Nov 23, 2009
852 posts
419 upvotes
Vaughan

[Costco] TCL 4 Series 65” $499 in store/online

https://www.costco.ca/tcl-65-in.-4k-hdr ... 74452.html

The lowest price I’ve seen

5yr warranty is only $29.99
Last edited by arberb on Jan 16th, 2021 8:06 am, edited 4 times in total.
SSD
179 replies
Feb 16, 2017
78 posts
63 upvotes
New Brunswick
Showing $544.99 for me. $35 Eco fee
Last edited by Jedi66 on Jan 15th, 2021 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5671 posts
2893 upvotes
Winnipeg
499 at bestbuy too
Zoomer Wireless | Public Mobile | Simplii | Tangerine | CIBC
Dec 15, 2019
468 posts
1391 upvotes
Markham
wow thats a low price.
any known issues/ cons?
well the biggest being the probable *Blocked by any sort of internet moderating*
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1212 posts
1222 upvotes
Markham, ON
Anything WRONG with this TV? I don't need the fancy OLED stuff.

I am not a gamer. We watch Treehouse/netflix/amazon prime/youtube.

I watch sports. I don't need to see how many molecules are inside a player's sweat.

Will I be disappointed if I buy this TV? For comparison, I currently have a 46" Sharp Aquos from 2009.
FIDO, Freedom Mobile, Koodo, Public Mobile, TELUS customer.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
1026 posts
365 upvotes
Toronto
mrtin905 wrote: Anything WRONG with this TV? I don't need the fancy OLED stuff.

I watch sports. I don't need to see how many molecules are inside a player's sweat.

Will I be disappointed if I buy this TV? For comparison, I currently have a 46" Sharp Aquos from 2009.
Seems like a goood deal for those things
JS
Nov 20, 2017
670 posts
497 upvotes

it's just not that bright.

I bought a 58inch insignia for 470 in early 2020 (firetv built in) and it seemed noticeably brighter.

I guess you'd have to compare the lowest price on the TCL 6 series to get an idea of how good this is. Wasn't the 65 inch 6 series like 599 at one point?
Sep 4, 2005
56 posts
8 upvotes
i got this TV in december. I am sure in a side by side comparison to other more expensive tv's it wouldn't be as "good", but man, if i compare this to a tv from 7 years ago that cost three times as much, its AMAZING. I'm guessing in 7 years, the 300$ tvs will blow todays' 1500$ tvs out of the water.

I just have to figure out how to price adjust costco.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2005
3478 posts
792 upvotes
Toronto
I got the TCL 65" last year, wasn't very happy with it. Screen is very washed out and very dim even on highest brightness. Returned and got the Hisense, very happy with the Hisense.
[AMD Ryzen 5 1600X | Asrock B450M Pro4 | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz | WD BLUE 1TB & Samsung EVO960 240GB SSD| Phanteks P300]
https://www.speedtest.net/result/8898661390.png
Feedbacks:
Ebay
HoFo
Heatware
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
6348 posts
4550 upvotes
Ottawa

I do not think you'll be disappointed at all. 11 years is a long time and some of the content you watch on those platforms will be noticeably better if possible (resolution, HDR, 4K, etc.)

Yeah the $450-$600 55 inch+ TVs aren't going to match up to those 1K devices but for the everyday user on a budget, these things are perfect.

Been using a Hisense 58" since Christmas and can't complain. Yeah Roku isn't everyone's cup of tea but it's working for me. Similar with gaming, it's SO much better than 1080p, I'll take it.
With Zoomer Wireless !
Jan 2, 2020
27 posts
33 upvotes

I still have the 55" sharp aquos from 2009 - paid a ton for it

Recently got a hisense and happy with it

Looked at TLC model tv's in best buy they looked a bit dim
Aug 9, 2018
136 posts
62 upvotes

Nothing wrong. I have this and the 6 Series both. The difference is chalk and cheese. If you need a spare, this is perfectly fine.
To be precise, this TV isn't bright with HDR content as it should be. I find, I miss quite a few details in dark scenes.

You should be absolutely fine with Sports/News where there aren't too many dark scenes.
Jan 13, 2021
2 posts
Just bought, I was looking for this for a while. Thanks
Jun 24, 2013
166 posts
194 upvotes
maritrunks wrote: I got the TCL 65" last year, wasn't very happy with it. Screen is very washed out and very dim even on highest brightness. Returned and got the Hisense, very happy with the Hisense.
Good to know.

I grabbed the Hisense for $598 I think it was after Christmas after debating the TCL 4 series and 6 series.

It is a great price though to replace an older TV. The difference between my 8 year old lower end Sanyo (which was good enough for me until I bought the Hisense) and the Hisense is incredible, so I'm sure the TCL 4 series would look great compared to an older TV.

I'll wait to replace the Sanyo - time to not spend frivously or waste when the device is working perfectly fine (although I'm tempted to buy a new Chromecast to pair up to the Hisense - Roku just isn't doing it for me - I miss the ability to cast all the things I normally do!)
Dec 25, 2012
681 posts
369 upvotes
Kingston
How well do you think this would perform as a computer monitor? I’m not a computer gamer so it would be used as a music studio monitor.
Jan 14, 2021
1 posts
Semi related question. I have a $50 voucher to use at Costco online from the Gift of Membership but the TV I wanted (x900h) is out of stock and was out of stock at the $1,498 sale price. Code expires tomorrow.

I originally was going to get the 5 series but had concerns on brightness. If I buy the 4 or 5 series TCL and don't like them using my voucher, do I get the $50 back if I return them in the future? Hesitant to buy something I may have issues with and throw away the $50 if I return it.

Outside of doing that I either have to buy some random stuff on Costco totalling $250 to use the voucher or try and sell it on Craigslist and get at least $40 for it.
Oct 17, 2008
9 posts
5 upvotes
Vancouver
I bought the TCL 4 series 65 inch last year from Costco and I would not recommend it. Look up the TCL panel lottery. At first it was just a few splotches of faint purple in the corners of the screen when the screen should have been a uniform black. The screen panel has gotten progressively worse and after less than 6 months, a third of the screen has purple banding and backlight bleed around the edges.
Jun 22, 2007
153 posts
225 upvotes
Toronto
This is now showing $499 online for me while it was $509 earlier in the morning when this thread was posted.

Even better now about the $499 online is that it qualifies for the $29.99 price for the extended 3-year warranty (total 5-year Costco warranty) whereas it was previously $59.99 when the price was $509 in the morning.