Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] TCL 6 Series 65-in/55-in. 4K HDR Roku Smart TV with Dolby Vision 65R613CA $829/$599 Shipped

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2020 12:23 pm
Sep 10, 2010
137 posts
110 upvotes
RIP. Got delivery today. Opened after work and screen is damaged. Let’s see if Costco is as good as everyone says.
Images
  • 3C3C1808-FD88-4978-8000-4457CE21709D.jpeg
Nov 8, 2005
128 posts
186 upvotes
Halifax
Excel86 wrote: RIP. Got delivery today. Opened after work and screen is damaged. Let’s see if Costco is as good as everyone says.
I'll raise you (this is from Amazon, but same TV)
Images
  • 2020-10-23 17.02.03.jpg
Apr 14, 2010
215 posts
57 upvotes
I got the 65 inch from Amazon.
Parents think its too big so will sell at cost if someone is interested. 760 inc tax. Otherwise I will return to amazon.

I am located in Richmond, BC
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2004
6019 posts
1010 upvotes
While vertical banding has not way to fix it, I read it often disappears after 100hrs of use. Also read TVs over 65 inches has a high chance to have vertical banding. Should we return it immediately after spotting some
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
11705 posts
6617 upvotes
Markham
Excel86 wrote: RIP. Got delivery today. Opened after work and screen is damaged. Let’s see if Costco is as good as everyone says.
Stewx wrote: I'll raise you (this is from Amazon, but same TV)
Sometimes these delivery/warehouse guys really don't give a F. Worst part is you gotta wait again for delivery. If it were me, I'd be asking/suggesting I should get a discount for inconvenience. [You don't ask, you won't get anything].

The guy who delivered my 70" TV. He picked it up like nothing and carried it into my house by himself.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4918 posts
3905 upvotes
Edmonton
Stewx wrote: I'll raise you (this is from Amazon, but same TV)
This sucks! such a waste of time to repackage and deal with customer support, not to mentioned environmental waste.

When I ordered from Costco two years ago they shipped via UPS and the guy brought a proper trolley and was careful. When I ordered from Amazon this year it, they used some random service and the guy just slammed it on the floor. I think it really just depends on the shipper and particular delivery guy. Thankfully both TVs survived.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Sep 11, 2020
220 posts
401 upvotes
fatestkid wrote: This sucks! such a waste of time to repackage and deal with customer support, not to mentioned environmental waste.

When I ordered from Costco two years ago they shipped via UPS and the guy brought a proper trolley and was careful. When I ordered from Amazon this year it, they used some random service and the guy just slammed it on the floor. I think it really just depends on the shipper and particular delivery guy. Thankfully both TVs survived.
Got mine from amazon shipped through Ceva. At first they told me I had to go down my building to pick up the TV as due to covid they are not allowed to go inside . To my surprise the delivery guy brought a trolley I was about to take it from him and he was like : what are you doing ? no leave it don't worry I will bring it up for you.

I consider myself lucky because even the box was not damaged , came with 3 white straps too, TV still had plastic wrap that I did not even bother removing yet , had no issue not even a single scratch and I also hit the panel lottery (aside from slight dark corners that are barely noticeable) . Been using it for a week now and I consider it my best purchase this year.

I am sorry many of you did not get the same experience.
I buy what I need , but mostly what I don't need #RFDlife
Sep 10, 2010
137 posts
110 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote: Sometimes these delivery/warehouse guys really don't give a F. Worst part is you gotta wait again for delivery. If it were me, I'd be asking/suggesting I should get a discount for inconvenience. [You don't ask, you won't get anything].

The guy who delivered my 70" TV. He picked it up like nothing and carried it into my house by himself.
I guess I should ask for a discount. Wouldn’t hurt. It’s going to be another week before I get another TV. Does suck especially since the panel lottery is still at play. Who knows if I get a good one or need another return? Appreciate the condolences from the RFD community haha
Oct 8, 2020
299 posts
270 upvotes
I am so lost.
I need a 55" TV. I have $1,000.
What is the best bang for the 1,000 bucks?
Just for general viewing, no gaming.

Maybe, the Hisense 55H9G?
- - - > Life is a waste of time.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2007
1412 posts
367 upvotes
Bedford
NikolaZrinski wrote: I am so lost.
I need a 55" TV. I have $1,000.
What is the best bang for the 1,000 bucks?
Just for general viewing, no gaming.

