Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

TCL 4 Series 65” $499 in store/online

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 4th, 2021 9:55 am
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
2709 posts
5163 upvotes
raspeed wrote: You're the one that has to look at it. You're going to spend hundreds if not thousands of hours staring at it. The $50 difference means what to you? It doesn't say QLED? Do you notice the difference when watching it QLED or no? It's not like deciding between $500 set and a $2500 set. Only you can decide.
Hmm tbh its not just the QLED name, I actually noticed that it was brighter and colors looked much better, but also the main feature I would say that I am missing is Local Dimming and action smoothing. The contrast is just not the same with the 65" TV. Yes the 65" is bigger but honestly after going from the QLED I just cant forget how good the QLED actually is compared to this 65". Dont get me wrong this 65" is great too. Just I am missing having those features. Guess I just answered myself lol. Gonna return the 65".
Rogers 30GB $35
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2001
1943 posts
171 upvotes
It seems Costco won't ship this to my postal code...
I guess Amazon is an option but I would prefer the Costco warranty...
Jan 29, 2004
192 posts
19 upvotes
What you guys think about using it outside in the summer?

Thanks
Dec 23, 2001
166 posts
117 upvotes
Bigboy16 wrote: Nope. The coupon doesn't get returned. The conditions explicitly mention that. Haha. I'm in a similar boat.
not sure if this is relevant
i used the coupon, then cancelled the order
emailed and asked for the voucher back, and they gave it to me
with an extended deadline
YMMV
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
1845 posts
783 upvotes
Vaughan
I'm coming from a 10 year old 50" Panasonic plasma tv. Would you go with the 65" TCL 4 or the 55" QLED TCL 5 series? Price is the same on Costco site.
Dec 26, 2006
535 posts
693 upvotes
wheelz wrote: I'm coming from a 10 year old 50" Panasonic plasma tv. Would you go with the 65" TCL 4 or the 55" QLED TCL 5 series? Price is the same on Costco site.
I asked the same question and got the obvious response back - it’s your preference. What this question is about is, is the 5 series much better than the four? Enough to give up ten inches. I’d like to hear opinions.
Jul 27, 2014
978 posts
944 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Worth getting to replace a 10 year old Samsung 46"?
May 23, 2007
642 posts
384 upvotes
Kanata
fearex wrote: Worth getting to replace a 10 year old Samsung 46"?
Oh ya!. I went from a 50" Panasonic plasma to a 2018 rca 65'. Well worth it. 65" is an ideal size imo.
Dec 1, 2010
428 posts
325 upvotes
Windsor
z613 wrote: Oh ya!. I went from a 50" Panasonic plasma to a 2018 rca 65'. Well worth it. 65" is an ideal size imo.
Living room still rocking a Maxent 42" plasma bought 2007 at Costco. 1 blue thread on screen which kids dont' seem to mind, but this 90lb beast going to replaced very soon..
Been watching this deal since I recvd my costco rebate
Feb 3, 2019
406 posts
479 upvotes
eco fee dafuq? I bought 2 50" 5series tcl from costco last month and it didnt have eco fee
Nov 6, 2015
326 posts
405 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mrtin905 wrote: Anything WRONG with this TV? I don't need the fancy OLED stuff.

I am not a gamer. We watch Treehouse/netflix/amazon prime/youtube.

I watch sports. I don't need to see how many molecules are inside a player's sweat.

Will I be disappointed if I buy this TV? For comparison, I currently have a 46" Sharp Aquos from 2009.
Mine is coming in on Saturday and I have the exact same needs. Just a casual TV watcher.. I'll report back with a review :)
Jul 27, 2014
978 posts
944 upvotes
Montreal, QC
z613 wrote: Oh ya!. I went from a 50" Panasonic plasma to a 2018 rca 65'. Well worth it. 65" is an ideal size imo.
Better question maybe
This or the 55" 5 series or the 58" Hisense?
I don't need 65" so a higher quality 55-58 would prob be better for me
Jul 27, 2008
486 posts
599 upvotes
Murkdx wrote: eco fee dafuq? I bought 2 50" 5series tcl from costco last month and it didnt have eco fee
Yup, sucks.
I bought a series 5 on Dec 30, no ECO
I bought a second one for my folks first week of Jan, ECO
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2017
1390 posts
1176 upvotes
TheGrouch wrote: What you guys think about using it outside in the summer?

Thanks
No offense but that's kind of a vague question..

You want to mount it under a Gazebo that's covered or under a covered area? There's a chance it could still get wet.
Moving it in and outside would be fine. Leaving it outside every day all day is kind of sketchy unless the covered area can't get wet from the sides.

if it's in a covered area could you keep the TV plastic/foam slip cover from the package and then cover it while you're not using it?
I would be careful covering a TV with plastic that has dust particles on it though.. it could scratch the screen possibly.

Your biggest threat is rain... and possibly even heat depending on where you put the TV. The sun can get really hot.. have you ever felt a car after it's been out in the sun all day?
Dec 6, 2011
66 posts
16 upvotes
LAVAL
i have to pick one between the TCL 55'' series 5 vs this one

size doesn't matter it's for a room

same price at costco

Netflix / movie

any suggestions I've read reviews but it seems the are very similar
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37133 upvotes
wolfsburg04 wrote: i have to pick one between the TCL 55'' series 5 vs this one

size doesn't matter it's for a room

same price at costco

Netflix / movie

any suggestions I've read reviews but it seems the are very similar
5-Series if you don't care about size.

The 4-Series is passable, but isn't great if you've become accustomed to QLED or OLED.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2006
1855 posts
340 upvotes
Thanks OP. Got my purchase from December adjusted.
Opinions posted are that of my own and do not reflect that of any organization.

GTA AYCE Sushi Guide

What is a marriage if not an opportunity to mock someone through thick and thin while simultaneously exploring your deepest, darkest sexual desires - Californication.
Dec 6, 2011
66 posts
16 upvotes
LAVAL
redflagdealsguy wrote: 5-Series if you don't care about size.

The 4-Series is passable, but isn't great if you've become accustomed to QLED or OLED.
thank you I'll get the series 5
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
1845 posts
783 upvotes
Vaughan
Went with the 65" and 5 year warranty. Get it in a few days.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)