372 stock at the time of posting.

lifejacket still in stock at costco too
https://www.costco.ca/hyperlite-paddlin ... 56951.html
17 replies
May 3, 2017
12 posts
deep wrote: Hot? Because of?
Because you can only use it during red "hot" summer days Face With Tears Of Joy
Last edited by cicaskl on Jun 3rd, 2021 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 31, 2010
11 posts
7 upvotes
Vancouver
Can't recommend this kayak. Bought it earlier this summer, and went kayaking with it twice. Both times I ended up sitting in a puddle of water. The wife stayed dry though. Otherwise, everything worked pretty well.
Feb 28, 2020
291 posts
667 upvotes
Not sure if this is actually $120 better than the $150 intex 2 person kayak on Amazon
Mar 7, 2011
278 posts
323 upvotes
Surrey, BC
jmons20 wrote: Not sure if this is actually $120 better than the $150 intex 2 person kayak on Amazon
Yep I have the same question. OP What makes this hot when you can get one (well reviewed, mind,) for $150 on Amazon?
Sep 15, 2015
798 posts
630 upvotes
Mooooonnn
I got one and already used twice this summer. I also had a intex challenger k2 for 5 years. I did a few search and and comparison before pulling the trigger: I believe this is same “ Bestway Hydro-Force Ventura X2” but just sold under a different name in Canada.

I feel this is very good and stable. Worth the money. Compare to intex k2:
Pro:
Tracks well, similar if not better
More stable than k2
Extra layer means more protection and I can see it last longer than k2, but this layer means longer to try
Paddle feels better, k2 give me and my friends blister. But I feel the length is a bit off, weird when paddling
Better return policy than k2 from amazon or any retailer
More spacious than k2 though it is shorter.
Better seats
Better/faster pump
Easier/faster to inflate and deflate except for drying part

Con: more expensive than k2
Longer to dry
No bag (intex bag is low quality and would tear or zipper would fail with a few usage)
Pump is a bit too large to store on the kayak.
The pump is nice with a pressure reading to avoid over inflate, but mine stopped working after first use.

To sum up, the price is pretty good, and it is much cheaper than Ventura sold from other retailer or if you look at the listing price from Europe/Japan, etc, even for pre-Covid time this is a good deal. With Covid tax on those outdoor items and short supply, one can see intex ones soars double the price if any stock, so this is a good buy. I would suggest skip intex and get this directly unless your budget is really low, than go for k2 in stock for $150, not bad price during Covid either

https://www.amazon.ca/Intex-Explorer-2- ... B00A7EXF4C
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
2. Don’t buy because it’s cheap. Buy it when needed or it brings convenience/happiness/better quality in life
3. Buy now think (regret/return) later
4. If the gut says don’t tell your lady, don’t!
Sep 15, 2015
798 posts
630 upvotes
Mooooonnn
jmons20 wrote: Not sure if this is actually $120 better than the $150 intex 2 person kayak on Amazon
See my review above, if you want to use it for one summer or so, go for intex. Otherwise it is $120 better than intex.
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
2. Don’t buy because it’s cheap. Buy it when needed or it brings convenience/happiness/better quality in life
Feb 3, 2019
339 posts
327 upvotes
anshiren wrote: I got one and already used twice this summer. I also had a intex challenger k2 for 5 years. I did a few search and and comparison before pulling the trigger: I believe this is same “ Bestway Hydro-Force Ventura X2” but just sold under a different name in Canada.

I feel this is very good and stable. Worth the money. Compare to intex k2:
Pro:
Tracks well, similar if not better
More stable than k2
Extra layer means more protection and I can see it last longer than k2, but this layer means longer to try
Paddle feels better, k2 give me and my friends blister. But I feel the length is a bit off, weird when paddling
Better return policy than k2 from amazon or any retailer
More spacious than k2 though it is shorter.
Better seats
Better/faster pump
Easier/faster to inflate and deflate except for drying part

Con: more expensive than k2
Longer to dry
No bag (intex bag is low quality and would tear or zipper would fail with a few usage)
Pump is a bit too large to store on the kayak.
The pump is nice with a pressure reading to avoid over inflate, but mine stopped working after first use.

To sum up, the price is pretty good, and it is much cheaper than Ventura sold from other retailer or if you look at the listing price from Europe/Japan, etc, even for pre-Covid time this is a good deal. With Covid tax on those outdoor items and short supply, one can see intex ones soars double the price if any stock, so this is a good buy. I would suggest skip intex and get this directly unless your budget is really low, than go for k2 in stock for $150, not bad price during Covid either

https://www.amazon.ca/Intex-Explorer-2- ... B00A7EXF4C
Idk still doesnt convince me that this is $120 more lol
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
1481 posts
1617 upvotes
Intex has good reviews online though. Not sure about this one if it’s worth $120 more. Can buy two intex at this point.
Sep 15, 2015
798 posts
630 upvotes
Mooooonnn
Murkdx wrote:
Idk still doesnt convince me that this is $120 more lol
Go for whatever you feel comfortable...it will be fun and a good pastime whichever you choose. Cheaper one just has a bit higher failure rate with use and abuse or even oob (holes, tear at the seam, etc), and may last shorter time
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
Mar 12, 2006
815 posts
188 upvotes
anshiren wrote: See my review above, if you want to use it for one summer or so, go for intex. Otherwise it is $120 better than intex.
How do you find it doing solo?

Seems pretty neat, 10 ft. Nice lil kayak to fish.
Oct 24, 2016
145 posts
102 upvotes
I picked up 2 Intex K1 from the $28 sale a few years ago. They have been taken out about 12 times each I'd say over 2.5 summers. They still hold air great, still operate as new and look new. Sometimes my kids even drag them in over gravel/dirt/sand and they stood up. If I were buying another "cheap inflatable" I'd go with the known quantity of Intex.
Sep 15, 2015
798 posts
630 upvotes
Mooooonnn
Rifle wrote:
How do you find it doing solo?

Seems pretty neat, 10 ft. Nice lil kayak to fish.
Challenger K2 is okay for solo.

Haven’t tried solo on the Costco one yet as I took my two toddler sons both times. It tracks well with me sitting all the way at the back. The kayak is not long @ 10 ft should be no problem plus you would have a cooler or gearbox to better balance the weight distribution.

Also I assume the storage bag at the rear and two Velcros on the side for the paddles may be handy for fishing
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
Sep 15, 2015
798 posts
630 upvotes
Mooooonnn
Scottisonswardrobe wrote: I picked up 2 Intex K1 from the $28 sale a few years ago. They have been taken out about 12 times each I'd say over 2.5 summers. They still hold air great, still operate as new and look new. Sometimes my kids even drag them in over gravel/dirt/sand and they stood up. If I were buying another "cheap inflatable" I'd go with the known quantity of Intex.
I dragged the carry bag once for 5 mins and then found my k2 got four holes (my gear was so heavy with other stuff and two kids running around)....lesson learned and I would not drag any kayak in future no matter how cheap I got it. It is risk as I may damage the boat that will carry me and my family on the water
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
May 19, 2020
66 posts
27 upvotes
I picked this up and used it twice its fine for the price but If you want a better inflatable that has all the great features then your looking at $1000. I would say this is a good starter kayak or something to do for fun.
Oct 1, 2014
2 posts
Winnipeg, MB
BudD62653 wrote: I picked this up and used it twice its fine for the price but If you want a better inflatable that has all the great features then your looking at $1000. I would say this is a good starter kayak or something to do for fun.
Agree, ordered one, wait to see how much fun it could bring.