• Nov 30th, 2021 12:45 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2003
2929 posts
859 upvotes
Ottawa

[Costco] [Black Friday] Transformer Dining Table - $1199

Transformer table, can seat up to 12 guests.
100% hardwood
Made in Canada

The table only is $1199 https://www.costco.ca/transformer-table ... 83145.html

The table with a bench is $1699 https://www.costco.ca/transformer-table ... 83156.html

Retails for $2999 on the official website.
https://ca.transformertable.com/product ... 1478061174
Last edited by dux on Nov 29th, 2021 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
32 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1494 posts
2139 upvotes
Kingston
WTH?! I really thought Optimus Prime was going to show up in the picture!
Oct 30, 2019
597 posts
1368 upvotes
Fraser Valley
I thought it was a table from the movie, could use one in the man cave
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
8572 posts
7570 upvotes
xtrmDeals wrote: WTH?! I really thought Optimus Prime was going to show up in the picture!
After the world is talking about Omicron all weekend...... this is all a conspiracy by Hasbro.
Oct 20, 2009
326 posts
325 upvotes
Beeton
RedStrikeCa wrote: ... For some reason I was expecting transformers themed table.
Came here to say this....specifically Optimus Prime Face With Tears Of Joy
Nov 22, 2017
186 posts
234 upvotes
Autobots, transform......and eat ???
Oct 18, 2009
90 posts
104 upvotes
Edmonton
interested in a long dining table, read some reviews that mention the inconsistent materials (extension boards are not hardwood when they claim 100%). Anyone here has it and can chime in?
Aug 5, 2019
1 posts
I actually just got the Canadian dark oak a few days ago, it was 1150 for the table itself at Costco online
May 20, 2011
205 posts
324 upvotes
CALGARY
Decepticons, add a dash of Shigella (dysentery) to the dinner.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2001
3093 posts
1271 upvotes
Toronto
Probably need large stepladders to sit at this transformer
Images
  • 220px-Polemount-singlephase-closeup.jpg
RFD OG 20+ years
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
2938 posts
1255 upvotes
I'm waiting for the Gobots table, it'll probably be cheaper, but poorly made.
Dec 24, 2018
716 posts
745 upvotes
Canada
RedStrikeCa wrote: ... For some reason I was expecting transformers themed table.
You will see transformers once omvricon, descent of decepticons, ends up on that table
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
1044 posts
253 upvotes
Vancouver
Interested in this long ago, but it doesn't pass the wife approval factor.

The edges are too square. So no one can really sit near the end.

The table will need to be opened a lot bigger than regular tables.

Of course, the selling point is to extend when you need it to during guest visits.

But our main issue is that 95% of the time, we would be better off with a normal table.

For that 5% of the time... just go out and eat with friends.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
8572 posts
7570 upvotes
tungx2 wrote: Interested in this long ago, but it doesn't pass the wife approval factor.

The edges are too square. So no one can really sit near the end.

The table will need to be opened a lot bigger than regular tables.

Of course, the selling point is to extend when you need it to during guest visits.

But our main issue is that 95% of the time, we would be better off with a normal table.

For that 5% of the time... just go out and eat with friends.
I know what look they are going for but it's hard to pass the wife factor.

$1200 for something that looks like you built it with reclaim wood pallets. Hard sell.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2003
2929 posts
859 upvotes
Ottawa
Xtrema wrote: I know what look they are going for but it's hard to pass the wife factor.

$1200 for something that looks like you built it with reclaim wood pallets. Hard sell.

Any proof that it is made with wood pellets?? The site claims 100% hardwood.
Dec 19, 2006
17 posts
11 upvotes
Was disappointed there was no reference to the dinner reservations
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
8572 posts
7570 upvotes
dux wrote: Any proof that it is made with wood pellets?? The site claims 100% hardwood.
*Looks like*

There is no way a mainstream high volume product sell by Costco is made from reclaimed shipping wood pallet.
Sep 21, 2011
57 posts
168 upvotes
Calgary
Avoid at all costs. I too was looking at this table for a long time too. Concept is great for houses with limited space. so I finally pulled the trigger. But 100% regret it
I got the 2nd version of this table through kickstarter and needless to say its a POS... customer service is even worse. I was able to recoup some cost from them but they still owe me a set of replacement panels because the ones they sent me are literal garbage. They don't fit together properly (pencil width gaps), hardware (Clips) fallen off most of them so i cant even snap them together. list goes on.
The material that was advertised was a smooth finish, but I got some weird grainy brushed texture that get food stuck in it CONSTANTLY and is impossible to clean without having to scrape it. I called them out on it and they updated their website, but gave me the run around of excuses.
Table scratches easily, you have to store the panels very carefully otherwise you'll scratch the hell outta them.
I dont think its really hardwood. Its solid feeling but its wrapped with something

im stuck with an eyesore for a few more years to feel like I got my monies worth. Then its going in the outside for some backyard wrestling...
IMG_20190405_191955.jpg
IMG_20181208_155937.jpg
Nov 25, 2014
67 posts
190 upvotes
Calgary, AB
ndeezy wrote: Avoid at all costs. I too was looking at this table for a long time too. Concept is great for houses with limited space. so I finally pulled the trigger. But 100% regret it
I got the 2nd version of this table through kickstarter and needless to say its a POS... customer service is even worse. I was able to recoup some cost from them but they still owe me a set of replacement panels because the ones they sent me are literal garbage. They don't fit together properly (pencil width gaps), hardware (Clips) fallen off most of them so i cant even snap them together. list goes on.
The material that was advertised was a smooth finish, but I got some weird grainy brushed texture that get food stuck in it CONSTANTLY and is impossible to clean without having to scrape it. I called them out on it and they updated their website, but gave me the run around of excuses.
Table scratches easily, you have to store the panels very carefully otherwise you'll scratch the hell outta them.
I dont think its really hardwood. Its solid feeling but its wrapped with something

im stuck with an eyesore for a few more years to feel like I got my monies worth. Then its going in the outside for some backyard wrestling...
IMG_20190405_191955.jpg
IMG_20181208_155937.jpg
Idea by Autobots. Deceptive execution by Decepticons.

Maybe 100% hardwood layer, which is the top few millimetres like some IKEA countertops?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)