Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Swiss ETA2824 watch for 329.99, YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 16th, 2018 9:02 am
[OP]
Dec 25, 2017
141 posts
151 upvotes

[Costco] Swiss ETA2824 watch for 329.99, YMMV

Was in the Citizen sale two days ago trying to find a nice Swiss mechanical watch ( Alpina and Frederique Constant) for my dad. Didn’t see anything with a good value, ended up empty handed. Then went to Costco (Kirkham Dr location), saw an interesting piece, photo attached. It’s a Victorinox Alliance mechanical watch with a Swiss eta2824 movement, also 100m water resistant, open back and has lume on hour and min hands. Nowadays, to find a genuine Swiss eta movement watch under $400 is pretty hard, so I would consider it a deal. I’ve searched the Internet, eBay, Amazon, jomashop, no one sells this particular model at a cheaper price.

But, since it’s costco, so it’s highly YMMV. When I checked, the CSR told me they have 3 in stock. Also, FYI, I saw these in Mississauga location (Dundas st e) as well.
C6B42EC6-A98A-40B3-BE2F-7567D7080442.jpeg
39E63BE5-E7EF-42D0-BD17-FE18D1B0B97D.png
F9207EDF-C743-4508-B6BB-50465508EB73.png
6F98D4A7-4F72-4364-9BCA-A52E2035D9EE.png
D044709B-6EA1-495D-8CD7-80C132880098.png
5B94AA2B-FE12-4005-AB14-92B65116ED6D.png
6AAFC3B1-2964-4285-AC30-4AC4CCDD60B5.png
29 replies
[OP]
Dec 25, 2017
141 posts
151 upvotes
Mind you, the price on jomashop is in USD. I also saw Victorinox INOX in the Kirkham location. Couldn’t remember the price, but it was not bad either
Jan 8, 2008
478 posts
150 upvotes
Nice find! Looks like a great every day watch with a proven movement and solid bracelet. I like the 50s Rolex Explorer styling cues in the dial and hands and that red seconds hand, too. Shame about the size, which is too big for my small and round wrists. Oh well. Hope you enjoy it!
[OP]
Dec 25, 2017
141 posts
151 upvotes
zenzen wrote: Nice find! Looks like a great every day watch with a proven movement and solid bracelet. I like the 50s Rolex Explorer styling cues in the dial and hands and that red seconds hand, too. Shame about the size, which is too big for my small and round wrists. Oh well. Hope you enjoy it!
I didn’t buy it though. Ended up taking adv of the eBay 20% off and got a Tissot Le locle powermatic 80 for $530 all in. This Victorinox watch would be ok if your wrist is sort of at 6.5ish. That’s my feeling anyways.
Sep 28, 2016
165 posts
143 upvotes
West Canada
The alliance from Victorinox is a solid watch. Good find OP!
Amat Victoria Curam
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
7659 posts
4355 upvotes
Debtario
Nice find! Costco carries some very nice watches lately, though extremely YMMV with random models and fast stock turnover. The most notable ones I've seen are a Tag Aquaracer, Breitling Transocean chrono, Longines Hydroconquest, and the Oris Aquis. They also have some decent quartz offerings from Tissot and Seiko, fashion brands like Movado, Burberry, Gucci, etc., and some costco-specific Citizen models.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
[OP]
Dec 25, 2017
141 posts
151 upvotes
M1K3Z0R wrote: Nice find! Costco carries some very nice watches lately, though extremely YMMV with random models and fast stock turnover. The most notable ones I've seen are a Tag Aquaracer, Breitling Transocean chrono, Longines Hydroconquest, and the Oris Aquis. They also have some decent quartz offerings from Tissot and Seiko, fashion brands like Movado, Burberry, Gucci, etc., and some costco-specific Citizen models.
May I know how much they sell the longines hydroconquest for? Thanks.
[OP]
Dec 25, 2017
141 posts
151 upvotes
I’m surprised that no one is reporting back buying them
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2564 posts
1139 upvotes
Eugene911 wrote: I’m surprised that no one is reporting back buying them
Even on sale or clearance the high end watches are over $1000. We are on RFD and $1000 is too much to pay.
Penalty Box
Feb 24, 2018
24792 posts
32524 upvotes
Eugene911 wrote: I’m surprised that no one is reporting back buying them
Watches are weird.

You could tell me that's a $50 or $1500 watch and I might believe you.

/waits for incoming jabs
Nov 19, 2006
244 posts
390 upvotes
Edmonton
Its even funnier that The Swatch Group owns low to mid to high end spectrum swiss watches with volume exclusivity to their subsidiary ETA for movements, so that generally they all can access the same. The next group are agreements with LVMH, etc.