Maybe, the Hisense 55H9G?
Black Friday.
Sep 10, 2010
137 posts
110 upvotes
I’d love to even get to play the panel lottery but I’m in a different one. TV#2 damaged as well. So frustrating.
I’ll ask for a discount but not sure how it can be better than potential Black Friday pricing. Looks like I have to wait another 7 days probably.
Images
  • DA8DB896-5683-4208-93D6-4D33942D0167.jpeg
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
2386 posts
2517 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Buy now, price match during black Friday, Costco will do it
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2553 posts
3284 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Man, sorry to everyone who received busted panels, but a big sigh of relief I wasn't able to grab any of the ONN TVs (42, 50, 65") or 55" TCL from Walmart.com, it would have been a ball buster to ship them back to 'murica, in the past I would have just drove it back across the border to Yankee Wally World but with Covid that ain't possible.

@hill15
Sep 10, 2010
137 posts
110 upvotes
junglemage666 wrote: Buy now, price match during black Friday, Costco will do it
I was within the window before to do it too though. Better get a gift card or something.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
2386 posts
2517 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Excel86 wrote: I was within the window before to do it too though. Better get a gift card or something.
Return policy is 90 days, that means price match too, that 1 month price match doesn't stick. They usually will do it for you even if more than a month, they rather refund the difference, instead of have you return it and then purchase again a new one for cheaper.

*** If for some reason the are adamant to not give the refund in price... Just return it and buy the other, it's a hassle, sure, but don't give them the satisfaction. I once got hit with a $500 price difference in just 2 weeks time... They wouldn't reduce, because that store did not have stock so couldn't reduce.. I said okay I'll go home and return it, the lady right away said they can do as store credit the difference, I said I paid by debit... She said okay debit. I mean I was fine with Costco cash card as I'm gunna use it sometime anyways, lol
Last edited by junglemage666 on Nov 12th, 2020 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 20, 2019
72 posts
60 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
HotDealFreak wrote: Got mine from amazon shipped through Ceva. At first they told me I had to go down my building to pick up the TV as due to covid they are not allowed to go inside . To my surprise the delivery guy brought a trolley I was about to take it from him and he was like : what are you doing ? no leave it don't worry I will bring it up for you.

I consider myself lucky because even the box was not damaged , came with 3 white straps too, TV still had plastic wrap that I did not even bother removing yet , had no issue not even a single scratch and I also hit the panel lottery (aside from slight dark corners that are barely noticeable) . Been using it for a week now and I consider it my best purchase this year.

I am sorry many of you did not get the same experience.
Bought mine from Costco and got delivered by UPS and used a trolley to drop in the front door. I also noticed the slight dark corners. Is that normal? I do not think is it worth exchanging with a new one.
Koodo $45/mo 10GB - S10 CPO
Fido $55/mo 11GB - S20 FE + $300 WM Gift Card
Shaw $45 300/15MBPS + $250 Bill Credits
Sep 10, 2010
137 posts
110 upvotes
junglemage666 wrote: Return policy is 90 days, that means price match too, that 1 month price match doesn't stick. They usually will do it for you even if more than a month, they rather refund the difference, instead of have you return it and then purchase again a new one for cheaper.
Yup I bought it online October 28 to be within the 30 days for Black Friday and cyber Monday. Knowing sometimes they’re sticklers online for price match and will make you return it to get it but also the option to do that for Boxing Day sales. I mean now I just need a panel that’s not damaged lol 0/2. So pissed off...going to be another 7 days. Taken the excitement right out of the purchase.
Sep 11, 2020
220 posts
401 upvotes
ReginaldB13317 wrote: Bought mine from Costco and got delivered by UPS and used a trolley to drop in the front door. I also noticed the slight dark corners. Is that normal? I do not think is it worth exchanging with a new one.
They all have the same corners , it has more to do with the type of the panel used than the TV itself apparently , and believe me when I say no one will notice , when you are watching anything your eyes look in the middle of the screen rather than on the corners.
I buy what I need , but mostly what I don't need #RFDlife
Nov 6, 2013
381 posts
230 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I'm surprised they can afford to have this many shipping issues. I bought the 55" on Prime Day and it had a big hole in the box upon delivery (of course I didn't see it until the guy had left). Was going to wait till BF to see competing deals and see if it has a crack, but I decided to buy a 65" at regular price. Will return the 55" one now, but I hate the idea that I'm giving up a deal, lol...

Also, they are sending the 65" through a local company, whereas the 55" came through UPS. Maybe they've gotten enough complaints?