[Costco] Surface pro 7 bundle i5 8gb ram 128gb $1150

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2021 6:56 pm
[OP]
Apr 7, 2013
138 posts
43 upvotes

[Costco] Surface pro 7 bundle i5 8gb ram 128gb $1150

I've been looking to get the surface pro 7 bundle (with keyboard and pen) and missed out on the black Friday/boxing day deal.

But seems like it is back...
The i5 8gb 128gb is on sale for $1150

The i5 8gb 256gb is $260 off, $1440... Not as good as BF but also on sale.

Deal said to expire Feb 4th

The surface pro 8 is said to be out Jan 2021 so maybe that's why the price drop.
28 replies
Jan 17, 2017
61 posts
19 upvotes
Just as a data point - I paid $1350 including tax for the same bundle boxing day 2019. A 50$ price drop over a year seems a little less.
[OP]
Apr 7, 2013
138 posts
43 upvotes
Adstarrock wrote: Just as a data point - I paid $1350 including tax for the same bundle boxing day 2019. A 50$ price drop over a year seems a little less.
How is it holding up after a year? Do you like it after a year use?
Is battery life still good?
Jul 5, 2007
450 posts
91 upvotes
Langley
Don't think the Surface Pro 8 will be coming out this month. They're releasing a Surface Pro 7 Plus that will be only available to businesses and schools.

No word on when it'll be available directly to consumers yet.
[OP]
Apr 7, 2013
138 posts
43 upvotes
always wrote: Don't think the Surface Pro 8 will be coming out this month. They're releasing a Surface Pro 7 Plus that will be only available to businesses and schools.

No word on when it'll be available directly to consumers yet.
Sorry I was reading that earlier today as I'm in the market for one. It was "rumor" and "leaked" prices of the surface pro 8. So I could be all wrong about the Jan thing.
Jul 5, 2007
450 posts
91 upvotes
Langley
momo325 wrote: Sorry I was reading that earlier today as I'm in the market for one. It was "rumor" and "leaked" prices of the surface pro 8. So I could be all wrong about the Jan thing.
All the leaks and rumors were pretty correct. Microsoft just pulled a fast one on everyone and named it 7+ instead of 8.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/surface ... pro-7-plus
[OP]
Apr 7, 2013
138 posts
43 upvotes
always wrote: All the leaks and rumors were pretty correct. Microsoft just pulled a fast one on everyone and named it 7+ instead of 8.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/surface ... pro-7-plus
That's what I kinda thought. Because after you said that, I went back to the articles the read this am and they are no longer calling it surface pro 8 but calling it 7+.....

You seem to know about the surface pro, do you think this is a good deal? Should I jump on it for wait? Help a girlfriend out. ☺️
Jan 17, 2017
61 posts
19 upvotes
momo325 wrote: How is it holding up after a year? Do you like it after a year use?
Battery for me is at least 7-8 hours.
I'm not a big fan honestly, to use it productively I have to set it at a proper desk. At that point I might as well use a full keyboard and screen.

It gets minimal usage as a tablet, I prefer an iPad for media consumption/internet browsing. Somehow different websites seem better optimised for it.
[OP]
Apr 7, 2013
138 posts
43 upvotes
Adstarrock wrote: Battery for me is at least 7-8 hours.
I'm not a big fan honestly, to use it productively I have to set it at a proper desk. At that point I might as well use a full keyboard and screen.

It gets minimal usage as a tablet, I prefer an iPad for media consumption/internet browsing. Somehow different websites seem better optimised for it.
Thanks

I'm using it for my craft machine... The software is best on Windows so that's why I'm looking at the surface pro. I don't want a full computer. I like it because of it being only 1.7lbs and has a pen. Don't think I'll be using the keyboard that much.

But interesting about the media and web browsing that some website are better with actual tablets.

Thank you for ur input
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2012
1308 posts
433 upvotes
Toronto
If you use the Pen a lot, go with iPad, otherwise new Mac Book also could be consider.
Simple is the best.
May 21, 2018
18 posts
12 upvotes
I've been using a surface for several years and love it. I use it with the surface dock and connect two 32" monitors and use it mainly for productivity and work. Love the portability when I leave home to just throw it in a sleeve and go with several hours of usage before needing to recharge. Pen is great for taking notes and also great for signing documents electronically
Dec 25, 2016
25 posts
11 upvotes
I'm also looking for one and wondering if I should wait for the 8. I think the Xe graphics and a cooler processor might make the wait worth it.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5084 posts
1784 upvotes
Ottawa
MichaelK7 wrote: I'm also looking for one and wondering if I should wait for the 8. I think the Xe graphics and a cooler processor might make the wait worth it.
This year is still no 8, sp7+ Is just coming out yesterday with intel 11 gen cpu ,evo, and exchangeable ssd , LTE.
Dec 27, 2020
4 posts
2 upvotes
I've had this specific spec for over a year now if you have any questions !
May 25, 2007
62 posts
70 upvotes
on
momo325 wrote: How is it holding up after a year? Do you like it after a year use?
momo325 wrote: Thanks

I'm using it for my craft machine... The software is best on Windows so that's why I'm looking at the surface pro. I don't want a full computer. I like it because of it being only 1.7lbs and has a pen. Don't think I'll be using the keyboard that much.

But interesting about the media and web browsing that some website are better with actual tablets.

Thank you for ur input
I have a surface pro 3 and 5 (both 128gb) and both are still holding up fairly well. Battery life is still good on both, though I wish I could say it was still great. The only issue I've had was the 3 wifi card stopped working. I solved it with a USB wifi and Bluetooth adapter. It works fine except it takes up the only USB port.

I use it in both tablet and laptop form. Mostly laptop. The tablet form is great for watching movies, IMHO better than an iPad as it has a built in stand. I'm most impressed that the stand is as stiff as it was on day 1.

I will probably upgrade again to another surface pro as I'd like to have one with USB C. The M1 MacBooks intrigue me as well but no touchscreen makes them a no go for me.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1256 posts
857 upvotes
Quebec City
I have a Surface 3 (not pro) and the battery is almost dead; it won't run more than 2 hours of simple browsing. Granted, the device is 5½ years old but I'm not too sure I would buy another Surface, I had several issues with battery charging, wifi disconnecting, bluetooth keyboard not recognized, etc. It's a nice little device but for that price, I think I should go for a real laptop. 98% of the time, I kept the keyboard on so I can't say I used it as a tablet, it's too bulky to be used as a tablet.

I would buy this bundle maybe under 800$ but otherwise, I think it is best to purchase a "real" laptop.
[OP]
Apr 7, 2013
138 posts
43 upvotes
sanghjs2 wrote: I've had this specific spec for over a year now if you have any questions !
How long have you had this for? Would you recommend it?
Dec 27, 2020
4 posts
2 upvotes
I would recommend it for its convivence in editing pdf's , and taking notes in university. It isn't crazy fast so dont expect any insane performance, but I was able to do autocad and simple solid works projects. I would opt for the 128gb variant because of the option to double it with the SD slot.

I've had it for about 14 months now.
Jul 16, 2008
345 posts
110 upvotes
ON
I am using Surface Pro 4 and am very happy with it. The battery still manages to squeeze out 5-6 hours. It is bigger than an iPad but it offers a keyboard and bigger screen. I use the SP4 mainly for work stuff, i.e. Windows related. For streaming and entertainment, I use the iPad.
[OP]
Apr 7, 2013
138 posts
43 upvotes
Dumb question,

So I realized there's more thumbs down than thumbs up.... Does that mean this isn't a good deal and I should wait?

If so, what would be a good price? I thought it was ok and was going to get it