[Costco] TCL 4 series TV’s 50”, 55” & 65”

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2019 8:54 pm
Tags:
Apr 24, 2014
211 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Everyone saying the TCL is a good tv.. but reviews state the 4k is not much better then the standard mode. The features are awesome they say, but the actual picture quality is not that great.

Not sure what to think :/
Mar 9, 2011
475 posts
619 upvotes
JacobS23471 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 3:13 am
What Costco did you see this at?

Also anyone know the difference between the S421 (Walmart), S423 (Costco) and S425 (Amazon)?

I know the difference between the 6 series is the remote... S615 (IR) vs S617 (RF)
I saw this tv at the Brampton Costco. There is no difference between the Costco, Walmart and Amazon one. The model numbers are slightly different as each model number is specific to a retailer.
Mar 9, 2011
475 posts
619 upvotes
Sephran wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 8:32 am
Everyone saying the TCL is a good tv.. but reviews state the 4k is not much better then the standard mode. The features are awesome they say, but the actual picture quality is not that great.

Not sure what to think :/
It all depends on what you are planning to use this TV for. If it is being used for a bedroom and you are looking for basic quality, then the value is great, but if you want more out of the TV or planning to use this as your main TV, I would personally suggest something else.

I bought the four series a few months ago from Walmart for $468 and ended up returning the TV to get the Vizio M series from Costco instead which was going for $130 more at the time. The M series offered much better HDR, blacks looked better, offered local dimming, 4 HDMI ports instead of 3 and Dolby vision.

Again, the four series is a great value, but the quality isn't nearly as comparable to other brands.

I would recommend getting the 6 series or another TV instead. But if you are on a tight budget then this one could work for you.

I forgot to mention that the four series TV packaging was simply horrible. For some weird reason, they decided to stick plastic stickers all across the screen, and when you are peeling them off the TV, it literally feels like you are ripping the screen.
Nov 16, 2013
21 posts
22 upvotes
Montr
jetertmac wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 11:58 am
It all depends on what you are planning to use this TV for. If it is being used for a bedroom and you are looking for basic quality, then the value is great, but if you want more out of the TV or planning to use this as your main TV, I would personally suggest something else.

I bought the four series a few months ago from Walmart for $468 and ended up returning the TV to get the Vizio M series from Costco instead which was going for $130 more at the time. The M series offered much better HDR, blacks looked better, offered local dimming, 4 HDMI ports instead of 3 and Dolby vision.

Again, the four series is a great value, but the quality isn't nearly as comparable to other brands.

I would recommend getting the 6 series or another TV instead. But if you are on a tight budget then this one could work for you.

I forgot to mention that the four series TV packaging was simply horrible. For some weird reason, they decided to stick plastic stickers all across the screen, and when you are peeling them off the TV, it literally feels like you are ripping the screen.

Still trying to figure out if I should invest the 130-150$ more to get the TCL series 6. Waiting for the Costco pricing, pretty sure, it'll be around 720-730, since that's the Bestbuy price actually,
Secured a M55 at 599$ yesterday while waiting...

Do you think it's worth the extra money, considering i'll running Netflix and HD and a few UHD movies on a Android box?
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4102 posts
579 upvotes
Edmonton
beachbumTO wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 7:38 pm
Was just @ Thorncliffe Costco and saw that they have the 4 series now from Costco.
Could you please put more information in the title when posting in the future.
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2006
2968 posts
222 upvotes
How does the TCL 6 series compare with m65 and p65 ?
====================================
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
1606 posts
898 upvotes
Burlington (Brant/QEW) had 50" ($390) and 55" ($460). Might have had others, those were the only two I noticed.
Mar 9, 2011
475 posts
619 upvotes
ludhi wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 1:19 pm
Based off rtings, 6 series scored a rating of 8 overall, 7.8 for the M and 8.3 for the P. The p is the best tv out of the bunch, but the price is also the most expensive.
Mar 9, 2011
475 posts
619 upvotes
Stevechu wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 12:24 pm
Still trying to figure out if I should invest the 130-150$ more to get the TCL series 6. Waiting for the Costco pricing, pretty sure, it'll be around 720-730, since that's the Bestbuy price actually,
Secured a M55 at 599$ yesterday while waiting...

Do you think it's worth the extra money, considering i'll running Netflix and HD and a few UHD movies on a Android box?
I don't think it is worth it as both TVs perform similarly.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare ... 18/613/624
Nov 16, 2013
21 posts
22 upvotes
Montr
ludhi wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 1:19 pm
The thing to consider is that even if TCL series are superior than the M series, the price of the M series are way lower, since they are in clearance.
Nov 4, 2015
30 posts
28 upvotes
Sudbury
in for 7 of the 55 inch models, thank you OP, exactly what I was looking for!
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2004
1009 posts
130 upvotes
PACIFIC
TCL 6 series TVs still have 60Hz panels, correct?
Is TCL releasing 120Hz TVs this year?
Between the TCL 6 series and Vizio P series (120 Hz), which one would you choose? They are both about the same price.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
13505 posts
3765 upvotes
Montreal
tatung wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 12:15 am
I wouldn’t put Sony in the same category as Samsung. Sony has AndroidTV which I think is the best SmartTV OS.
Sure, but that's pretty recent and there are plenty of Sony TVs out there with that horrible Sony Internet TV junk, just as there are lots of LG sets with NetCast. Samsung is the worst because all their current TVs utilize Tizen, which is like rolling the dice every day to see which apps are still usable - their support department is manned by crackheads who literally can't afford to buy a clue.

Nice screens and hardware, but I really don't think anyone is even doing Tizen software development anymore - there is probably just a guy continually deleting apps as they become incompatible with the OS.

Thankfully, most of these moron companies (except Samsung and a few others) have moved to a better non-propriety standard, but I still like Roku or Fire TV myself as there are stable and you don't see major apps disappearing overnight.
FourDollarama Shut Down My RFD Customer Experience Thread!

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)