• Sep 20th, 2020 8:34 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3026 posts
1150 upvotes

Tire Rotation/Balance/Nitrogen $21.99 **now offered on non-Costco tires

Costco has now brought back tire services to all clients, not just those that have purchased tires at Costco.
Rotations used to be available for free about 5 years ago but they removed it because it was always so packed, then they limited the service to tires purchased at Costco only. Now, they brought it back for a charge but now includes balancing, and it's pretty reasonable.

Thanks liviu23 for sharing the picture:

Will most likely still be packed, but you can take appointments now.

I was handed a flyer announing the new services today, Seems to be new for 2016!!

http://www.costco.ca/tire-centre-services.html

Services: (Rotations can be used for swapping between summer/winter)

-Rotation, Balance and Nitrogen Inflation: $21.99 for all 4
**Tires must already be mounted on rims

-Rotation, Balance, Nitrogen Inflation and TPMS Reset: $25.99 for all 4
**Tires must already be mounted on rims.

-Tire Installation/mounting on wheels (any size) including balancing + Nitrogen: $15 per tire

-Flat Repair: $10.99 per tire

-Nitrogen Conversion: $11.99 for all 4

304 replies
Oct 11, 2011
90 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
Costco provides free rotation/balancing if u purchase their tires, correct?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3026 posts
1150 upvotes
diegozhuca wrote: Costco provides free rotation/balancing if u purchase their tires, correct?
Correct, but they did not provide paid services to non-costco tires until now.
Oct 4, 2010
545 posts
200 upvotes
Surrey
I hate Costco for tires even if it is cheaper with the free rotationa and balances. The waits are horrendous here in BC from my own experience.

There is no way in hell you can leave your car there, go shop in the warehouse and expect to get your car back after you are Done shopping.

Yeah it's a good deal of you don't mind a 3-4 hour wait.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2840 posts
1393 upvotes
Mississauga
Good deal I guess; expect to wait half a day, even with an appointment
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3026 posts
1150 upvotes
matrixfwd wrote: I hate Costco for tires even if it is cheaper with the free rotationa and balances. The waits are horrendous here in BC from my own experience.

There is no way in hell you can leave your car there, go shop in the warehouse and expect to get your car back after you are Done shopping.

Yeah it's a good deal of you don't mind a 3-4 hour wait.
True, but you can take appointments now. My Costco has first come first serve in the morning and appointments in the afternoon.

And, hopefully now they will have more doors open since its paid services and not free.
Aug 27, 2010
67 posts
43 upvotes
Québec, Canada
Any official documentation/flyer about the news?

Also, does anyone know if the Tire pucture repair is for a patch-plug?
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
3447 posts
1738 upvotes
Waterloo
What is "Nitrogen conversion"? Taking air out of tires and filling it with nitrogen?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3026 posts
1150 upvotes
crystallight wrote: What is "Nitrogen conversion"? Taking air out of tires and filling it with nitrogen?
Yes
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
18010 posts
5998 upvotes
Toronto
So do they swap tires too? Like from winters to summer etc.
Penalty Box
Dec 16, 2013
1458 posts
519 upvotes
Mississauga
carmaster wrote: So do they swap tires too? Like from winters to summer etc.
"Tire Installation/monunting on wheels (any size) including balancing + Nitrogen: $15 per tire"

What [..] does this mean [..]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
5764 posts
4416 upvotes
Speaking solely on for the closest one near me:

1) They don't hire anyone qualify or diligent enough to balance tires. Took them 3 tries to get it right.

2) The location I'm at don't advertise phone numbers. If you insist, they will give you one but they never answers.

3) Life time rotation/balance/hazard can't be booked. It's drop it off and they will get to it when they can kind of deal. My 2nd balance (initial install screw up) took 2 days. My 3rd time, took 5 days and they couldn't find the tire for 3hrs when I insist to take it back and bring to someone else.

My location, service is horrible. I will never wish that on my worse enemy. I don't care how cheap their tires are. They are strictly ill-equipped and understaffed to handle service requests.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3026 posts
1150 upvotes
carmaster wrote: So do they swap tires too? Like from winters to summer etc.
Tire installation is $15 per tire, Swapping wheels is considered a rotation, the tires must already be mounted on wheels.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
18010 posts
5998 upvotes
Toronto
Ferinthul wrote: "Tire Installation/monunting on wheels (any size) including balancing + Nitrogen: $15 per tire"

What does this mean
This is when you buy the tires from them.