Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] TCL 6 Series 65-in/55-in. 4K HDR Roku Smart TV with Dolby Vision 65R613CA $829/$599 Shipped

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2020 12:23 pm
Member
Oct 2, 2015
314 posts
140 upvotes
Outremont, QC
SwaunyJones wrote: Haven't these gone as cheap as $600 on numerous occasions?
I bought the 55" 6-series for $499 - $20 extra coupon from Costco online during Boxing Day. It hasn't gotten anywhere near that price since. That said it's a great TV $599 is more than reasonable.

My only complaint about it, as the hardware and software are otherwise without flaw, is that it doesn't play too nice with Google Home or Alexa. The benefit of Android TV (e.g. Hisense) is a bit better integration. But many people won't care.
Sr. Member
Jun 10, 2011
608 posts
534 upvotes
Android have a lot more apps than roku and I prefer Android interface.
But you could easily buy a amazon firestick 4k or nvidia shield.
I paid 35$ during last amazon prime day for my firestick 4k

tkl wrote: Why ? I am debating between the two but I would probably prefer Android TV. Price is right though for this although it's two years old.
Jr. Member
Apr 8, 2010
142 posts
31 upvotes
Amazon has something similar but R617 instead of R613, for $849, any difference between those 2? or just one for Costco, the other one for Amazon market?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 1, 2002
8930 posts
5342 upvotes
Toronto
tubbychubby99 wrote: Amazon has something similar but R617 instead of R613, for $849, any difference between those 2? or just one for Costco, the other one for Amazon market?
They're the same, only variant is R615 from BB which has IR non-voice remote instead of RF voice remote.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2009
1082 posts
604 upvotes
I wonder how this compares to the 65Q7G for $50 more or so.

From what I gather...
- hisense is a 20 model compared to 18 for the TCL 6 series
- android TV vs Roku TV
- hisense has better grey uniformity (less dirty screen noise), TCL you're fine if you get lucky with a good panel
- TCL is slightly brighter for HDR
- TCL has 1 more HDMI port

I don't know how their picture quality compare, but I presume they're very close. I have had good experience with hisense reliability, but again I think they're close.
Jr. Member
Dec 14, 2015
118 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto, ON
65R613 or NU8000? Both are 2018 model.

Can any TV experts tell me which one is better for general usage, I can get either for similar prices now.

thanks!
Newbie
Nov 5, 2019
86 posts
87 upvotes
N8Magic wrote: Did someone find another pallet of these in the warehouse? Where are the 2019, 2020 and 2021 models?
There has only been one new version of this model and TCL elected not to sell them in Canada. Based on some BestBuy pages that went up briefly, we should be getting the next refresh.
Newbie
Nov 5, 2019
86 posts
87 upvotes
SojuSoldier89 wrote: 65R613 or NU8000? Both are 2018 model.

Can any TV experts tell me which one is better for general usage, I can get either for similar prices now.

thanks!
TCL. Unless a native 120hz refresh is super important to you.
Newbie
May 22, 2013
47 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
I bought this back in May. It died yesterday while I was watching. It made a little snap sound and the set went dead. Unplugging/resetting did nothing. The set is dead after less than 3 months.

Now about the tv:

It has a very good picture, mostly. There is a slight dirty screen effect when the scene pans across a bright area. I think it's caused by the local array dimming as the picture crosses the boundary of each zone it causes a brightness difference that creates a "grid" pattern.

The HDR is very impressive, with dolby vision the contrast is stunning and colors are super rich but still pretty well balanced. With local dimming enabled the set can go absolutely black in dark scenes. It looks like the tv is off in a totally dark room.

The builtin ROKU works great for me. Netflix and Prime work well and the interface is fast. Plex also runs great.

I had one significant issue with the optical digital output. No matter what setting I used it was unable to pass Dolby Digital to my Lexicon Pre-pro. DTS would pass, but DD either didn't even indicate 5.1 or it would say 5.1 but the rear channels were being completely deleted, not even downmixed, just discarded. Rtings says the set should pass DD and DTS but it didn't work on mine.

I called TCL for warranty, which they are currently "investigating". It could take anywhere from 7-21 days, which is unacceptable for an almost brand new tv. I have initiated a return to Costco under the 90 day satisfaction guarantee. For now I won't be getting another set.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2009
1082 posts
604 upvotes
JmanGTA wrote: I bought this back in May. It died yesterday while I was watching. It made a little snap sound and the set went dead. Unplugging/resetting did nothing. The set is dead after less than 3 months.

