Hot Deals

[Costco] TCL 6 Series 65-in/55-in. 4K HDR Roku Smart TV with Dolby Vision 65R613CA $829/$599 Shipped

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 26th, 2020 10:13 am
Sep 19, 2014
20 posts
31 upvotes
Saint-Andre-d'Argent…
599$ for the 55inch isn't an excellent deal.

It's basically the same than the one sold by Amazon on prime Day for 499$ but you get 2nd year warranty in extra.

I bought one on Amazon , can't wait to test it :)
Aug 8, 2010
254 posts
171 upvotes
Quebec
I just received my set....and it's too big for me. Never did any returns on Amazon, but I expect this to be a pain.
Mar 16, 2018
708 posts
801 upvotes
Hamilton
vashby wrote: I purchased the TCL 6 series 55". Any suggestions for a reasonably priced soundbar that would go well with it?
Here's a couple well reviewed models to keep your eyes on for price drops:

https://www.amazon.ca/Sony-HTS100F-Surr ... B0797MY6JB $150 is the sale price
https://www.amazon.ca/Polk-Audio-Ultra- ... B07H1B3PY9
More info: https://www.rtings.com/soundbar/reviews/best/budget
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8725 posts
5100 upvotes
Toronto
jslabonte wrote: I just received my set....and it's too big for me. Never did any returns on Amazon, but I expect this to be a pain.
Not sure what your upgrading from, but sometimes it takes a couple days to adjust. I'm sitting 8ft from my 65" and find it ideal.
Aug 8, 2010
254 posts
171 upvotes
Quebec
Angultra wrote: Not sure what your upgrading from, but sometimes it takes a couple days to adjust. I'm sitting 8ft from my 65" and find it ideal.
That could be it. I’m sitting 7ft from my 55”, coming from a 37”.
Oct 20, 2010
533 posts
145 upvotes
my TCL 65R613 has been showing a couple of issues and i will be returning it/exchanging it.
first issue: a couple of times while watching something, screen went black and then returned to normal.
second issue: twice it took a long time turning on, almost liek a boot loop for a good 30seconds.

Image quality is fantastic, cant complain.

I will be going to Costco to return/exchange, my only question is if i get another 65R613 or the newer 65S533(which they had plenty in stock.
I have 15days till the 90 days are up.

Would i notice the the s533 not being as good as the 613?
main advantage of the s533 for me would be the extra hdmi.
Oct 14, 2010
73 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
bugsbunny01 wrote: my TCL 65R613 has been showing a couple of issues and i will be returning it/exchanging it.
first issue: a couple of times while watching something, screen went black and then returned to normal.
second issue: twice it took a long time turning on, almost liek a boot loop for a good 30seconds.

I will be going to Costco to return/exchange, my only question is if i get another 65R613 or the newer 65S533(which they had plenty in stock.

I'm no expert, but I opted for this 2019 6 series because it has better brightness, which supposedly is ideal for watching HDR content. I've heard the 2020 5 series has overall worse brightness, and is still susceptible to potential panel issues like all TCL tv's seem to be. I believe they have the same refresh rate as well. So there isn't much advantage to going with the newer 5 series, other than it being a newer model. From what I gather, anyway.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2009
1121 posts
395 upvotes
Laval
bugsbunny01 wrote: my TCL 65R613 has been showing a couple of issues and i will be returning it/exchanging it.

I've been debating/researching between a couple of TV's and in regards to TCL's the order seems to be TCL R635 > R613 > S533/35. So maybe spend a little bit more and get the 2020 Series 6 or try your luck at another 613. But it seems like S533 would be a step back from what you have.
Sep 10, 2010
126 posts
98 upvotes
Think this price goes back on Black Friday? I’m holding off to buy within the 30 day price match window I think.
Dec 4, 2007
150 posts
11 upvotes
I got the 65 inch from amazon and it's scheduled to be delivered today by CEVA. Have people got their orders delayed? Still see no update or the "out for delivery" status change.
Sep 26, 2010
32 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
risktaker91 wrote: I got the 65 inch from amazon and it's scheduled to be delivered today by CEVA. Have people got their orders delayed? Still see no update or the "out for delivery" status change.

Mine is delayed, it was supposed to be delivered by ceva yesterday. i had to call ceva today and they rescheduled it for tomorrow. the rep on the phone said its sitting on the dock and didnt know why it wasnt send out.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2002
2024 posts
429 upvotes
Central Ontario
My parents have an older TCL 50" that has had similar symptoms a few times, but doesn't seem to occur very often. Their TV is now more than a year old and still under Costco warranty, so it hasn't been a concern. I wonder if it's a firmware bug or something?
Dec 4, 2007
150 posts
11 upvotes
posse wrote: Mine is delayed, it was supposed to be delivered by ceva yesterday. i had to call ceva today and they rescheduled it for tomorrow. the rep on the phone said its sitting on the dock and didnt know why it wasnt send out.
Thanks. I just called them and they said the online order didn't feed through to them or something and had to reschedule it for tomorrow as well. Sucks, but at least just a day late.
Jan 22, 2006
169 posts
25 upvotes
risktaker91 wrote: Thanks. I just called them and they said the online order didn't feed through to them or something and had to reschedule it for tomorrow as well. Sucks, but at least just a day late.
Mine is delayed, it was supposed to be delivered by ceva yesterday. Will have to call them too!

Thread Information

There are currently 7 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 4 guests)

metallickirby, Adster, gkarthick2000