Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Tires (Michelin/Bridgestone/Firelli) 20% off (2022-01-01) One day online only

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2022 12:00 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1598 posts
1609 upvotes
Orleans, ON
JustAUsername wrote: Maybe it’s different in Quebec. It’s illegal to drive without winter tires so they have no choice but to install them. I might ask them if I can drive to Costco though since it’s only 3 minutes away.

Also, what winter tires do you have? I’m wondering if I should’ve gone with the x-ice snow instead of the sottozeros
I have Nokian Hakkapilitta Re tires on my Model 3.
X-Ice are often the best top tier value tires. I'd go with those especially if they are cheaper (they often are)
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2011
1530 posts
963 upvotes
GTA
Firebolt wrote: Needed to replace summers and costco doesn't have stock of Pilot Sport 4s. Picked up the Bridgestone Potenza Sports since with the discount they are $500 cheaper than anywhere I see with the 4s. Anyone have experience with either and have feedback on value?
I have the PS4s and they are incredible in both wet and dry summer conditions. Much more performance than you will ever need though on city streets or along the 400 series highways.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4046 posts
8916 upvotes
Vancouver
pentexplorer wrote: What about people going up cypress or seymour for snowshoe or boarding
If you're literally doing just that and not going up the sea to sky, or out to the coq...

All weathers.

Saves you the hassle of buying and switching over seasonally a whole other set of tires
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4046 posts
8916 upvotes
Vancouver
Kevin8se7en wrote: I have Nokian Hakkapilitta Re tires on my Model 3.
X-Ice are often the best top tier value tires. I'd go with those especially if they are cheaper (they often are)
The nokians are going to be better than the x-ices.

And that's coming from someone that's driven x-ices for the last 6 years
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4046 posts
8916 upvotes
Vancouver
newuserhere wrote: How much costco charge for alignment?
I think we need alignment too when changing tires.. Isn't it
No you don't, unless you are changing tire sizes...

Alignments are like $200 in of itself, don't do it unless you need to
Oct 12, 2020
355 posts
442 upvotes
Kevin8se7en wrote: I have Nokian Hakkapilitta Re tires on my Model 3.
Thanks I just called to switch the order and they said they would honour the 20% discount. I just have to call them once the tires ship. If they don’t refund me the difference, I would be paying $80 more for the X-ice compared to the sottozeros but I think the x-ice are better in snow and ice than the pirellis
Aug 16, 2020
919 posts
176 upvotes
danascully wrote: If you're literally doing just that and not going up the sea to sky, or out to the coq...

All weathers.

Saves you the hassle of buying and switching over seasonally a whole other set of tires
What if I am in GTA but don't drive much each month... Just use the the car for errands like grocery, library or other important things/necessaries for a family...
Should I skip winter tires and continue with all season tires or should I get winter tires as one time expense as everyone here keep on saying everyone needs winter tires in Canada..
Mar 5, 2011
223 posts
217 upvotes
newuserhere wrote: So if I order today.. Can I still cancel or not get installed if I get another deal on another tires elsewhere?
If you don't get the tires mounted within a time period of them arriving at the warehouse they will automatically refund your purchase. I can't remember how long it is though.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
That was quick... I ordered my tires at 11:30pm ET last night and I just received email saying my tires already at my Costco. I guess that they are stocking up tires at their warehouse for this sale.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2007
2370 posts
1445 upvotes
Vancouver
danascully wrote: For anyone that doesn't go constantly outside of vancouver urban area, all weathers are the proper choice. It's more wet than cold here in the winter.
I run a summer/winter setup always have always will. Max grip on dry and wet with summer tires and max grip on ice and snow with winter tires. Don't want to compromise when it comes to my tires not willing to sacrifice safety and performance with all seasons or all weather.

And yeah nobody needs snow tires in Vancouver till we get 20cm of snow and fridgid temperatures. BTW my Xice Snows have performed well they've been worth their price in gold this past couple of weeks in GVRD.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2007
2370 posts
1445 upvotes
Vancouver
newuserhere wrote: What if I am in GTA but don't drive much each month... Just use the the car for errands like grocery, library or other important things/necessaries for a family...
Should I skip winter tires and continue with all season tires or should I get winter tires as one time expense as everyone here keep on saying everyone needs winter tires in Canada..
All season tire compounds get hard when temps get close to freezing. There is a substantial difference in stopping distance of all season vs snow tires on cold, icy, snowy roads. Since your family is depending on you to get them to where they need to go I would invest in some quality snow tires. And for all the all weather fan boys all weather tires are a compromise and by no means a replacement for snow tires.
Aug 16, 2020
919 posts
176 upvotes
m3thods wrote: If you don't get the tires mounted within a time period of them arriving at the warehouse they will automatically refund your purchase. I can't remember how long it is though.
What abt wheels.. They say wheels will be delivered at home.. So can I return wheels after delivery in costco warehouse?

