Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] TP9000 - Tempurpedic Mid Back Task Chair $269.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 10th, 2020 11:41 am
Mar 6, 2019
126 posts
171 upvotes
Thanks OP, does anyone know if they stock these in store?

Moving away from my Hyken chair, it definitely was not the “bang for buck” chair I thought it was originally...
Sep 7, 2006
842 posts
515 upvotes
Si1ent wrote: Don't comment after, but I highly recommend getting a used Herman Miller Aeron chair in the 300-500 dollar range if you can find one.(Kijiji, craiglist, fb marketplace)

It is worth the investment even if its used. One of the best investments I ever made and they last!
I was never a fan of mesh seating

My work has heavily invested in HM chairs and I hate sitting in it for prolonged periods, especially when u have the urge to sit on a folded leg. Good luck.

This Tempur hits another demographic.
Mar 6, 2019
126 posts
171 upvotes
IceCreamGee wrote: I was never a fan of mesh seating

My work has heavily invested in HM chairs and I hate sitting in it for prolonged periods, especially when u have the urge to sit on a folded leg. Good luck.

This Tempur hits another demographic.
One of the reasons I am moving from the Hyken, not a fan of the mesh.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2004
4090 posts
1111 upvotes
Vancouver
Review (along with photos of the different colour choices): https://chairinstitute.com/tempur-pedic ... ir-review/

I've seen used Leap v2 for $350 (about the same price as this chair, new, after tax) on Facebook Marketplace. A buddy of mine bought one and said it was in excellent condition, built in 2014. Aerons go for about the same. Chairs from the top ergonomic manufacturers are bomb-proof, they look like-new even after almost a decade of 8hrs, 5days/wk use and they don't feel cheap unlike almost all of the Staples chairs.. of course you're paying 5-10x the price for new though. Can't speak to the Tempur-pedic, never seen it in person.
Removed external link in signature.
Sep 7, 2006
842 posts
515 upvotes
I've also been digging up some reviews on amazon and there are a mass of people that wished the padding was thicker because they would bottom out easily. Not looking forward to that.

I'm personally in the market for a cushioned chair, don't care if it's pleather, that is high back and cushiony enough to melt in it, say for "PC home theater" use as if you were sitting in a leather sofa. The one I have is a Lane high back chair purchased from costco about 12 years ago and it's on its last limb here. The plastic washers have dried up and broken down to dust from wear, the arms have little yellow foam left since its been worn off. Like i'm in a dire need of a new chair. I used to go to staples and try chairs out ready to purchase one that "Spoke" to me and all were quite uncomfortable. The closest I could think of meeting my requirements that's not a pc theater chair is the leap v2 and I'm sort of willing to purchase one for the 800 it is. Not interested in buying a 6 year old cushion chair. Anyone have any recommendations?
Apr 21, 2008
352 posts
123 upvotes
Ordered while my Aeron is on backorder :|

I'm just under 6ft with medium build (190lb or so) - should be interesting but I've read nothing but good reviews and the back has similarities in looks to the Aeron

For anyone curious on its specs I found this online: https://a.sellpoint.net/a/Tempur-Pedic+ ... x8ZzEk.pdf

Sep 26, 2010
785 posts
112 upvotes
I’ve had this chair for all of two hours. Was able to build it in less than 20 minutes. Delivery in 3 days.

So far so good. Very impressed with the build quality itself. Height is easily adjustable. Back support is the best I’ve ever experienced.

Box says cushion made in usa and chair in taiwan.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1654 posts
903 upvotes
Vancouver
CHIA wrote: So many of them have sketch reviews though.
Well I have something more premium than these amazon ones from many years ago, but most people won't pay $25/wheel for neoprene casters.
Since I don't have any of the amazon ones, I'm not going to link a specific one item.

One thing I know is that the format/functionality is amazing and if these were available at the time I probably would have gotten them at their prices.
Apr 26, 2016
10 posts
69 upvotes
Montreal, QC
@CHIA Ever used Fakespot as a Chrome extension? Should paint a clearer picture in terms of legit reviews. Give a ranking on the reliability of the reviews.

https://www.fakespot.com/
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
2821 posts
769 upvotes
Ottawa
Sypsy wrote: Don't forget to upgrade your casters if you have hardwood. These glide better and shouldn't wear down your floor like the stock casters. (or need a finicky floor protector which traps dirt)

https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=rollerblade+c ... _sb_noss_2
Oh that's interesting. Never thought of doing that before.

I'm on carpet, so it doesn't really matter to me (I don't think so anyways) - but still a cool thought.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2003
1398 posts
248 upvotes
BC
TarikB wrote: @CHIA Ever used Fakespot as a Chrome extension? Should paint a clearer picture in terms of legit reviews. Give a ranking on the reliability of the reviews.

https://www.fakespot.com/
No have not, thanks, will explore that.
CHIA
Aug 11, 2006
387 posts
22 upvotes
Has anyone found a Canadian site for the optional headrest? I've ordered mine alrdy but my shipping has been delayed.
cpu - i7 2600k 4.7@1.37v, mobo - p8z68v-pro, gpu - XFX RX 580 GTS Black , ram - g.skill ripjaws x 16gb 1600, cooling - noctua nh-d14, case - corsair 600t white, hdd - 1TB WD black + 480gb Crucial SSD, psu - corsair TX650M