Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] TCL 4 Series 55"/65" 4K Smart Roku LED TV's $389/$579 In Store

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2019 5:06 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 3, 2009
10575 posts
4989 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] TCL 4 Series 55"/65" 4K Smart Roku LED TV's $389/$579 In Store

Costco has the TCL smart roku 4k LEDs, 55" 55S423CA for $389 and the 65" 65S423CA for $579 In Store only. Not online at the moment.

With the usual Costco 90 day return, 2 year warranty and $30/$60 extra for 3 extra years of warranty.
Here are some price tag pics:
20191011_115753.jpg
20191011_115639.jpg
10/15

Costco has the 65S423CA back in stock online again. Unfortunately not for $579, they have it for $639 shipped, but for those not near a Costco or without transport for a TV this size, it is available.
It is also available to those without a Costco membership, online. You don't need a membership to order one with or without a warranty.
https://www.costco.ca/TCL-65-in.-4K-HDR ... 74452.html
Last edited by idiotcanuck on Oct 15th, 2019 7:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.
75 replies
Sr. Member
Mar 10, 2012
755 posts
1311 upvotes
PEACHLAND
Might be helpful to say which Costco
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 3, 2009
10575 posts
4989 upvotes
Toronto
2003fxdl wrote: Might be helpful to say which Costco
GTA Queensway.
This is likely priced in response to the current Best Buy pricing on the 4 series, so it should be in most Costco's that stock them. It wasnt clearance pricing.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 29, 2008
3594 posts
942 upvotes
90% of the content watched on the TV I'm looking to replace is youtube, the other 10% is Netflix. We have the UHD package already.

Wondering if i should get this or look at the series 6?
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2006
1119 posts
556 upvotes
2Sedins1Cup wrote: what ones are better? The ones you linked or the ones OP posted at Costco?
Remote, just get costco one unless you dont have membership (or way to hard to pickup)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 23, 2015
2124 posts
1368 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
Is this the best price so far for the TCL 4 series?
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2006
1119 posts
556 upvotes
cy wrote: $10 for delivery is definitely worth it!
costco is better because of warranty and 90 days exchange vs 30 though ( especially if price goes lower in christmas season)

But yes id probably just order online too
Banned
Aug 22, 2019
131 posts
77 upvotes
JonSnow wrote: 90% of the content watched on the TV I'm looking to replace is youtube, the other 10% is Netflix. We have the UHD package already.

Wondering if i should get this or look at the series 6?
Similar question I have too!
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2006
1119 posts
556 upvotes
arusabalbata wrote: Similar question I have too!
6 series is certainly better (I believe the smart features are the same regardless of version)
I found the 4 series to look fine, so it just depends on how much you are willing to pay.

but if getting 6 series id wait a bit longer.. for the 2019 version to hit canada (And likely price drop of 2018 version if stock remains)
Banned
Aug 22, 2019
131 posts
77 upvotes
bryceton wrote: 6 series is certainly better (I believe the smart features are the same regardless of version)
I found the 4 series to look fine, so it just depends on how much you are willing to pay.

but if getting 6 series id wait a bit longer.. for the 2019 version to hit canada (And likely price drop of 2018 version if stock remains)
Thanks! It looks like the TCL 6 series in the US has dropped down to $419 USD (approx $560 CAD). This is US Costco & BestBuy too, so maybe Canadian Costco's and Best buys will drop their 2018 Version of the TCL 6 series fairly shortly.

Source: https://www.costco.com/TCL-55%22-Class- ... 15013.html

EDIT: Wow, looks like the New 2019 6 series is out in the US! Best buy USA has it for $599 USD:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tcl-55-cla ... Id=6367716

Probably signals that Costco and Best Buy Canada will have it soon too!

Decisions decisions.. go for the TCL 2018 for probably $150-$200 cheaper or go for the new 2019 version...
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 3, 2009
10575 posts
4989 upvotes
Toronto
BeapChastard wrote: Is this the best price so far for the TCL 4 series?
I think so.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 29, 2007
605 posts
109 upvotes
Montreal
are any of your guys concerned with buying a 60hz tv vs a 120hz one? I realise you save a lot of $ by foregoing 120 hz but there's a part of me that thinks this is a worthy upgrade?
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 3, 2009
10575 posts
4989 upvotes
Toronto
JonSnow wrote: 90% of the content watched on the TV I'm looking to replace is youtube, the other 10% is Netflix. We have the UHD package already.

Wondering if i should get this or look at the series 6?
Look at both and try the Rtings reviews of both.
It really depends on a number of factors, many of them subjective.
It depends on the room lighting, the type of viewer you are, your budget. The 6 series does a bunch of things better than the 4 series, but do you need them or can you see the difference in the intended location with the sources your using, and if so, is that difference worth $300 to you?
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 18, 2013
3492 posts
4931 upvotes
BC
arusabalbata wrote: Thanks! It looks like the TCL 6 series in the US has dropped down to $419 USD (approx $560 CAD). This is US Costco & BestBuy too, so maybe Canadian Costco's and Best buys will drop their 2018 Version of the TCL 6 series fairly shortly.

Source: https://www.costco.com/TCL-55%22-Class- ... 15013.html

EDIT: Wow, looks like the New 2019 6 series is out in the US! Best buy USA has it for $599 USD:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tcl-55-cla ... Id=6367716

Probably signals that Costco and Best Buy Canada will have it soon too!

Decisions decisions.. go for the TCL 2018 for probably $150-$200 cheaper or go for the new 2019 version...
Depends how soon you need a TV. Costco Canada didn't get the 2018 6 series until March/April this year. Might be some time before we get the 2019. Also prices have been more expensive in Canada even factoring conversion.
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 3, 2009
10575 posts
4989 upvotes
Toronto
Brettimus wrote: are any of your guys concerned with buying a 60hz tv vs a 120hz one? I realise you save a lot of $ by foregoing 120 hz but there's a part of me that thinks this is a worthy upgrade?
I guess it comes down to how sensitive you are to motion lag and how fast the panel is. As I remember the 4 series tested pretty well for lag. I would go through the Rtings review and see if that eases your mind.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.

Top