Hot Deals

[Costco] TCL 6 Series 65-in/55-in. 4K HDR Roku Smart TV with Dolby Vision 65R613CA $829/$599 Shipped

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2020 1:29 am
Jun 10, 2011
60 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
ownthesky wrote: You should call CEVA, they were sitting on the package waiting for me to call them because they are using another subcontractor for the last mile (yep, Amazon contracts CEVA that in turn contracts someone else lol).
Do you have CEVA's contact number? TIA.
Sep 15, 2011
972 posts
502 upvotes
HUNTSVILLE
darkhorz1 wrote: I am running IPTV through firestick on 65 inch. I plugged the firestick into HDMI ARC port but cannot control the volume and tv power on/off buttons through firestick remote.

Also, IPTV requires color buttons like blue/red/green/yellow to sort or favorite listings. Any idea how to do it, since they don't exist either on firestick remote or Roku remote.
Also unable to control these with my Firestick which I find strange. I have 4 other TVs in the house and Firestick is able to control all of them seamlessly. Oh well, I'm happy I was able to get my Firestick remote controlling the volume on my Edifier speakers at least : )
Aug 16, 2020
24 posts
9 upvotes
Jhunbj wrote: Do you have CEVA's contact number? TIA.
CEVA Logistics Téléphone (au Canada) : 1 800 668-6870
Jan 12, 2007
224 posts
62 upvotes
London
Does anyone know, or has anyone heard if Costco is getting the TCL R635 model? Preferably the 75" version.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
2741 posts
1555 upvotes
Victoria
lrjm wrote: Does anyone know, or has anyone heard if Costco is getting the TCL R635 model? Preferably the 75" version.
No one knows
Jan 24, 2016
39 posts
18 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Unfortunately can't justify buying a new TV right now & have a $20 off $100 code expiring tomorrow so here its! NZOE5PF
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2003
4537 posts
628 upvotes
I'm sure this has been posted before, but I just received my 65R617-CA from Prime Day. Is there a good post that details the steps to go through to check the panel for defects? Thanks in advance.
Jul 13, 2006
278 posts
52 upvotes
Ottawa
Kohanz wrote: I'm sure this has been posted before, but I just received my 65R617-CA from Prime Day. Is there a good post that details the steps to go through to check the panel for defects? Thanks in advance.
I'm interested as well! Just got my panel today.
Jun 10, 2011
60 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
I called the # that was posted for CEVA, but it just hangs up. I called amazon.ca and they contacted ceva. TV is now schedule to be delivered tomorrow. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8758 posts
5134 upvotes
Toronto
omar613 wrote: I'm interested as well! Just got my panel today.
Here's a good test for DSE, don't expect perfection but can see if any major issues:

Jan 2, 2008
24 posts
7 upvotes
I bought the 65” in mid August. Love the tv but have noticed the soap opera effect. I’ve adjusted the settings, done factory resets, accessed the secret menu”, everything I could fine online to fix the issue but there seems to be constant soap effect.

All of the above sometimes helps but only temporarily. Based on some google searches this is a widespread issue and really seemed to pop up with the 9.3 update.

Anyone else have his experience? Anyone find a fix? I’ve tried just about ever Hong I could find online. I’ve got till mid November to return it.

Love the tv and picture quality but the soap opera effect is killing it for me.
Jun 28, 2012
46 posts
36 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Turn "Action Smoothing" to off under Picture Settings. You have to do this for each profile individually.
irusli wrote: I bought the 65” in mid August. Love the tv but have noticed the soap opera effect. I’ve adjusted the settings, done factory resets, accessed the secret menu”, everything I could fine online to fix the issue but there seems to be constant soap effect.

All of the above sometimes helps but only temporarily. Based on some google searches this is a widespread issue and really seemed to pop up with the 9.3 update.

Anyone else have his experience? Anyone find a fix? I’ve tried just about ever Hong I could find online. I’ve got till mid November to return it.

Love the tv and picture quality but the soap opera effect is killing it for me.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8758 posts
5134 upvotes
Toronto
rohitsid wrote: Turn "Action Smoothing" to off under Picture Settings. You have to do this for each profile individually.
Yup have to do it for each input and picture mode.

One time it bugged out and was stuck on, but there's a little reset button near the inputs (soft reset) that fixed it.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4855 posts
3641 upvotes
Edmonton
darkhorz1 wrote: I am running IPTV through firestick on 65 inch. I plugged the firestick into HDMI ARC port but cannot control the volume and tv power on/off buttons through firestick remote.

Also, IPTV requires color buttons like blue/red/green/yellow to sort or favorite listings. Any idea how to do it, since they don't exist either on firestick remote or Roku remote.
Turn on CEC from firestick settings and Roku settings. By the way all the posts have CEC so you can plug it in any HDMI.

ARC is audio return channel, which is used to soundbars.

As for remote I think for stick supports Bluetooth remotes so you'll have but another remote that has the buttons you want.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Jan 2, 2008
24 posts
7 upvotes
rohitsid wrote: Turn "Action Smoothing" to off under Picture Settings. You have to do this for each profile individually.
I tried that. no success.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)