Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

TCL 4 series TV’s 50”, 55” & 65”

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 25th, 2019 9:51 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2011
2721 posts
6216 upvotes
Mississauga
55inch TCL 4 series is available too at Costco for $459.99. All TVs come with a two-year warranty, and you can buy three additional years for $29.99 as long as the TV price is $500 or lower.
Images
  • AC4EA644-EA1E-48C6-82AE-375924CD0773.jpeg
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1598 posts
1609 upvotes
Orleans, ON
crockpot wrote: Why buy TCL when you can buy Samsung - a Korean (God-tier) brand - for nearly the same price.
Brand is often meaningless. The best TCL is far better than the worst Samsung. The TCL R617 for example, will blow away anything Samsung makes in the same size and price range. The "God-tier" brands are often only great at higher price points.

Homework:
https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/ ... tra-hd-uhd
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
2823 posts
1493 upvotes
What is the model number on these? Reading review and without knowing the specific model it is hard to tell if I m comparing Apple to oranges
Mar 3, 2019
310 posts
337 upvotes
jetertmac wrote: 55inch TCL 4 series is available too at Costco for $459.99. All TVs come with a two-year warranty, and you can buy three additional years for $29.99 as long as the TV price is $500 or lower.
What Costco did you see this at?

Also anyone know the difference between the S421 (Walmart), S423 (Costco) and S425 (Amazon)?

I know the difference between the 6 series is the remote... S615 (IR) vs S617 (RF)
Jul 28, 2010
842 posts
535 upvotes
ludhi wrote: I was about to pull the trigger on vizio p65 this weekend, but now will have to look into TCL.
Vizio P is still going to be a better TV. Are you hoping for the TCL 6 to be much cheaper than it? That's possible but it won't be as good. It should be better than Vizio M though.
Deal Expert
Jun 24, 2006
15769 posts
11166 upvotes
Gee wrote: What operating system is TCL using for their Smart TV Platform?
Roku
Nov 23, 2017
29 posts
29 upvotes
Gee wrote: Can you stream from a NAS with Roku?

Sorry, I have only used WebOS (LG) and Android TV (Sony)
I was able to stream with plex, not sure if it will play from a NAS.
Jun 24, 2013
114 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
I just bought a tcl 4 series 43 inch for bedroom. It was $349 plus tax with Amazon prime and ebates 1%.. Will let you know my thoughts of it when using 4k on amazon fire stick. I have both bell fibe tv and Netflix premium to test 4k.
Apr 24, 2014
261 posts
118 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Everyone saying the TCL is a good tv.. but reviews state the 4k is not much better then the standard mode. The features are awesome they say, but the actual picture quality is not that great.

Not sure what to think :/
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2011
2721 posts
6216 upvotes
Mississauga
JacobS23471 wrote: What Costco did you see this at?

Also anyone know the difference between the S421 (Walmart), S423 (Costco) and S425 (Amazon)?

I know the difference between the 6 series is the remote... S615 (IR) vs S617 (RF)
I saw this tv at the Brampton Costco. There is no difference between the Costco, Walmart and Amazon one. The model numbers are slightly different as each model number is specific to a retailer.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2011
2721 posts
6216 upvotes
Mississauga
Sephran wrote: Everyone saying the TCL is a good tv.. but reviews state the 4k is not much better then the standard mode. The features are awesome they say, but the actual picture quality is not that great.

Not sure what to think :/
It all depends on what you are planning to use this TV for. If it is being used for a bedroom and you are looking for basic quality, then the value is great, but if you want more out of the TV or planning to use this as your main TV, I would personally suggest something else.

I bought the four series a few months ago from Walmart for $468 and ended up returning the TV to get the Vizio M series from Costco instead which was going for $130 more at the time. The M series offered much better HDR, blacks looked better, offered local dimming, 4 HDMI ports instead of 3 and Dolby vision.

Again, the four series is a great value, but the quality isn't nearly as comparable to other brands.

I would recommend getting the 6 series or another TV instead. But if you are on a tight budget then this one could work for you.

I forgot to mention that the four series TV packaging was simply horrible. For some weird reason, they decided to stick plastic stickers all across the screen, and when you are peeling them off the TV, it literally feels like you are ripping the screen.
Nov 16, 2013
41 posts
106 upvotes
Montreal
jetertmac wrote: It all depends on what you are planning to use this TV for. If it is being used for a bedroom and you are looking for basic quality, then the value is great, but if you want more out of the TV or planning to use this as your main TV, I would personally suggest something else.

I bought the four series a few months ago from Walmart for $468 and ended up returning the TV to get the Vizio M series from Costco instead which was going for $130 more at the time. The M series offered much better HDR, blacks looked better, offered local dimming, 4 HDMI ports instead of 3 and Dolby vision.

Again, the four series is a great value, but the quality isn't nearly as comparable to other brands.

I would recommend getting the 6 series or another TV instead. But if you are on a tight budget then this one could work for you.

I forgot to mention that the four series TV packaging was simply horrible. For some weird reason, they decided to stick plastic stickers all across the screen, and when you are peeling them off the TV, it literally feels like you are ripping the screen.

Still trying to figure out if I should invest the 130-150$ more to get the TCL series 6. Waiting for the Costco pricing, pretty sure, it'll be around 720-730, since that's the Bestbuy price actually,
Secured a M55 at 599$ yesterday while waiting...

Do you think it's worth the extra money, considering i'll running Netflix and HD and a few UHD movies on a Android box?
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4481 posts
901 upvotes
Edmonton
beachbumTO wrote: Was just @ Thorncliffe Costco and saw that they have the 4 series now from Costco.
Could you please put more information in the title when posting in the future.
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2006
3631 posts
476 upvotes
Toronto
How does the TCL 6 series compare with m65 and p65 ?
====================================
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
2733 posts
3964 upvotes
Burlington (Brant/QEW) had 50" ($390) and 55" ($460). Might have had others, those were the only two I noticed.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2011
2721 posts
6216 upvotes
Mississauga
ludhi wrote: How does the TCL 6 series compare with m65 and p65 ?
Based off rtings, 6 series scored a rating of 8 overall, 7.8 for the M and 8.3 for the P. The p is the best tv out of the bunch, but the price is also the most expensive.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2011
2721 posts
6216 upvotes
Mississauga
Stevechu wrote: Still trying to figure out if I should invest the 130-150$ more to get the TCL series 6. Waiting for the Costco pricing, pretty sure, it'll be around 720-730, since that's the Bestbuy price actually,
Secured a M55 at 599$ yesterday while waiting...

Do you think it's worth the extra money, considering i'll running Netflix and HD and a few UHD movies on a Android box?
I don't think it is worth it as both TVs perform similarly.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare ... 18/613/624