Now about the tv:

It has a very good picture, mostly. There is a slight dirty screen effect when the scene pans across a bright area. I think it's caused by the local array dimming as the picture crosses the boundary of each zone it causes a brightness difference that creates a "grid" pattern.

The HDR is very impressive, with dolby vision the contrast is stunning and colors are super rich but still pretty well balanced. With local dimming enabled the set can go absolutely black in dark scenes. It looks like the tv is off in a totally dark room.

The builtin ROKU works great for me. Netflix and Prime work well and the interface is fast. Plex also runs great.

I had one significant issue with the optical digital output. No matter what setting I used it was unable to pass Dolby Digital to my Lexicon Pre-pro. DTS would pass, but DD either didn't even indicate 5.1 or it would say 5.1 but the rear channels were being completely deleted, not even downmixed, just discarded. Rtings says the set should pass DD and DTS but it didn't work on mine.

I called TCL for warranty, which they are currently "investigating". It could take anywhere from 7-21 days, which is unacceptable for an almost brand new tv. I have initiated a return to Costco under the 90 day satisfaction guarantee. For now I won't be getting another set.
Thanks ... and this doesn't seem to be the first case where TCL TV fails prematurely. At the end of the day it's a bit of a draw from the straw, but generally it sounds like Hisense has better track record for reliability over TCL, which is still better than Vizio.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 1, 2008
14460 posts
3565 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
My dad was debating between this and Vizio M series, but it seems they don't sell Vizio anymore.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 22, 2004
2892 posts
430 upvotes
geokilla wrote: My dad was debating between this and Vizio M series, but it seems they don't sell Vizio anymore.
I have both. TCL by a mile
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2009
1082 posts
604 upvotes
Vizio has been known for VERY BAD reliability
Sr. Member
Feb 25, 2004
631 posts
11 upvotes
geokilla wrote: My dad was debating between this and Vizio M series, but it seems they don't sell Vizio anymore.
Costco Markham West store has 65 Vizio M for $849 for long time.
Sr. Member
Feb 25, 2004
631 posts
11 upvotes
number17 wrote: Vizio has been known for VERY BAD reliability
Really? My 2018 Vizio M55 is still working well. I didn't purchase extended warranty, my MC card should cover additional 2 years.
Sr. Member
Feb 25, 2004
631 posts
11 upvotes
killbillvol1 wrote: I have both. TCL by a mile
Are they still working or both have issues? My LG 60 3D TV screen was flickering/flashing just after2 year warranty. I bought it from CC, not Costco. I'm still trying to fix the backlight...
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 22, 2004
2892 posts
430 upvotes
sunca wrote: Are they still working or both have issues? My LG 60 3D TV screen was flickering/flashing just after2 year warranty. I bought it from CC, not Costco. I'm still trying to fix the backlight...
The Vizio is a year and a half old, the TCL is maybe a month old. The Vizio software frequently glitches (from the beginning) and my soundbar HDMI ARC audio keeps getting messed up. Both work without major failures but the Vizio software is kind of pathetic and unwieldy. The TCL has been rock solid from day one, I don't think I've experienced one error message til date.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
2350 posts
994 upvotes
Montreal, QC
N8Magic wrote: Did someone find another pallet of these in the warehouse? Where are the 2019, 2020 and 2021 models?
the pandemic happened which is why we're not getting the 2019 models. was set to release around March 2020 i think, if based on the previous 2018 model release date in Canada. at least, we're getting the 2020 model
Sr. Member
Feb 25, 2004
631 posts
11 upvotes
killbillvol1 wrote: The Vizio is a year and a half old, the TCL is maybe a month old. The Vizio software frequently glitches (from the beginning) and my soundbar HDMI ARC audio keeps getting messed up. Both work without major failures but the Vizio software is kind of pathetic and unwieldy. The TCL has been rock solid from day one, I don't think I've experienced one error message til date.
I have Vizio soundbar with Vizio M55-F0, sometimes they just lost connectivity. Vizio software is not solid, sometimes it needs software reset. That's why I didn't buy the 2019 M one in Costco.

Top