• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2019 10:09 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
2183 posts
825 upvotes
muffin_man wrote:
Nov 28th, 2018 3:40 pm
Stainless steel leaches chromium, which is toxic in high concentration. Stop using stainless cookware and utensils as well? Stop fear mongering.
Chromium is very expensive. That's why made in China stainless steel still rusts, they skim on chromium. You never have to worry about too much chromium from made in China stuffs.
"A Eruchîn, ú-dano i faelas a hyn an uben tanatha le faelas!" -- Aragorn
Hath no loyalty to any ISP, for you shall receive none!
Aug 13, 2009
9 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
arbalest23 wrote:
Dec 1st, 2018 11:47 pm
It seems to be OOS everywhere. If you really want one, I still got one extra but it's missing the rice scoop if you are ok with that. The other complete one - another fellow rfder asked first so he can have that one.
can you contact me on this, i am interested
Aug 8, 2016
21 posts
6 upvotes
There are at least 10 in stock in Guelph as of tonight.
Nov 3, 2011
286 posts
60 upvotes
I used to use this cooker. But now i changed to instant pot. This cooker only cook well for good rice. The instant pot can cook all kinds of rice to good meal. Interm of quality, the instant pot is also more durable.
May 24, 2003
767 posts
119 upvotes
Didn't check if this price was mentioned in this thread yet but I just picked one up at dartmouth crossing for $89.88! There was only 1 left (after I grabbed mine) and there was no price tag with it; it was mixed in with the $150 Panasonic ones.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2011
1774 posts
347 upvotes
EDMONTON
yesstyle wrote:
Nov 28th, 2018 9:48 am
i cook rice in my IP and rice comes out the same as my made in Japan Zojirushi. Just use the pot-in-pot method.
This. IP cooks rice just fine. You guys are just fancy with your rice cookers. I lol'd at paying so much for a ride cooker. Lmao
RFD Etiquette:
- If you are going to shoot down a deal by referencing an expired sale or past deals, please provide us with a working time machine!
Nov 13, 2005
167 posts
119 upvotes
Calgary
Tadalafil wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2018 1:36 am
I've heard about the "finger" method but also wondered about different finger sizes...do people's fingertip lengths not vary that much? I've also heard it two ways, fingernail or to the first knuckle--which one is correct? Does this actually work with any quantity of rice?

Can someone just give me an exact measurement of what it's supposed to be in cm/inches?

For me, its 1.5-1.6cm and rice is usually perfect. Can depend on age of the rice, older dryer rice will need a bit more water. Wife prefers then hand flat on top and covers the top of her hand which works out to similar 1.5-1.6cm since her hand would displace more volume and cover the top of her hand.

When we ran a commercial kitchen and made sushi for lots of supermarkets. We marked off a chopstick. Tip touches the top level of the rice and make a mark on it. You can play with it but it'll be the same each time, finger is just faster for me.
Jul 4, 2005
732 posts
63 upvotes
Real talk, what’s so good about these rice cookers? I’ve been using generic $20 chinese cookers my whole life, what have I been missing out on?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)