• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2020 8:34 pm
Tags:
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
18418 posts
6438 upvotes
Toronto
Cech wrote: Yes, that is considered a rotation. Tires must already be mounted on wheels.
Cool. Thanks.
Jan 12, 2015
125 posts
112 upvotes
Dundas, ON
They probably looked at the April scheduler for tire changes and thought... "not packed enough". This is their small scam, they promise tire rotation, balancing and changes for free or at low prices, but they know fully well that they can only serve a limited number of customers, the ones willing to be there at 5am and wait outside for a couple of hours, then leave the car for the day. The worst the weather the less people you fight with.
Jul 21, 2011
795 posts
699 upvotes
Knowhere
Is that price for 1 tire or 4? They were charging 15 per tie for tire bought from costco.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3075 posts
1177 upvotes
AncasterRD wrote: They probably looked at the April scheduler for tire changes and thought... "not packed enough". This is their small scam, they promise tire rotation, balancing and changes for free or at low prices, but they know fully well that they can only serve a limited number of customers, the ones willing to be there at 5am and wait outside for a couple of hours, then leave the car for the day. The worst the weather the less people you fight with.
Costco is not the only ones that offers free rotations on purchased tires. Like I said, they will need to increase staff and doors open to allow for the increased services.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1226 posts
592 upvotes
They can't even handle the current workload of the free tire rotations. I've been buying my tires at Costco for over 10 years but only got them rotated once by them. After wasting my whole day at Costco I just have my regular mechanic do it instead.
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
3233 posts
1261 upvotes
Airdrie
Saw this flyer at Crossiron. Great prices... but when I went there to get a flat fixed
1) Had an appointment for 4pm. Dropped van off. Went back a little after 5 and they were just pulling it into the shop. Around 6 before I got out.
2) While I was waiting I heard the manager on the phone with a customer who had driven away without being given her key (keyless start). Fortunately she had not stopped her car but she had to return.
3) Another customer returned because he had not been given his locking lugnut socket back.

I bought a set of used (mounted) snow tires for my car this year. Put them on and found a wobble in the front. Took them off and carried them around in the trunk for a couple of weeks while I tried to get them balanced. Checked at Blaskin & Lane, Fountain Tire, and Walmart - all wanted minimum $50 just to balance a pair of loose wheels. Unbelievable. Finally took them to a local garage and paid $25 cash for the pair - for the same money I could have had all 4 wheels balanced and installed at Costco.
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
4095 posts
1405 upvotes
I use them for oil changes anyway, might as well kill 2 birds with 1 stone :D
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
3398 posts
2083 upvotes
Vancouver
matrixfwd wrote: I hate Costco for tires even if it is cheaper with the free rotationa and balances. The waits are horrendous here in BC from my own experience.

There is no way in hell you can leave your car there, go shop in the warehouse and expect to get your car back after you are Done shopping.

Yeah it's a good deal of you don't mind a 3-4 hour wait.
Maybe the ones in Surrey are like that? Vancouver is pretty quick - within an hour. Richmond lets you make a reservation.

Been getting free rotations and balancing every 8-12k after buying Pilot Sport A/S 3 in 2013. 1hr or less per visit.
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
3233 posts
1261 upvotes
Airdrie
allaire wrote: Also, does anyone know if the Tire pucture repair is for a patch-plug?
I have no issues with a plug but Costco will actually remove your tire and patch it (preferred but far more labour intensive).
Xtrema wrote: They don't hire anyone qualify or diligent enough to balance tires. Took them 3 tries to get it right.
Hard to believe with modern equipment. Put the wheel on the machine, spin and put the indicated weight on the indicated spot. Spin to check. Pretty hard to screw up.
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2010
1671 posts
338 upvotes
Toronto
crystallight wrote: What is "Nitrogen conversion"? Taking air out of tires and filling it with nitrogen?
There is no way in hell anyone can fully fill a tire with 100% nitrogen unless the wheel takes two valve stems in which the air can be flushed out.

Also, plain ol' air is 78% nitrogen.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
2368 posts
738 upvotes
Ferinthul wrote: "Tire Installation/monunting on wheels (any size) including balancing + Nitrogen: $15 per tire"

What the hell does this mean einstein
I think it means mounting on Rims....
‎3 Apples that changed the world: the one that Eve ate, the one that fell on Newton's head and the one that Steve Jobs built.
R.I.P Steve jobs...!!
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
3398 posts
2083 upvotes
Vancouver
Just checked my last invoice for rotation and rebalance dated Dec/04/15.

Time in: 18:03:24
Time out: 18:55:24

Not sure if you guys are exaggerating about the wait times or what. 3-4 hours? No way.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
21683 posts
2461 upvotes
Ferinthul wrote: "Tire Installation/monunting on wheels (any size) including balancing + Nitrogen: $15 per tire"

What the hell does this mean einstein
You take a tire and install onto a wheel, then balance.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3075 posts
1177 upvotes
lightmeup wrote: Is that price for 1 tire or 4? They were charging 15 per tie for tire bought from costco.
Mounting a tire on a rim is $15. $60 for all 4. This is the same price as when you purchase tires from Costco but they didn't offer it as a separate service until now.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2014
1536 posts
235 upvotes
Hamilton
Does Costco still add nitrogen instead of air?