Hot Deals

[Costco] TCL 6 Series 65-in/55-in. 4K HDR Roku Smart TV with Dolby Vision 65R613CA $829/$599 Shipped

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2020 12:37 am
Dec 1, 2005
91 posts
79 upvotes
Calgary, AB
wilsonchan96 wrote: Is it worth the upgrade over this one that is $599? Series 4 vs Series 6

https://www.costco.ca/tcl-65-in.-4k-hdr ... 74452.html
It's 10000% worth the upgrade. I have the 6 Series and love it; especially the Dolby Vision. People will complain about the panel lottery, but take that with a grain of salt because it's not as big of an issue as the internet makes it.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2014
1207 posts
873 upvotes
Toronto, ON
xsx107 wrote: This model or Hisense Q7G this year? Any suggestion?
Same dilemma, but from what I hear they are very similar in quality. The hisense has one extra HDMI port if that's of interest to you, it also has Android TV which might sway my decision, think I'll wait till mid August when I can renew my membership and get the 60 off 100 coupon for Costco friends and family and buy the tv with that. Maybe we'll see another price drop on the hisense lol
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10403 posts
4718 upvotes
Toronto
wilsonchan96 wrote: Is it worth the upgrade over this one that is $599? Series 4 vs Series 6

https://www.costco.ca/tcl-65-in.-4k-hdr ... 74452.html
Really a personal decision. It depends on how you plan to use the TV, and your personal standards.
The 6 Series has a lot of premium features that can make a big difference in picture quality. The question is do you need those features and will you see that difference. In the budget TV category, I think the TCL 4 Series and the Hisense R6 are the two best choices, if you decide to go that way. They are both decent TV's and give good performance for the dollar, unlike many other budget choices.
If you are a videophile or are highly critical of PQ then spending the extra $200 might be the prudent choice.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.
Oct 11, 2016
3 posts
3 upvotes
Better buy Samsung or LG tvs. Pay little more and get the quality.
Aug 9, 2007
46 posts
29 upvotes
Gatineau, Québec
cjokm20 wrote: Better buy Samsung or LG tvs. Pay little more and get the quality.
Don't want to start a debate but define what is quality for you.. I have seen so many people buying Samsung that regrets (tv died within less than 3 years)
Each their own experience but so far so good on my side.. I own both type of tv (expensive brand and cheaper brand) but I wouldn't worry for getting this tv as my main unit for the price.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2228 posts
1911 upvotes
Tv are just getting cheaper and cheaper.

Don't buy one unless you actually need or want one.. This is good price if you need one at this moment in time.
May 1, 2011
628 posts
320 upvotes
Toronto
The price was the same last year, great TV for the price...can't be beat.

If you are on the fence, probably a good idea to wait for the newer version coming out but I'm sure it will be over $1000.
Mar 29, 2019
213 posts
220 upvotes
raptors909 wrote: The price was the same last year, great TV for the price...can't be beat.

If you are on the fence, probably a good idea to wait for the newer version coming out but I'm sure it will be over $1000.
I feel like this was even a bit cheaper at some point. Was hoping to see Costco liquidation these off but people keep buying them :):)
Dec 8, 2017
454 posts
220 upvotes
I bought this for the same price in March of this year. Absolutely love this TV, no complaints so far!
alexricher wrote: Not that I know of. You can easily get a Bluetooth extender made for audio that you connect either with rca or optical tos.

I'm currently watching this tv and the image quality is great! I paid over 1200$ for it back in August and it was a deal. This tv is such a good deal at that price that I'm almost tempted to get another one for the basement... Hahaha
Can you elaborate on how to connect a bluetooth headphone to this tv? I bought the Bose headphones that are currently on sale, and I haven't decided yet how to connect it to the TV. This might be the best option.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10403 posts
4718 upvotes
Toronto
cjokm20 wrote: Better buy Samsung or LG tvs. Pay little more and get the quality.
Nothing wrong with LG or Samsung TVs, I have friends who love their LG and I had a Samsung plasma for many years that is still working well for friends, but that being said, buying TV's solely by name recognition, is a dangerous strategy these days. You can often spend hundreds more for a name brand that performs worse than the well rated secondary brand TV and likely won't last longer either. If said name brand is even actually made by that company. There is a lot of rebranding and name licensing these days.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.
Jul 29, 2006
84 posts
82 upvotes
Ottawa
Except when you pay a little more for Samsung you are getting a little less this year. Seems all of their models have downgraded one model level. Meaning this year's 8000 series has the specs of last year's 7000 series. Many of the specs have degraded. LG seems to be doing the same. Check out Rtings reviews and they mention it too.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1936 posts
536 upvotes
bubaglobalj wrote: I bought this for the same price in March of this year. Absolutely love this TV, no complaints so far!

Can you elaborate on how to connect a bluetooth headphone to this tv? I bought the Bose headphones that are currently on sale, and I haven't decided yet how to connect it to the TV. This might be the best option.
BT transmitter connected via optical on this same TV.. would recommend the one I am using but it suck balls -constant disconnects with 2 BT headphones.. search Amazon, many others..
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2011
1612 posts
1400 upvotes
Toronto
Haven't these gone as cheap as $600 on numerous occasions?
XBL: Swauny Jones
PSN: SwaunyJones
Aug 29, 2018
753 posts
758 upvotes
SwaunyJones wrote: Haven't these gone as cheap as $600 on numerous occasions?
Probably. Supply and demand and popularity.

Side note, BestBuy Canada sells 65R615-CA whereas BestBuy USA sells 65R625

What are the differences between the 3 if anyone knows?
Jun 10, 2011
589 posts
512 upvotes
I would go with the Hisense for Android.
fmortada wrote: This, or 65" Hisense Q8G?
Rtings has an identical mixed usage rating, but this is cheaper.

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 3 guests)

That-_-Guy__, unobtainium1