Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Thermoflask - Costco 2 for $26 - New Colours this Year

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2020 12:18 am
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12964 upvotes
iflyplanes wrote: The real brand is Hydroflask. Based on YouTube the Takeya/Thermoflask performs identically, with other cheap Walmart/Canadian Tire/Winners brands performing less well.
Do the cheap ones use the same lid?

If the Takeya/Thermoflask perform identically I may just do a test vs the Monoprice one.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
1772 posts
1346 upvotes
Ottawa
death_hawk wrote: Do the cheap ones use the same lid?

If the Takeya/Thermoflask perform identically I may just do a test vs the Monoprice one.
Nope, each brand seems to use their own lid, even though the bottles appear to be almost identical.
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
14713 posts
2709 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
iflyplanes wrote: The real brand is Hydroflask. Based on YouTube the Takeya/Thermoflask performs identically, with other cheap Walmart/Canadian Tire/Winners brands performing less well.
Yes.

This is 2nd tier, and if Costco is behind it, it will last.

3rd tier ones are the Manna, and others that you see at Canadian Tire, Walmart etc. Have yet to see any Monoprice branded but I’m assuming it’s like white label bottles that you can also get for free from corporate or event give aways

Avoid Manna as they lose their insulation after a little while and they provide zero warranty, even though lifetime warranty is advertised. Waste of money.
Penalty Box
Feb 23, 2004
5583 posts
1705 upvotes
I picked these up from a USA Costco at the beginning of the year. They weren’t out in Canada yet.

They were on sale for $17.99, which I thought was a good price. After doing the conversion, that was a slightly better price than this one.

Good product.
Images
  • 75395F35-BBD6-449A-A1E7-E6328D9BDC9D.png
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
9087 posts
3898 upvotes
Toronto
toRFDer wrote: Are the grey/blue and white/green the only colour pairs available?
yes
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
9087 posts
3898 upvotes
Toronto
crazychick wrote: Is this in stores? For cheaper?
online is cheaper by $1
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12964 upvotes
iflyplanes wrote: Nope, each brand seems to use their own lid, even though the bottles appear to be almost identical.
Ah. The monoprice uses the same thread as the Takeya. In fact... outside of the squared off base, you'd never know it was different.

weedb0y wrote:
3rd tier ones are the Manna, and others that you see at Canadian Tire, Walmart etc.
Manna was at Costco for like 15 minutes but they didn't last too long.
Have yet to see any Monoprice branded but I’m assuming it’s like white label bottles that you can also get for free from corporate or event give aways
They're somewhat new and probably white label. Same design as Takeya and uses the same thread for lids.
I've never compared performance 1:1 but I can say that they do keep stuff cold for hours.
Jan 1, 2015
553 posts
444 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Nibbsie wrote: These are the ones I ordered!

ALINK Reusable Smoothie Straws, 12” Extra Long Flexible Silicone Replacement Straws for Tall Travel Mug, 32 oz 40 oz YETI/RTIC Tumbler, Ozark Trail, Tervis, Set of 6 with Cleaning Brush https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07BJ56BP4/ref ... jFbER3XDMS
Having a straw would be perfect with the bottle. Can you provide an update on how well the straw would fit in the bottle when you receive it?
Dec 31, 2018
94 posts
179 upvotes
FrugalConsumer wrote: Having a straw would be perfect with the bottle. Can you provide an update on how well the straw would fit in the bottle when you receive it?
Sure, my bottles are *maybe* arriving today? The email said scheduled delivery for today but the ups site says it hasn't even been picked up yet lol so who knows! And the straws sometime later this week.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
1772 posts
1346 upvotes
Ottawa
Nibbsie wrote: Sure, my bottles are *maybe* arriving today? The email said scheduled delivery for today but the ups site says it hasn't even been picked up yet lol so who knows! And the straws sometime later this week.
UPS is backed up for weeks, I've been waiting on stuff that was supposed to be delivered mid-late July. They've even stopped bothering with updating the scans now.
Dec 31, 2018
94 posts
179 upvotes
iflyplanes wrote: UPS is backed up for weeks, I've been waiting on stuff that was supposed to be delivered mid-late July. They've even stopped bothering with updating the scans now.
Ah, lovely!