Expired Hot Deals

Locked: [Costco] Tim Hortons Chicken Noodles Soup (6x500ml) - $8.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 4th, 2020 1:24 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 21, 2015
8849 posts
52416 upvotes
Ontario

[Costco] Tim Hortons Chicken Noodles Soup (6x500ml) - $8.99

500ml costs around $4-$5 instore. They are basically the same thing.
Some other RFDERS who worked at Tim Hortons before said, "They come in a package and we just reheat them."


You can add some fresh chicken breasts.



193.jpg
Last edited by TomRFD on Aug 4th, 2020 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: removed hot from title
Share:
39 replies
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 25, 2002
5829 posts
547 upvotes
Vancouver
What is so special about this Tim Hortons canned soup when comparing to Campbell's Chunky chicken noodle soup?
Jr. Member
Dec 19, 2007
171 posts
19 upvotes
far away
All the soups come in frozen plastic bags, The whole bag is dropped into hot water, once it's done(hot and become a liquid form), pour into a container and serve.

worked at Timmys years ago

I like the chilli and chicken noodle soup, will buy and try, thanks OP.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2007
3937 posts
4379 upvotes
GTA
jtcb wrote: What is so special about this Tim Hortons canned soup when comparing to Campbell's Chunky chicken noodle soup?
Tim's: Prepared in Canada, 230mg less sodium per cup, no MSG,

Ingredients: Water, chicken, baby shells pasta (durum wheat semolina, egg white powder), carrots, green peas, red bell peppers, modified corn starch, chicken broth, chicken fat, salt, seasonings, potassium chloride, dehydrated onions, yeast extract, sugars (sugar, dextrose), chicken broth, onion powder, dehydrated parsley, garlic powder, beta-carotene, spices, carrot powder, natural flavours
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 24, 2006
701 posts
57 upvotes
These soups are so salty, they taste bitter.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 6, 2007
2393 posts
1432 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
I cannot believe that someone would pay to buy this stuff. Come on people, you can make this at home in a jiffy and save your money. Your body & health will thank you in the long run. Just the salt (Sodium chloride) in it will raise your BP, especially if you are older or are prone.
Come visit Niagara On The Lake
Voted Prettiest, Friendliest & Most Haunted town in Canada
Support local small business
Jr. Member
Oct 10, 2011
135 posts
81 upvotes
York
Kfox wrote: Tim's: Prepared in Canada, 230mg less sodium per cup, no MSG,

Ingredients: Water, chicken, baby shells pasta (durum wheat semolina, egg white powder), carrots, green peas, red bell peppers, modified corn starch, chicken broth, chicken fat, salt, seasonings, potassium chloride, dehydrated onions, yeast extract, sugars (sugar, dextrose), chicken broth, onion powder, dehydrated parsley, garlic powder, beta-carotene, spices, carrot powder, natural flavours
Do people still care about the no MSG thing?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 5, 2005
2989 posts
904 upvotes
Toronto
dealsssss wrote: These soups are so salty, they taste bitter.
Probably the added chicken fat.
Jr. Member
Jun 21, 2018
134 posts
65 upvotes
After my wife got roach from their cream of brocolli soup I never by anything from Timmys. Their customer support ignored my complain. They are so ignorant
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
11839 posts
3165 upvotes
Scarberia
too bad amazon.ca doesn't have this!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 6, 2010
6555 posts
3033 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
StealthFinder wrote: I cannot believe that someone would pay to buy this stuff. Come on people, you can make this at home in a jiffy and save your money. Your body & health will thank you in the long run. Just the salt (Sodium chloride) in it will raise your BP, especially if you are older or are prone.
Can you share your jiffy recipe? I would love to make my own but I am lazy.
Do you need an instant pot or something like that?
cb2200 wrote: Do people still care about the no MSG thing?
A lot of people do. Especially it give some people headache while others dry in the throat.
vahk33 wrote: After my wife got roach from their cream of brocolli soup I never by anything from Timmys. Their customer support ignored my complain. They are so ignorant
In my opinion, just my opinion though, cockroach is in all restaurants. The only difference is you see it or not.
May be because I was working in a lot of those kitchens when I was much younger. See enough to feel kind of numb.
engineered wrote: I certainly don't. MSG is found naturally in breastmilk. It was a scare in NYC that stigmatized asian food after some people got sick, likely from unsanitary cooking conditions. Without MSG, they just add more salt or other similar substitutes.
researchers have found no definitive evidence of a link between MSG and these symptoms
https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-life ... q-20058196
Not finding a link does not mean there is no link. It just means they cannot find it.
The symptoms of MSG for many people is real. And if you are one of them, you dont need scientific proof to believe.
Last edited by theflyingsquirrel on Aug 4th, 2020 9:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Guru
User avatar
Feb 11, 2007
14623 posts
15400 upvotes
Oakville
cb2200 wrote: Do people still care about the no MSG thing?
I certainly don't. MSG is found naturally in breastmilk. It was a scare in NYC that stigmatized asian food after some people got sick, likely from unsanitary cooking conditions. Without MSG, they just add more salt or other similar substitutes.
researchers have found no definitive evidence of a link between MSG and these symptoms
https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-life ... q-20058196
Jr. Member
User avatar
Apr 3, 2018
130 posts
55 upvotes
Ottawa
engineered wrote: I certainly don't. MSG is found naturally in breastmilk. It was a scare in NYC that stigmatized asian food after some people got sick, likely from unsanitary cooking conditions. Without MSG, they just add more salt or other similar substitutes.
researchers have found no definitive evidence of a link between MSG and these symptoms
https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-life ... q-20058196
I think for some senior people MSG may cause cardiovascular disease.
Sr. Member
Jan 8, 2009
666 posts
648 upvotes
The deal is only HOT, if you put the soup on the stove and boil it to 100F. Otherwise, the deal is meh....
Member
Jan 2, 2010
442 posts
150 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote: A lot of people do. Especially it give some people headache while others dry in the throat.
These imaginary symptoms are deadly for sure. Even if it's real, it certainly has nothing to do with MSG.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)