Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Surgical Mask 50-pack $21.99 (Humask Pro)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2021 8:43 pm
Nov 21, 2014
735 posts
688 upvotes
Toronto
I got mine today, disappointed with the quality.

I am comparing this mask with Costco in-store black mask and PRIMED 4-Ply ASTM Level 3 i got from Staples a while ago. https://www.staples.ca/products/3004566 ... ue-50-pack

• Humask nose wire is very thin and flimsy, in-store ones are better, PRIMED beats it for sure, you want the wire to be very shapeable and firm, thus avoiding foggy glasses
  • The actual mask portion of the Humask VERY thin compared to in-store and PRIMED, I guess that's why they market it as "easy to breath in"?
  • Ear loop of the Humask follows above two points, thin and flimsy, I guess it will make my ears feel better but the flimsiness makes me fear it will break easily...

I bought these thinking its an upgrade from the Costco in-store ones, but for 3-4x the price this is definitely not worth it.
Thanks for the upvote! 😁
Jul 11, 2016
12 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Does anyone have recommendations for smaller ear loop surgical masks?

The previous purchases I made at Costco and T&T I had to tie them behind my ear to fit better
Thanks
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
2261 posts
1626 upvotes
SizzleChest wrote: I chuckled a bit when you specified that the TP you use in your mask is clean. Probably the wise choice rather than dirty TP.

Having masks on hand is not a bad idea at all, but I believe they have around a 5 year shelf life. I wonder if storing them in an air tight bag might prolong that?
probably not. Out of sunlight and in cool temperatures might. It's mainly the elastic bands that will die on you.
Oct 10, 2006
780 posts
1319 upvotes
Ottawa
berrytree wrote: Thanks - I will be traveling soon. Do you think I should take an N95 or the medical? I'm worried the N95 will be uncomfortable over longer periods.
I did fly recently. I wore a Level 3 mask, a face shield, a hat, and a poncho. I also put my backpack in a clean garbage bag. After I landed, I used Lysol wipes to wipe clean my luggage, tossed away my poncho before getting to my car. Then, of course showered and laundered all clothes as soon as I reached my destination. I may go extreme, but I rather be safe than sorry. It was definitely not comfortable, as I got quite hot in this outfit. Just for your reference.
Aug 17, 2018
808 posts
572 upvotes
mangoman wrote: Sure I agree if someone is coughing in your face and your eyes are open, you're definitely at risk.

But I'm not sure hospital procedure has been updated accordingly for Delta (I understand the aerosol procedure stance from the initial "variants").
Pretty sure its the same, for those entering isolation rooms or any suspected cases, N95 + Face shield and sometimes an level 3 over the N95 to protect from any splatter.

Been using level 3 stuff since the beginning for going out, don't see the need for any of the masks in between, either go with N95 surgical stuff or just the plan surgical IMO.
Jun 14, 2019
231 posts
184 upvotes
Toronto
ahsalloum wrote: Where can you buy Primed for $8 a box? We’ve been buying those for work but paying about $18 a box.
I bought from an kijiji ad. He has a friend who works for a distributor so when he gets his monthly order he sells the excess that he won't use to make back some money.

Save the shipping + half off for masks I'm happy about.
Dec 11, 2006
461 posts
75 upvotes
Vancouver
Hello,
For those trying to get a better seal on the surgical type masks, maybe a mask brace could help. There are also some DIY ones:

DIY mask brace

What is a mask brace

I bought one, but it was a bit on the small side, so I may try the next size up.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2005
2453 posts
318 upvotes
North York
CelusC wrote: I got mine today, disappointed with the quality.

I am comparing this mask with Costco in-store black mask and PRIMED 4-Ply ASTM Level 3 i got from Staples a while ago. https://www.staples.ca/products/3004566 ... ue-50-pack

• Humask nose wire is very thin and flimsy, in-store ones are better, PRIMED beats it for sure, you want the wire to be very shapeable and firm, thus avoiding foggy glasses
  • The actual mask portion of the Humask VERY thin compared to in-store and PRIMED, I guess that's why they market it as "easy to breath in"?
  • Ear loop of the Humask follows above two points, thin and flimsy, I guess it will make my ears feel better but the flimsiness makes me fear it will break easily...

I bought these thinking its an upgrade from the Costco in-store ones, but for 3-4x the price this is definitely not worth it.
Thanks for the review. As I suspected, if the humask did have aluminum nose bridge they’d advertise it as such. Disappointed to hear.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
6463 posts
848 upvotes
Toronto
djemzine wrote: Is there one that is not from AliExpress? I.e. locally or made in Canada?
Aren’t we just paying for the labour cost since “Made in Canada”, really means offshore materials assembled in Canada? Imagine cost of Apple products if it were assembled in Canada… ouch.
Oct 14, 2003
69 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto ON
Thx OP. Got two packs being shipped now.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2020
1346 posts
953 upvotes
Anyone know if I can return these Humask masks to Costco? I haven't removed the outer plastic from the box yet.
Nov 28, 2003
518 posts
138 upvotes
Montreal
berrytree wrote: Anyone know if I can return these Humask masks to Costco? I haven't removed the outer plastic from the box yet.
I dont see why they wont take it back if its still sealed.