Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Tilley LTM6 Airflo Hat - $49.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 30th, 2020 5:12 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Newbie
Jan 18, 2007
67 posts
148 upvotes
Vaughan

[Costco] Tilley LTM6 Airflo Hat - $49.99

Not sure if it's a "hot" deal, bit significantly cheaper than other retailers. Only about 100 available. Limited time.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jul 9th, 2020 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed retailer field so it's better for searching
105 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2015
3077 posts
2899 upvotes
Alberta
A great deal, but only one color (white). I have the LTM5 in rock face color which is the same, but has a smaller brim.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 25, 2009
1812 posts
998 upvotes
FYI this works with buy more save more on clothing and footwear

Image
Member
User avatar
Sep 27, 2007
241 posts
132 upvotes
Vancouver
Made in China unlike their other Canadian made models so i guess that reflects the price.
Last edited by 2damax on Jul 9th, 2020 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 18, 2003
6319 posts
113 upvotes
Etobicoke
I bought into Tilley Hats many years ago when they were just mail order. Great hat and great warranty. When it wears out just exchange for a new one for free. I'm on my third hat now. First one wore out and I went to the Queen's Quay store for free replacement. When the second one wore out I went to Mississauga SQ1 store and got a free replacement. Third one is still going strong but both stores are now closed. I hope the Don Mills store will stay open.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1483 posts
387 upvotes
Westcoast
how old does one have to be to wear these? Would you be labelled as a boomer instantly?
"Shorty wanna be a thug" -2pac
Newbie
Jun 2, 2019
7 posts
19 upvotes
eelfliw wrote: I bought into Tilley Hats many years ago when they were just mail order. Great hat and great warranty. When it wears out just exchange for a new one for free. I'm on my third hat now. First one wore out and I went to the Queen's Quay store for free replacement. When the second one wore out I went to Mississauga SQ1 store and got a free replacement. Third one is still going strong but both stores are now closed. I hope the Don Mills store will stay open.
Is that the spirit of their offer? I have a Tilley hat and I know it's good quality. If a seam ripped or there was some other defect I'd for sure send it in. But if it gets worn out from years of use I think I'd buy a new one. Of you like that much to wear it all the time, it seem like you're getting your value out of it. Why not support the company that made it?

I do the same thing with Darn Tough socks. Abused my first pair for 4 years. Sent them in with a small hole and got a "free pair," but then felt bad about it. I for sure got many times the use out of them that I would have got from cheaper socks. Plus I loved the comfort of them.

If we abuse the spirit of these refund policies, either the company will stop offering it or cease to exist, no?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2015
3077 posts
2899 upvotes
Alberta
2Sedins1Cup wrote: how old does one have to be to wear these? Would you be labelled as a boomer instantly?
I bought mine for kayaking. Label me whatever you like...
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 6, 2003
13852 posts
5002 upvotes
Ottawa
2Sedins1Cup wrote: how old does one have to be to wear these? Would you be labelled as a boomer instantly?
I bought my first Tilley hat when I was 25. I don't care what people think....I wanted a light perfectly sized hat with the best sun protection for travelling
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Sr. Member
Dec 22, 2003
952 posts
63 upvotes
Calgary
did this happen to anyone else? I ordered ONE today, and received EIGHT order confirmation emails, with different order numbers! My online account is showing THREE separate orders, and I can't cancel any of them.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 2, 2012
3242 posts
2073 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
mrmsups wrote: Is that the spirit of their offer? I have a Tilley hat and I know it's good quality. If a seam ripped or there was some other defect I'd for sure send it in. But if it gets worn out from years of use I think I'd buy a new one. Of you like that much to wear it all the time, it seem like you're getting your value out of it. Why not support the company that made it?

I do the same thing with Darn Tough socks. Abused my first pair for 4 years. Sent them in with a small hole and got a "free pair," but then felt bad about it. I for sure got many times the use out of them that I would have got from cheaper socks. Plus I loved the comfort of them.

If we abuse the spirit of these refund policies, either the company will stop offering it or cease to exist, no?
Nah. It's baked into the price. The average Joe is not going to wear out a hat. Shit, I have made in China woven paper Stetson that I bought from a discount store here in town years ago. I've taken to the beach and glamping multiple times over multiple years, and it's still held together. You'd have to try really hard to wear one out.
Companies that offer this type of warranty benefit from work of mouth in the long run. Sears Craftsman tools was famous for their hand tool warranty.
I've had Moen lavatory faucets replaced for free due to bubbling finishes (much to the delight of the client) for the same reason. Same goes for Ridgid Tools Lifetime Service Agreement; free battery replacements for life as well as other servicing.
Member
User avatar
Jun 5, 2010
478 posts
499 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks OP. Ordered one to replace the one I forgot is a rush to get out of the UK in March. This is functional wear, not fashionable wear, unless you have a bread and a walking stick or a paddle in your hand.
  • You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.
  • The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
  • You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it!
Newbie
Jun 2, 2019
7 posts
19 upvotes
MrFrugal1 wrote: Nah. It's baked into the price. The average Joe is not going to wear out a hat. Shit, I have made in China woven paper Stetson that I bought from a discount store here in town years ago. I've taken to the beach and glamping multiple times over multiple years, and it's still held together. You'd have to try really hard to wear one out.
Companies that offer this type of warranty benefit from work of mouth in the long run. Sears Craftsman tools was famous for their hand tool warranty.
I've had Moen lavatory faucets replaced for free due to bubbling finishes (much to the delight of the client) for the same reason. Same goes for Ridgid Tools Lifetime Service Agreement; free battery replacements for life as well as other servicing.
Yes I agree the price reflects the warranty. But there's a tipping point where they no longer think it's worth it to offer. To your points, an average Joe doesn't buy a Tilley to begin with, and unlike Ridgid tools, most buyers aren't going to own multiple Tilley hats. Of course they have other items, but I think hats are the money maker. Anyway, you're probably right, I'd just be interested in seeing the numbers behind offers like this.

Cheers!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 2, 2012
3242 posts
2073 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
The fact that they actually have sized hats is a bonus. I have an above average melon, and the "One Size" hats are a problem for me.
Sr. Member
Apr 29, 2007
549 posts
252 upvotes
Richmond Hill
2Sedins1Cup wrote: how old does one have to be to wear these? Would you be labelled as a boomer instantly?
Yep, get ready for a lot of OK Boomer

Top