[Costco] TP9000 - Tempurpedic Mid Back Task Chair $269.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 10th, 2020 11:41 am
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
2865 posts
1794 upvotes
Langley
strobeshow wrote: If anyone is looking for a different style chair, I recently got this one in:

https://www.costco.ca/beautyrest-execut ... 39388.html

Same as this one here:

https://www.staples.ca/products/2829384 ... chair-grey

Its large and very comfy. Took armrests off as they got in the way for me, and doesn't ruin integrity of chair.
Bonded leather.. never again for me! It may look and feel good initially, but will likely crack and peel after a year.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1513 posts
973 upvotes
Montréal
silverknight921 wrote: I contacted ergocentric. They're offering the air centric 2 for $500+ tax.
How do you know it’s actually a good chair?
Jun 4, 2015
67 posts
51 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
thesubmitter wrote: How do you know it’s actually a good chair?
I don't know if it's good or not since I have never tried. Would love some feedback if anyone has tried it.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
1617 posts
1244 upvotes
Toronto
Howie685 wrote: I can across this chair from Ikea, not sure if anyone have used it before but the reviews are quite positive.
https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/markus-off ... -90289172/
Markus is one of the most famous chairs out there, but I would never recommend a chair with fixed arms. Adjustable height arm rest is so important, side arm rest adjust isn't bad, but not as important as height.
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2003
1381 posts
401 upvotes
North York
Howie685 wrote: I can across this chair from Ikea, not sure if anyone have used it before but the reviews are quite positive.
https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/markus-off ... -90289172/
I had this Ikea Markus chair for many years before getting the Tempurpedic. While I liked the seat cushion of the Markus (mine is the leather version), I found the back to be uncomfortable after sitting on it for longer periods of time, despite trying it at different angles. I also took off the arm rests since you can't adjust them.

My teenage son is currently using the Markus and he complained about it as well.
Jun 4, 2015
67 posts
51 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
neonic wrote: Markus is one of the most famous chairs out there, but I would never recommend a chair with fixed arms. Adjustable height arm rest is so important, side arm rest adjust isn't bad, but not as important as height.
I have the Markus. The seat is comfortable, but the armrests are attrocious. The backrest also doesn't work very well for me either. It's a good chair if you're on the taller/bigger side.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
3715 posts
1044 upvotes
QC
Does Costco accept prepaid credit card? I need to bill this on an Amex.
Feb 8, 2017
243 posts
107 upvotes
Grabbed a blue one. I have the same chair in my office and it's great. Much better than the bonded leather one I'm sitting on now, all peeling.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2005
2177 posts
1116 upvotes
thesubmitter wrote: My corporation has a deal. It’s actually 377+tax with a 12yr warranty
The exact model is air2 mt 3ataot uc
you buying it through work? or just saying you work at X, can I get the corporate discount...
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2001
1194 posts
446 upvotes
Like an earlier poster, I have a similar model, the TP8000. At Costco's price, the 9000 is a bargain. I'm working from home due the pandemic and purchased the current chair just prior. My old, higher end chair needed a new seat pan after 10+ years of use. Didn't want to spend much more than $300 (price match to Wayfair and coupon at Staples) and shopped hard before I decided on the one purchased. I prefer the fabric back but tried this mesh unit which is quite similar and liked it as well. It's the seat cushion that distinguishes this from others in the price range. My old chair is over $500 new. This tempurpedic isn't as robust but was the clear winner for me. I tried model at several stores including Ikea. Great buy and of course the Costco return policy if unhappy.
Nov 18, 2004
230 posts
30 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Ordered 'Red' one. Thanks OP!
Apr 21, 2008
352 posts
123 upvotes
Got the chair a couple days ago.

First impression - it's actually not bad.

Some of my thoughts:

- Seat is fairly firm - I don't mind - and is contoured to fit your butt
- The back rest is broad and very similar to the Aeron
- The mesh backing is not bad, not as comfortable as the Aeron
- The recline is meh as its just the back going back (I suppose most chairs are like this and not like the Aeron where the seat tilts too)
- The arm rests are nice but they don't have the ability to angle in - they only go up and down
- Easy assembly

Overall, it's a sturdy chair and hopefully lasts a few years - obviously no comparison for Aeron but a good chair overall considering it's almost 1/4 the price