You can buy a $300 Swiss watch with same movement as $1500 watch, the delta only brand prestige, maybe even some material, maybe even longer warranty.
Sep 23, 2006
630 posts
668 upvotes
xpressmerchant wrote: Even on sale or clearance the high end watches are over $1000. We are on RFD and $1000 is too much to pay.
Just because someone is on RFD, it doesnt mean they dont buy more expensive items as well. Sure, they may spend few K on a watch, but they also want to save money. I really dont know why so many people think this way, not just here, but on SD as well.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2564 posts
1139 upvotes
cvrle1 wrote: Just because someone is on RFD, it doesnt mean they dont buy more expensive items as well. Sure, they may spend few K on a watch, but they also want to save money. I really dont know why so many people think this way, not just here, but on SD as well.
Of course they do but the sale aren't cheap enough that's why you don't hear back. Who would spend thousands of dollars on a watch now aday? Not all watches go up in value, they depreciate more likely. Nowaday we have cell phones to tell time and smart watches which are alot cheapers so more competition.
Jun 30, 2017
65 posts
22 upvotes
Because on rfd most people aren't watch enthusiasts and have no care in the world spending over $300 on a watch. Post on watchuseek or r/watches and then you'll get more people buying/commenting.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7738 posts
1628 upvotes
Also i think is a pretty norm to see these prices at Costco.

It really takes a watch guy to appreciate the movement in these watches, ie. Someone may buy a quartz Movado over this cause they think the brand is more "luxury".
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2001
7088 posts
282 upvotes
Toronto
tinytingrin wrote: Its even funnier that The Swatch Group owns low to mid to high end spectrum swiss watches with volume exclusivity to their subsidiary ETA for movements, so that generally they all can access the same. The next group are agreements with LVMH, etc.

You can buy a $300 Swiss watch with same movement as $1500 watch, the delta only brand prestige, maybe even some material, maybe even longer warranty.
As price goes up, so does the regulation done by swiss match makers. 6 positions, COSC certification etc. usually.
Also the quality of the other materials. sapphire crystal, solid end links,
Aug 4, 2007
715 posts
4249 upvotes
Mississauga
I used to wear a watch, but than one of my clients asked if I don't have a phone or a clock in the car.
Sep 23, 2006
630 posts
668 upvotes
xpressmerchant wrote: Of course they do but the sale aren't cheap enough that's why you don't hear back. Who would spend thousands of dollars on a watch now aday? Not all watches go up in value, they depreciate more likely. Nowaday we have cell phones to tell time and smart watches which are alot cheapers so more competition.
I was wondering who would be the 1st person to mention cell phones and smart watches. You can have your cell phone and smart watch, i will take a good old manual winding wrist watch any day over those. You are right thought that majority of watches do not go up in price, but that is just like with majority of consumer products.
AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Because on rfd most people aren't watch enthusiasts and have no care in the world spending over $300 on a watch. Post on watchuseek or r/watches and then you'll get more people buying/commenting.
You'd be surprised how many people still buy watches that are on RFD and SD. Just because they dont post that they bought it, it doesnt mean they are not around. I personally havent bought a watch that I saw on RFD, WUS or SD, but that is not because I dont buy watches, but because I am hunting for great deals on used watches.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2564 posts
1139 upvotes
cvrle1 wrote: I was wondering who would be the 1st person to mention cell phones and smart watches. You can have your cell phone and smart watch, i will take a good old manual winding wrist watch any day over those. You are right thought that majority of watches do not go up in price, but that is just like with majority of consumer products.

You'd be surprised how many people still buy watches that are on RFD and SD. Just because they dont post that they bought it, it doesnt mean they are not around. I personally havent bought a watch that I saw on RFD, WUS or SD, but that is not because I dont buy watches, but because I am hunting for great deals on used watches.
I think in the past the high end swiss watches value do hold up quite well so there is a reason to buy. But nowaday it isn't true anymore.
Feb 6, 2017
262 posts
559 upvotes
hdom wrote: Also i think is a pretty norm to see these prices at Costco.

It really takes a watch guy to appreciate the movement in these watches, ie. Someone may buy a quartz Movado over this cause they think the brand is more "luxury".
Agreed..... one of the best value automatic that I love is a Glycine Sub, accurate to 5 secs per day. I thought it had at ETA but the 26 jewels meant a Sellita movement which impressed me even more. Sapphire glass front and caseback for $300..... amazing value.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)