
nope. Dont go using expired sunscreen. This isnt a case of best before like for foods. You might not even know there is a problem until the skin shows signs of a problem.
Member
Sep 3, 2020
212 posts
170 upvotes
I think that what is really criminal is that there are sunscreens with Oxybenzone still on the market.

Nice find, OP. Thanks.
Last edited by berrytree on Sep 13th, 2021 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
17013 posts
7349 upvotes
SizzleChest wrote: I think I've purchased both of these in the warehouse previously but can't remember what the price was. Anyone know?
$19.99 regular price
Newbie
Dec 27, 2011
94 posts
63 upvotes
It was $9.97 in Regina warehouse when I saw this last week.
Jr. Member
Apr 28, 2010
141 posts
197 upvotes
richmond hill
I need this…pure white guy…do any locations in the Richmond hill/GTA area have this?
Jr. Member
Apr 28, 2010
141 posts
197 upvotes
richmond hill
Phantasm wrote: I've used sunscreen that "expired" more than 2 years ago and it still protected me from sunburn just fine.
I’ve taken Tylenol that was expired and I was stronger than ever
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2011
2658 posts
1842 upvotes
Toronto
TrevorK wrote: $19.99 regular price
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Mr. Robo wrote: Is it really sweatproof?
Nope. I use this when im out cycling you will need to reapply!
Up votes, down votes, they're all votes for me! I thank you!
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 13, 2005
1777 posts
766 upvotes
Toronto
Phantasm wrote: I've used sunscreen that "expired" more than 2 years ago and it still protected me from sunburn just fine.
Sunscreen is so cheap that it's not worth using "expired" sunscreen. While it's likely to not be toxic after expiry, most likely it won't block the rated SPF it was meant for.
Jr. Member
Apr 28, 2010
141 posts
197 upvotes
richmond hill
DarkReaper wrote: Sunscreen is so cheap that it's not worth using "expired" sunscreen. While it's likely to not be toxic after expiry, most likely it won't block the rated SPF it was meant for.
CHEAP!!? Am I poor or are you just rich?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 15, 2020
1722 posts
1216 upvotes
if you wanted expired sunscreen, go dump diving at walmart. Should be plenty there. You get exactly what you pay for in this case.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 1, 2005
14233 posts
9014 upvotes
Markham
Should put sizing into the opening post for reference.

88ml each => 3 x 88ml = 264 ml for $14.97
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Newbie
Apr 21, 2020
15 posts
10 upvotes
I realized the search for the right, cheap sunscreen that works for your own skin is an eternal quest and no one's skin is the same... but still, I bought a pack and here's my experience:

pros: - Hydrate formula feels really nice and refreshing at first compared to having your skin feel oily, no doubt about that.

cons: - Started pilling in the afternoon all over (had applied in the morning before heading out for work)
- After it started pilling, it also started itching. Neck especially. By the time evening came around, it was super annoying.

Search continues and I'm going back to my previous sunscreen I guess. A slight oily feeling can be distracting, but nothing compared to the itchiness I felt with this one.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 5, 2006
6013 posts
244 upvotes
Murica
coolwasabi wrote: This is my favourite sunscreen because I like the subtle scent and it's not oily; it's more matte. I usually like to stock up at the end of summer, but my local Costco's don't have any. It might be cheaper in store if your Costco has stock (?).

Note that this is only SPF 30. Also note that sunscreen expires so (1) hopefully it won't be old stock and (2) don't hoard too much.

Btw, this "Coppertone Sport SPF 30 Trio Pack, 3 x 222 mL" is also on clearance for $14.97: https://www.costco.ca/coppertone-sport- ... 22908.html
I don't like the smell or oiliness of these aerosol sprays, but they're convenient.
I bought the coppertone trio for 9.97 at Etobicoke south last Monday. Expires 2024

Top