Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] TCL 6 Series 65-in/55-in. 4K HDR Roku Smart TV with Dolby Vision 65R613CA $829/$599 Shipped

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2020 12:23 pm
Jun 3, 2013
571 posts
645 upvotes
Toronto
killbillvol1 wrote: The Vizio is a year and a half old, the TCL is maybe a month old. The Vizio software frequently glitches (from the beginning) and my soundbar HDMI ARC audio keeps getting messed up. Both work without major failures but the Vizio software is kind of pathetic and unwieldy. The TCL has been rock solid from day one, I don't think I've experienced one error message til date.
I've got the same issues with my 2019 Vizio M series... I just have to have to connected via optical as well because ARC isn't reliable. The software also isn't great, but I'm an AppleTV user so I don't really care. At the end of the day, my tv has been solid for 6 months, and picture quality is really excellent (especially for the cost). If this TCL was available at the time for the same price, I probably would have bought it.

I've got the extended warranty; I'm sure I'll end up cashing in on it. It worked out brilliantly last time.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2009
1082 posts
604 upvotes
sunca wrote: Really? My 2018 Vizio M55 is still working well. I didn't purchase extended warranty, my MC card should cover additional 2 years.
I think all of these manufacturers (or even Tier 1 TV's ... I had a Samsung TV that failed after just 3 years) have good and bad TV sets. It's just a matter of how likely you are going to end up with a TV that fails prematurely ... and from what I gather, TCL is not as solid as Hisense but is better than Vizio.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8933 posts
5351 upvotes
Toronto
grca73 wrote: Still selling 2018 model?
Yup never released the 2019 in Canada, and 2020 models not due out until later this year.
Oct 2, 2007
745 posts
250 upvotes
Montreal
bubaglobalj wrote: I bought this for the same price in March of this year. Absolutely love this TV, no complaints so far!

Can you elaborate on how to connect a bluetooth headphone to this tv? I bought the Bose headphones that are currently on sale, and I haven't decided yet how to connect it to the TV. This might be the best option.
Sure thing, I got myself a device that can connect my Bluetooth headphones using an rca connection. Something a bit like this : https://www.amazon.ca/TaoTronics-Blueto ... S9AGP2RYMN

Note that I just took a random item on Amazon as I got mine from aliexpress a while back. The idea is you'll plug this device in your headphone jack of your tv (usually near the hdmi inputs) and output your sound through this channel. Then, you'll pair your headphones with your new device and you'll enjoy wireless tv/receiver with good sound quality. Note that AptX, especially low latency AptX, is important to avoid having too much audio delays. Again, this can be fixed by adding a virtual audio delay on your tv/receiver/device.
Nov 22, 2014
118 posts
38 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
Man I'm tempted to get this but might wait for the new TCL r635 with QLED and the 2.1 HDMI VRR features. Ugh decisions!
Jun 2, 2012
128 posts
114 upvotes
Ottawa
Another option: If you use the built-in Roku paired with the app on your phone you can connect to Bluetooth sound via your phone.
alexricher wrote: Sure thing, I got myself a device that can connect my Bluetooth headphones using an rca connection. Something a bit like this : https://www.amazon.ca/TaoTronics-Blueto ... S9AGP2RYMN

Note that I just took a random item on Amazon as I got mine from aliexpress a while back. The idea is you'll plug this device in your headphone jack of your tv (usually near the hdmi inputs) and output your sound through this channel. Then, you'll pair your headphones with your new device and you'll enjoy wireless tv/receiver with good sound quality. Note that AptX, especially low latency AptX, is important to avoid having too much audio delays. Again, this can be fixed by adding a virtual audio delay on your tv/receiver/device.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8933 posts
5351 upvotes
Toronto
Spidersnake wrote: Man I'm tempted to get this but might wait for the new TCL r635 with QLED and the 2.1 HDMI VRR features. Ugh decisions!
Yeah with those features at $1300 may even blow the Hisense Q9G out of the water which is $1800 right now.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2016
1704 posts
1131 upvotes
Desperadude wrote: Really tempting but dont really need it. My 1080p 55” still works fine ☹️
same, my samsung 1080p 58 inch works fine after 7 years. not sure what to do with it.
Im waiting until xbox x series or ps5 to buy a new tv
Nov 22, 2014
118 posts
38 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
If this goes down to $700 then I think I'll bite. Been $830 for a long time now.
May 29, 2017
486 posts
217 upvotes
Canada
Android > Roku

I am waiting for the hisense to come down a little more in price for the 65" so I can grab one. Not going to bite the bullet no matter how cheap the Roku ones get.
Oct 11, 2010
966 posts
317 upvotes
Charlottetown
Samshares wrote: Android > Roku

I am waiting for the hisense to come down a little more in price for the 65" so I can grab one. Not going to bite the bullet no matter how cheap the Roku ones get.
I recently picked up a cheap roku TV to use for workout room. Found out that the app I use is supported by Roku but not available in Canada and you can't chromecast to Roku either
May 29, 2017
486 posts
217 upvotes
Canada
jfall wrote: I recently picked up a cheap roku TV to use for workout room. Found out that the app I use is supported by Roku but not available in Canada and you can't chromecast to Roku either
Too much of a closed ecosystem with no option to sideload, gives me the hibbie jibbies
Nov 28, 2019
381 posts
177 upvotes
Seagull21 wrote: Solid deal, appears to be online only.

Do not buy this without the $60 warranty. It will pay out 10x (trust me, it worked out for me on a Haier).
I don't have this TV but I agree with you 100%. I also had a Haier and it lasted only 18 months. It was covered by the Costco free warranty but I was till happy I had the extended warranty as if it would have crapped out 5 months later I would have been out of luck. I also got the extended warranty cost back since I never used it, so that was a double win.

In the end, I know my TV is guaranteed to last at least 5 years. If it breaks after 5 years I probably will not be too sad as there probably will much better TV as that time.
Jun 3, 2013
571 posts
645 upvotes
Toronto
jimbob12341 wrote: I don't have this TV but I agree with you 100%. I also had a Haier and it lasted only 18 months. It was covered by the Costco free warranty but I was till happy I had the extended warranty as if it would have crapped out 5 months later I would have been out of luck. I also got the extended warranty cost back since I never used it, so that was a double win.

In the end, I know my TV is guaranteed to last at least 5 years. If it breaks after 5 years I probably will not be too sad as there probably will much better TV as that time.
I also got a double win - had some weird backlighting and pixel issues progressively get worse in year 3. Cost cut my a cheque for full price, and didn’t even take my old tv back. I sold it on kijiji with full disclosure for a heavy discount.
Nov 28, 2019
381 posts
177 upvotes
Seagull21 wrote: I also got a double win - had some weird backlighting and pixel issues progressively get worse in year 3. Cost cut my a cheque for full price, and didn’t even take my old tv back. I sold it on kijiji with full disclosure for a heavy discount.
Wow that is crazy that they did not even want it back. I had some weird issue where the picture would flicker like crazy and then the picture would disappear then reappear and then disappear. They wanted the TV back though.
Nov 14, 2013
101 posts
144 upvotes
Winnipeg
What's a good mount for the 55"
Feb 6, 2010
139 posts
23 upvotes
Norfolk County
Anyone have thoughts between this and the Hisense Q7G? Almost the same price.