For tires I understand what you said.. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4046 posts
8916 upvotes
Vancouver
kev604 wrote:
And yeah nobody needs snow tires in Vancouver till we get 20cm of snow and fridgid temperatures. BTW my Xice Snows have performed well they've been worth their price in gold this past couple of weeks in GVRD.
Yep 100%

I've been running the x-ice xi3's and the car is like on rails. Going up seymour or cypress and passing people going 1/2 the speed. I can't get the snow's as my OE tire size they don't offer anymore, sigh.
Apr 23, 2008
675 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
How often Costco runs this promotion? Is this their best promo on tires?
Jul 1, 2017
90 posts
26 upvotes
kev604 wrote: All season tire compounds get hard when temps get close to freezing. There is a substantial difference in stopping distance of all season vs snow tires on cold, icy, snowy roads. Since your family is depending on you to get them to where they need to go I would invest in some quality snow tires. And for all the all weather fan boys all weather tires are a compromise and by no means a replacement for snow tires.
All weather tires have made significant progress in recent years. I have tried the Cross Climate 2s in snow and ice and they are a very capable tire. I also have experience with a variety of winter tires including Bridgestone Blizzak WS70s and Blizzak WS90s, Michelin X-Ice 3s, Firestone Winterforce and General Artics. I found the X-Ice quite poor in the slush and deep snow. Maybe they have improved that aspect with the new X-Ice Snows. The WS90s were quite a bit better than the X-Ice in the slush and deeper snow. I always found winters tires to be fair to poor in wet braking and wet acceleration. The Cross Climate perform very well in the wet.

Of course a dedicated winter tire is the best for severe winter conditions, but all-weathers are superior to all-seasons in winter conditions and are a good choice for those who want to run one set of tires year round, or don't have the financial means to purchase or store an additional set of winter tires/rims.
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2011
2259 posts
755 upvotes
Vancouver
danascully wrote: If you're literally doing just that and not going up the sea to sky, or out to the coq...

All weathers.

really? I would have thought going up Cypress Mountain or Seymour would need specific winter tires or 4WD. Going in my 2WD with all-seasons in the city has been fine in Vancouver as long you go slow.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4046 posts
8916 upvotes
Vancouver
newuserhere wrote: What if I am in GTA but don't drive much each month... Just use the the car for errands like grocery, library or other important things/necessaries for a family...
If you're in Toronto... get winter tires. It's only in Vancouver do you have that option of not getting it, and only for very limited use cases for your vehicle.

Bought a used set of xi3's here for $250 with 90% tread left, 2 years old and paid another $100 to get them mounted on rims. Cheap as hell
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4046 posts
8916 upvotes
Vancouver
pentexplorer wrote: really? I would have thought going up Cypress Mountain or Seymour would need specific winter tires or 4WD. Going in my 2WD with all-seasons in the city has been fine in Vancouver as long you go slow.
Legally in BC, and including cypress and seymour, "all seasons" or "m+s" meet the "winter tire" requirement.

Whether that's a good idea is another question. I see winter tires for myself personally as cheap insurance for not wrecking my car, or causing wrecks. Check my post above ^

I drive an 4x4 xterra and a subaru outback AWD... so
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2011
2259 posts
755 upvotes
Vancouver
danascully wrote: Legally in BC, and including cypress and seymour, "all seasons" or "m+s" meet the "winter tire" requirement.

Whether that's a good idea is another question. I see winter tires for myself personally as cheap insurance for not wrecking my car, or causing wrecks. Check my post above ^

I drive an 4x4 xterra and a subaru outback AWD... so
just curious what are your top 3 all-seasons tires for snow ?
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2019
1418 posts
343 upvotes
sidewinder842 wrote: All weather tires have made significant progress in recent years. I have tried the Cross Climate 2s in snow and ice and they are a very capable tire. I also have experience with a variety of winter tires including Bridgestone Blizzak WS70s and Blizzak WS90s, Michelin X-Ice 3s, Firestone Winterforce and General Artics. I found the X-Ice quite poor in the slush and deep snow. Maybe they have improved that aspect with the new X-Ice Snows. The WS90s were quite a bit better than the X-Ice in the slush and deeper snow. I always found winters tires to be fair to poor in wet braking and wet acceleration. The Cross Climate perform very well in the wet.

Of course a dedicated winter tire is the best for severe winter conditions, but all-weathers are superior to all-seasons in winter conditions and are a good choice for those who want to run one set of tires year round, or don't have the financial means to purchase or store an additional set of winter tires/rims.
great info... i thought either there is winter tire or there is all season... now you are saying there is "all weather vs all season"... interesting..