• Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2019 5:09 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 26, 2006
277 posts
270 upvotes

[Costco] Swissmar 8-Person Raclette - $69.99

I don't know if this is a hot deal, but similar ones online at The Bay and whatnot are roughly $120. Anyway, Costco online has $20 off to their retail price that brings it to $69.99. I don't have it and don't need it but I'm on the fence about buying it personally.
21 replies
Jan 5, 2016
388 posts
250 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
RFD TIP #115: If you gotta Google something to know what it is or does, you don't need it!

Ps: I'm kinda interested in this

Edit: Upon further review I'm sold on it. In for 1. Thx OP
Last edited by Diggingupbones on Dec 14th, 2019 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 4, 2016
142 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Costco knows their French market. Impressive.
Raclette season everyone.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2003
5073 posts
2429 upvotes
A Place to Stand
I have had a similar one for years, I don't use it a lot but its great when I do. Its a great idea for people who entertain a lot, it gets people involved in the cooking and is a novelty for sure. Raclette cheese is usually pretty expensive though, I cleared out a Sobeys of like 20 packs once when they were clearing them out for next to nothing, so there were a lot of raclette meals those days. I am sure that other cheeses can be used to. I brought the one I had up to the cottage since I'm more likely to entertain there, and bought another one a couple months ago on clearance from Walmart for the city house, a smaller 6 person one as its usually just me and the wife when I use it at home. It is still there at Walmart if anyone is looking for a smaller one or don't want to dish out $70 to try it out and see if they like the concept.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/trudeau-ma ... lsrc=aw.ds
Jan 17, 2010
897 posts
375 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
you may have chance to grab it in store for a better price.
Nov 10, 2013
367 posts
271 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Just place half a wheel of your favorite hard cheese next to a fireplace (it's winter in Canada, eh) and you saved $70, room in a cupboard and a little bit of the planet

Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
8598 posts
5467 upvotes
Kootenays
Diggingupbones wrote: RFD TIP #115: If you gotta Google something to know what it is or does, you don't need it!

Ps: I'm kinda interested in this

Edit: Upon further review I'm sold on it. In for 1. Thx OP
Just know that your whole house will smell like dirty socks when you use it! I worked for years at Chateau Lake Louise and any time the Wine Bar sold an order of Raclette, people would complain to me in the Fairview Dining room, next door, that their server's feet stink! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Dec 4, 2017
244 posts
261 upvotes
Whitby
Thanks OP, I'm a big fan of Raclettes. It's interesting how many people never heard about it.
Great to receive people and enjoy a "slow cook" while drinking a wine.
Great price and great product.
[OP]
Dec 26, 2006
277 posts
270 upvotes
Fair suggestion - I called the Markham location and asked and she checked and they aren't stocked for any in the nearby warehouses in the Markham/Scarb/Richmond Hill area.
May 17, 2011
518 posts
483 upvotes
Toronto
We love our raclette although use it so rarely. We use provolone or swiss cheese. I've never looked for raclette cheese specifically.
Good find. I have never seen them in a warehouse.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
13001 upvotes
jrshopper wrote: We love our raclette although use it so rarely. We use provolone or swiss cheese. I've never looked for raclette cheese specifically.
Good find. I have never seen them in a warehouse.
I don't know about East, but we have the cheese in the warehouse in the West sometimes.
Nov 9, 2013
708 posts
231 upvotes
Vancouver
death_hawk wrote: I don't know about East, but we have the cheese in the warehouse in the West sometimes.
I saw it last week, I think it is a seasonal item.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
13001 upvotes
Trophy23 wrote: I saw it last week, I think it is a seasonal item.
Definitely comes and goes.
May 17, 2011
518 posts
483 upvotes
Toronto
death_hawk wrote: I don't know about East, but we have the cheese in the warehouse in the West sometimes.
I am going to have a close look next time! thanks
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
1860 posts
1150 upvotes
Laval, QC
Online price is showing the regular pirce? Dead?
I seen once it was on sale in store, but was only $10 off
Aug 29, 2018
305 posts
391 upvotes
midget_man wrote: I have had a similar one for years, I don't use it a lot but its great when I do. Its a great idea for people who entertain a lot, it gets people involved in the cooking and is a novelty for sure. Raclette cheese is usually pretty expensive though, I cleared out a Sobeys of like 20 packs once when they were clearing them out for next to nothing, so there were a lot of raclette meals those days. I am sure that other cheeses can be used to. I brought the one I had up to the cottage since I'm more likely to entertain there, and bought another one a couple months ago on clearance from Walmart for the city house, a smaller 6 person one as its usually just me and the wife when I use it at home. It is still there at Walmart if anyone is looking for a smaller one or don't want to dish out $70 to try it out and see if they like the concept.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/trudeau-ma ... lsrc=aw.ds
They have raclette cheese at Costco.
Mar 20, 2005
436 posts
127 upvotes
Ottawa
Picked up one in warehouse for $59.99 a couple weeks ago.